Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vettel to take F1 title again??

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally i think two on the bounce is a solid effort... you have to credit him for his ability and his drive to do well, but for me i think it is the car that has gotten him as far as he has. i think its time Mclaren made a comeback and took a title... any other opinions?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think many people think if anyone is to push him to the wire it would be Hamilton, but the lad just makes too many mistakes, I would say Alonso, but I don't want to because he's a dick, and Webber didn't have a great season. So if anyone was to challenge him it would be Button.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alonso and Ferrari will.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda hoping McLaren will come out the blocks flying and JB gets title 2.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Romain Grosjean!!!

I think Lotus will be all systems go and do what Brawn GP did in 2009
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lace-rules)
    Romain Grosjean!!!

Not a bad call i dont think... will be annoyed if kimi comes back and wins.. was never a fan
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Germo)
    Not a bad call i dont think... will be annoyed if kimi comes back and wins.. was never a fan
    Yeah Grosjean has potential. With a good car, I see him winning 1 race, maybe podiums 2/3 times, but defo finishing within top 8 in every race.

I preferred Kimi at McLaren in the 2005 V10 era. His car was just amazing!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Romain Grosjean!!!

Yeah Grosjean has potential. With a good car, I see him winning 1 race, maybe podiums 2/3 times, but defo finishing within top 8 in every race.

I preferred Kimi at McLaren in the 2005 V10 era. His car was just amazing!
    Can you tell me what the numbers are forthe lottery tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Don't you think you're being unrealistic? Grosjean's previous go in F1 was terrible. And Kimi, he's been out for awhile. What are the chances he will mix-up at the top again?

And overall, what are the chances that the Renault is the out-right top package?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Alonso always mounts the most consistent title challenges, especially after 2011 Hamilton isn't anywhere near his standard. His first aim should be to actually finish races and not race like it's Nascar, once he gets over that hurdle he then needs to find a way to beat Button's consistency, only after that we'll talk about his chances of a title....provided he has mummy and a girlfriend with him at the races.

JB can do really well on pure consistency. Pretty average one lap pace but extremely consistent and strong race pace particularly in the last stints.

If Vettel has a car as good as last year's then he will walk it, his qualifying and opening lap pace is unparalleled. I also quite like how he dares to leave his Q3 lap to the very last minute with just the one lap to qualify.

I personally would like to see either Alonso or Button to win, wouldn't mind Vettel winning it. The dream would be to see Kimi win it, but it is a dream rather than expectation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)

what are the chances that the Renault is the out-right top package?
    to say outright in my eyes is a bit extreme, I think the same story will occur as last season, i think they will start very quickly and shock the audience as they finish on the podium but i really cannot see them maintaining the pace of the Red Bulls, after 2 years of being the car that everyone is envious of they would have to majorly ruin their new car to drop from the race completely... i think renault will have a hard task but if they keep useful updates rolling then they can maintain the consistent points coming and they will be in the top 5 teams for sure, i feel it seems a bit extreme to shoot to the top from a frankly average performance last year... unless they do a brawn... so its possible but very unlikely.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think we need to keep an eye on Mr. Di Resta for a future champion, not necessarily next season, but I see him progressing well and getting up there with the best. He put in a fair few solid performances last season.

Button is a consistent driver and rarely makes massive errors so I think he will be dangerous in an improved car. I personally don't see improvements from Hamilton, it's as if he's too immature which is a shame. I don't like Alonso so hope he doesn't do well :P

I think it'll be a shame if Vettel repeats his performance next season. All credit to him, it was fantastic seeing him do so well and it's clear he's a very talented driver; but when he's leading out in front from start to finish, it doesn't make for an all too interesting race....but maybe that's just me being selfish.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Hamilton supporter, but I'd have to say Vettel will probably win it again. However I do think it will be a much tighter finish to the season.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My money is on Button to challenge with Vettel for the championship. 3rd probably Hamilton, I think he will have a good season after the last one
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i am jb supporter he has a very good style i like but just don't seem to be as comfortable in the car as hammy but ham is not consistence enough i would put my money on vet sadly i like vet but he is good in a great car
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)
    Can you tell me what the numbers are forthe lottery tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Don't you think you're being unrealistic? Grosjean's previous go in F1 was terrible. And Kimi, he's been out for awhile. What are the chances he will mix-up at the top again?

And overall, what are the chances that the Renault is the out-right top package?
    lmao its called being optimistic mate. I never said it was going to happen xD

With Kimi, I think its complicated. No one can predict his performance until at least the first half of the season is over.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!)
    I think we need to keep an eye on Mr. Di Resta for a future champion, not necessarily next season, but I see him progressing well and getting up there with the best. He put in a fair few solid performances last season.
    I think youre right there... he had a few stunning races last year and i think if he has a good car and team around him we could see him sneaking on to the podium at least once this season because he deserves it after last seasons efforts.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to see Force India challenging this season - with how far they've come since they took over Minardi I wouldn't back against them mixing it up in the top 8 on a regular basis this season.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I want to see Force India challenging this season - with how far they've come since they took over Minardi I wouldn't back against them mixing it up in the top 8 on a regular basis this season.
    i couldnt agree more
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmmmmmyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Recent news has released that Bruno Senna will be racing for Williams this season. My personal opinion is that he has a lot of potential but hasnt been recognised yet, he needs to have a monster season in the car that killed his uncle if he wants to stay a future prospect in formula one. But that is just my opinion, any other thoughts?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 29, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.