The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C1: ***POST-EXAM DISCUSSION*** - 13th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone know of an unofficial mark scheme on here yet?
I'm genuinely scared of what my grade is gonna be. I didn't even see a question about area of a triangle! :frown:
Reply 21
You would probs drop 3 marks if you did the wrong calculation for area and got wrong answer but for each step you get a mark. Not sure if that helps :/
Thanks, coz instead of multiplying the square roots, which i think i worked out as (root)40 and (root)10 --> i done it diff. way, anyway nothing i can do now,

Thanks )

Original post by trsdrummer
You would probs drop 3 marks if you did the wrong calculation for area and got wrong answer but for each step you get a mark. Not sure if that helps :/
Original post by EmmaJane_
Anyone know of an unofficial mark scheme on here yet?
I'm genuinely scared of what my grade is gonna be. I didn't even see a question about area of a triangle! :frown:

Anyone got one?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Xotol
Last part of 12 was -14 and 6.

:smile: got same answer ,but thought it was wrong :biggrin:
Reply 25
Can someone just put the answers up, it will save all the posts about individual questions
Reply 26
I'm gna write what I put for some of my answers...all the ones I can remember. Maybe we can start an unofficial mark scheme as quite a few ppl seem to be requesting one.
1) y = -1/5x + 6 1/5
2) (i) 1/3
(ii) 32 x^10 y^-3
Dunno what q number but 5(x+1.5)^2+0.75 ...y value 0.75
The circle had centre (2,0) and crossed y-axes at +-4
10) area = 10 square units. To prove that d was an equal distance from all point I wrote that AC is hypotenuse so its midpoint is equally as far from all points...idk if it's right. Don't remember the coordinates of D
11) N shaped graph crossing y-axis at 12...unsure of x-axis coordinates. (iii) x = 0 x = 4.5 x = -3 (it might've been 3 and -4.5...don't remember what I put)
12) k = 14 and -6 (again, could've been 6 and -14)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
oh and for the translations...I think I translated the first one up by three units and the second one left by two
Original post by jjshonde
Can someone just put the answers up, it will save all the posts about individual questions

Can you remember any of the questions I am putting together a mark scheme
Reply 29
For the => qs, I put <=> for the first and <= for the second
Reply 30
Original post by Xotol

Original post by Xotol
Last part of 12 was -14 and 6.

I thought so too. By using b^2 -4ac
Reply 31
Original post by Polioz

Original post by Polioz
uhhh... I ended up with 0=4k^2-32k-256 ..... so k^2-8-64

Resit for me as well... I think i got everything right bar ... a 3 mark section A Question where i didnt simplify properly ... and 12 iii i think... ? what was ur final equation . do you think il get method marks

If you had of carried on with that you were right. The answer was -14 and 6
i did b^2 - 4ac = 0

but ended up with a equation which was like k^2-8k+84

then did quadratic formula...
Reply 33
Original post by viktorija3105

Original post by viktorija3105
Can anyone remember how they got 10 for the area of a triangle? Coz I had like the base was 8 and height was 5 so i ended up with area =20

Yeah, it was 2root10*root10/2 which became 10
dont even remember a question asking for the area of the triangle lol.
Reply 35
Original post by TimetoSucceed
dont even remember a question asking for the area of the triangle lol.

Hahaha it was part of the question asking you to prove that AB and BC were perpendicular :wink:
Reply 36

i did b^2 - 4ac = 0

but ended up with a equation which was like k^2-8k+84

then did quadratic formula...

Yeah that was right. If you had of carried on, you would have got -14 and 6
Original post by henryc
Yeah that was right. If you had of carried on, you would have got -14 and 6

will i get any marks?
Original post by nadster
Hahaha it was part of the question asking you to prove that AB and BC were perpendicular :wink:

oh snapp was that the right angle?

what i did was do pythagoras and as pythagoras only works on right angle edges i managed to prove it that way, seriously i remember it now lol
Reply 39
oh snapp was that the right angle?

what i did was do pythagoras and as pythagoras only works on right angle edges i managed to prove it that way, seriously i remember it now lol

You will still get all the marks for that...what you did was right :smile: I just found the gradient of AB and BC (3 and -1/3) and showed that they multipled to make -1 :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending