Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One direction are awesome.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are ridiculously ****. They make mainstream pop with cheesy lyrics. Need I say more?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The best thing involving One Direction came from Alex of All Time Low today:

AlexAllTimeLow
    Apparently there's a boy band called Wand Erection in town tonight. Bold move taking on ATL like that, even if you ARE wizards.

AlexAllTimeLow
    You mean to tell me it's One Direction and they're NOT wizards? Oh, no problem then.
    • 140 followers

ReputationRep:
    I actually think One Direction are alright, to be honest... their songs are really catchy and original, they're all good looking guys, and, in my honest opinion, don't deserve nearly as much disdain as they appear to be getting at the moment.

On a side note, I disagree with anyone who says I look like Harry. :dry:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runningfromlions)
    The best thing involving One Direction came from Alex of All Time Low today:

AlexAllTimeLow
    Apparently there's a boy band called Wand Erection in town tonight. Bold move taking on ATL like that, even if you ARE wizards.

AlexAllTimeLow
    You mean to tell me it's One Direction and they're NOT wizards? Oh, no problem then.
    All Time Low make One Direction look like an amazing band.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If this thread was titled 'When drunk, One direction are awesome' I could honestly agree. I like to forget the amount of times being very drunk in a bar or club, I've danced to a One direction song with too much enthusiasm...

(Original post by PoGo HoPz)
    I actually think One Direction are alright, to be honest... their songs are really catchy and original, they're all good looking guys, and, in my honest opinion, don't deserve nearly as much disdain as they appear to be getting at the moment.

On a side note, I disagree with anyone who says I look like Harry. :dry:
    It's a shame catchy and original songs don't always equal quality.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totbl)
    All Time Low make One Direction look like an amazing band.
    I can understand you not liking ATL's music, but in what would make you say they're a bad band? Although a One Direction thread might not be the best place to discuss this haha.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think that these two songs sound similar?:

http://youtu.be/aM-63y_SPIs

and

http://youtu.be/QJO3ROT-A4E?hd=1
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was out last night and it was so funny.. I was at the bar and the girl next to me looked at me and said 'oh my god! You're Harry from One Direction! It's you! What are you doing here?' and I just laughed and started singing What Makes You Beautiful to her and she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad99797)
    Yer i heard them on top of the pops and they actually cant sing, seriously. Also they can not write and just look like a bunch of babies. Compare them to real artists like jay z or nirvana or gaga and see just how **** they are...
    Since when has writing been a necessity? Some of the best and most influential artists of the 20th century, like Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday etc didn't write. Singing songs written by somebody else isn't a point against an artist.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I need to get tickets for their next tour!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    Since when has writing been a necessity? Some of the best and most influential artists of the 20th century, like Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday etc didn't write. Singing songs written by somebody else isn't a point against an artist.
    Influential in what way ? Its not a necessity, but it shows more of the artist and then their songs have more meaning and emotion
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think they are awesome. I have their album and their calender. Some may think it is sad, but hey, I don't care!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They have ruined twitter.

And I hate them for that.

You're also a male and like their songs?

:lolwut:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad99797)
    Influential in what way ? Its not a necessity, but it shows more of the artist and then their songs have more meaning and emotion
    I meant that artists like Billie Holiday were influential in the sense that they influenced artists, shaped genres and in their own way altered the course of music history. As words go, 'influential' isn't particularly ambiguous.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    You're also a male and like their songs?

:lolwut:
    I didn't know there was a gender restriction? ... must have missed the memo on that one
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There first song was catchy but that's about it...

That's my opinion anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)
    Anyone else think that these two songs sound similar?:

http://youtu.be/aM-63y_SPIs

and

http://youtu.be/QJO3ROT-A4E?hd=1
    And they both sound like this...

Incredible Intro
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billybo_h)
    And they both sound like this...

Incredible Intro
    very true lol
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zayn :drool:

I think their music is alright but...Zayn :love:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OMG I love them my favourite song of theirs is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLuno_yn4KQ

They're amazing they're good at singing but they've also got amazing personalities too! And i'm 21 and i'm saying this.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 26, 2013
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.