The Student Room Group

K.U. Leuven for Philosophy Postgraduate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by zerlendi
Hi. Great to hear you are applying to Leuven.
Reading from the website, you normally apply online, though the guest account on the online form.
http://www.kuleuven.be/research/funding/bof/personal/#dbof

However:
Doctoral scholarships for international co-operation with countries outside the EEA (DBOF)

The next call will be announced in the autumn of 2013.

Thank you very much for the update. As far as I understand from your reply and also from the information on the website, MPhil students can also get this scholarship, but there is no open call for applications for now. Then I have another question. Is it possible for me first enrolling to the program (of course If I get an acceptance) and then applying for the scholarship in the autumn of 2013? Again, than you.
Reply 21
Original post by andaval
Thank you very much for the update. As far as I understand from your reply and also from the information on the website, MPhil students can also get this scholarship, but there is no open call for applications for now. Then I have another question. Is it possible for me first enrolling to the program (of course If I get an acceptance) and then applying for the scholarship in the autumn of 2013? Again, than you.

As an applicant (accepted) for the Undergraduate course, I am not able to provide an answer to that question. I would imagine that it should not be a problem enrolling now and applying for scholarship in autumn 2013.
Where are you coming from, which country? If you are applying from outside the EEA you should probably hurry as the deadline for non-EEA applicants is the 1st of April. I would certainly suggest you contact Ms Emilia Brodencova at the Institute of Philosophy, she deals with these issues for international applicants and can probably guide you through this process, I know that she very much helped me through the process.
Reply 22
thank you very much for the update. I've already applied so there is no problem about the deadline. Again thanx
Reply 23
Is there anyone who say something about the decision dates of KULeuven. This year the deadline extended to 1st of April for non-EEA applicants. I guess I send out notifications for non-EEA students earlier than the others, but I don't know when to expect a notification about my application. It would be great, if anyone can give some info on that. Thanks.
How long did it take them to process your application and receive the official acceptance letter?

I am a non-EEA applicant to a masters program and I received my "welcome to leuven" / "accept online and you'll receive your official acceptance shortly" email only a day after my application was confirmed complete. It's been about a week now and I'm afraid that the first email was a fluke since there's no way it went from admissions processing to faculty decision that fast. Or is that normal?

I was thinking of giving them a few days more before I check in so I can have a few days more days of believing that I'll get to live in Belgium for a few years...
In a similar strain to the question above....I am a US student, and submitted my MA application today to the program (a week late...) from what I can gather this may not be an issue, and the site says late applications may still be considered...has anyone had any experience with this?

(This has been answered a bit before, but...) really, are the acceptance rates pretty high for international applicants? I have been accepted to some top MA programs here in the USA- but have had a quick change of heart after not receiving any funded offers (MA programs here are VERY expensive.)
Update: Turns out the 24 hour admission timeline wasn't a fluke. About a week later they sent me the scan of the acceptance letter and said the original was on its way to use for my visa application. Estimated arrival: 4-6 weeks. I'm hoping that's grossly exaggerated because it should not take that long to mail a letter.

Anyways, I suppose I should get used to slow timelines because the student visa application for US citizens to go to Belgium looks ridiculous. Multiple trips to New York City to apply/pick up in person, medical exam by an approved doctor (only 5 in the country, really???), and an FBI record check with fingerprinting.

Let the bureaucratic navigation begin.....
Reply 27
Hi folks, this is a question for KU Leuven grad students or alumni, and i'm unable to get an answer from Ms. Brodencova.

I have been accepted into the MA programme Masters in Philosophy I would like to ask a few questions regarding funding should I want to continue to do an MPhil in KU Leuven. As a Singaporean citizen I am closed off to sources of funding that are usually applicable for EU citizens or citizens of developing nations.

I would like to know if there are potential ways to receive funding for MPhil level studies. Is there an internal scholarship potentially offered to students who have done well in the MA degree? Or something else entirely from the Flanders government? As a rough estimate what % of students in the MPhil programme are funded directly by KU Leuven or the Flanders government? Can the MPhil programme be funded by a PhD grant?

Thanks for any info or help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending