Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One direction are awesome.

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oHellno)
    They meant Neil from Inbetweener's. Naill does not do a dance in the inbetweeners movie, lol.
    lolol okay, was getting pissed for a sec. Directionators piss me off. It's like, why do they exist?!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hennnaa)
    lolol okay, was getting pissed for a sec. Directionators piss me off. It's like, why do they exist?!
    Crazy, obsessive one direction fangirls piss me off too. Why do they exist?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They meant Neil from Inbetweeners. Niall does not do a dance in the inbetweeners movie, lol.
    also I didn't read it properly, all I saw was Neil and I saw red lool
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Crazy, obsessive one direction fangirls piss me off too. Why do they exist?
    oh piss off. we're not crazy obsessed, we're dedicated. If you can't handle it, please piss off this thread, yeah?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're alright. They have catchy songs but lets be honest most tweens that make up their fan base just like them because they are 'good-looking'. Which yaknow is to be expected.

On a related note, I dislike how loads of people love to hate them for no real reason. Sure dislike their music that's fair. But actually despising them as people is just a waste of time/energy I see alot of snarky comments everywhere about how crap/ugly/gay etc they are, it's just childish tbh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone said Wand Erection yet?

If not:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Wand Erection
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of One Direction. They're blatantly riding by on good looks and anthems which target vulnerable teenage girls. I don't think their voices are that good (Liam has a decent voice though), and they're not THAT good-looking. And I don't see what everyone sees in Harry - I think he's the least attractive and the most annoying.

I dislike the obsessive Directioners even more though - the ones who can't accept that other people don't like them, or that there's more people becoming fans of them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
    They're alright. They have catchy songs but lets be honest most tweens that make up their fan base just like them because they are 'good-looking'. Which yaknow is to be expected.

On a related note, I dislike how loads of people love to hate them for no real reason. Sure dislike their music that's fair. But actually despising them as people is just a waste of time/energy I see alot of snarky comments everywhere about how crap/ugly/gay etc they are, it's just childish tbh.
    tweens. really. I'm 17 almost 18, and those boys are almost everything :')
    Yes they're undeniably beautiful, but they obviously have vocal talent, otherwise they wouldn't exactly have gotten to the top three on TXF (and yes they didn't win, but do you see Matt Cardle breaking world records, making history? NO.)
    Thank you for (sort of kind of) sticking up for them/us. Haters have no lives.

And about the gay, they can say that all they want, it doesn't offend us directioners in the slightest. Cause the boys do have their gay moments
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haters, please **** off this thread, it is not for you. Our boys have made us (real fans - directioners) so ****ing proud in the last few months, going from the boys on TXF to where they are now is amazing. You go and win a BRIT and break a world record all in the space of two months, then come back and talk.
    And if you don't know what I'm on about - they the BRIT cause of our dedicated voting. And the world record they broke? First British artist to debut at #1 on the US charts. EVER. So please, sit down or I will sharpen my carrots and throw them at you.
    I hope you know that the have no idea you even exist/ nor care. Once you grow up and realise how sad and pathetic it is that you can become so infatuated by a group of boys you don't even know. Also One Direction will disappear in a few years time when someone new comes along and people no longer wish to write songs for them. Once they're older teenage girls will no longer be interested and they will no longer sell albums.

One Direction = future drug addict losers who will always hunt for the fame they once had.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    Has anyone said Wand Erection yet?

If not:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Wand Erection
    <3
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes they're undeniably beautiful, but they obviously have vocal talent, otherwise they wouldn't exactly have gotten to the top three on TXF (and yes they didn't win, but do you see Matt Cardle breaking world records, making history? NO.)

And about the gay, they can say that all they want, it doesn't offend us directioners in the slightest. Cause the boys do have their gay moments
    I quite like them, NOT their fans. And I'm 18 too, but I also realise that it's pretty lame and the majority of their fans are definitely tweens, you can't even deny it.
    And yes they have decent voices, but you said yourself that the reason they've been doing so well is because of the obsessive fangirls not because they have outstanding voices, because they don't.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    I hope you know that the have no idea you even exist/ nor care. Once you grow up and realise how sad and pathetic it is that you can become so infatuated by a group of boys you don't even know. Also One Direction will disappear in a few years time when someone new comes along and people no longer wish to write songs for them. Once they're older teenage girls will no longer be interested and they will no longer sell albums.

One Direction = future drug addict losers who will always hunt for the fame they once had.
    Actually, Louis tweeted me, so he does know I exist, thank you very much.
    The boys do care for us as fans, you obviously know ****k all, cause they do so much for us. :')
    I do know that one day, I will probably move on and not love them as much anymore, blah blah blah, I've heard it all before, but those boys have inspired me, no matter what anyone says, they're brought together millions of people (girls and guys) who all love them and their music. We're all one big family, no matter how cheesy that sounds. It's true. You'll never be able to experience that feeling, but if you ever do, you'll be amazed.
    They're all my fricking age, so I don't really know what you're talking about when you say older if Harry, who is the youngest out of the five, is 3 months older than me.
    Don't hate on them if you don't know anything about them. Just jealous. Pshh.
    Go out there and make millions, break world records, make history, then come back to chat bull****.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlduffy)
    Not a fan of One Direction. They're blatantly riding by on good looks and anthems which target vulnerable teenage girls. I don't think their voices are that good (Liam has a decent voice though), and they're not THAT good-looking. And I don't see what everyone sees in Harry - I think he's the least attractive and the most annoying.

I dislike the obsessive Directioners even more though - the ones who can't accept that other people don't like them, or that there's more people becoming fans of them.
    This too, good god. My friend is besotted by them and I said something along the lines of 'Harry likes 'em old eh? ' CLEARLY just in jest, and she looked ready to pounce on me. I mean really?!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I quite like them, NOT their fans. And I'm 18 too, but I also realise that it's pretty lame and the majority of their fans are definitely tweens, you can't even deny it.
    And yes they have decent voices, but you said yourself that the reason they've been doing so well is because of the obsessive fangirls not because they have outstanding voices, because they don't.
    okay, okay, you don't like us as directioners. whatever.
    Yeah, a lot of fans are tweens, but that doesn't mean they all are? It's not exactly the boys fault that they have a younger fan base?
    Without the voices, do you really think they'd have fans? Think about it. They have to be able to sing to get on TXF. To get to third, you have to be pretty damn good at singing. And to get signed you need to have all that and a fanbase. Simon wouldn't have signed them if he though they couldn't sing. Bitch, please.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    The boys do care for us as fans, you obviously know ****k all, cause they do so much for us. :')
    Can I just say, they quite obviously care for fans at signings and events where people are going to attack if they show that they don't care. But I have met one of them, completely random, no event or anything, and he wasn't very pleasant.

EDIT: I didn't say they can't sing, I just said they don't have outstanding voices. Read, please.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This too, good god. My friend is besotted by them and I said something along the lines of 'Harry likes 'em old eh? ' CLEARLY just in jest, and she looked ready to pounce on me. I mean really?!
    I make jokes like that all the time, and I'm a directioner? WTF.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say, they quite obviously care for fans at signings and events where people are going to attack if they show that they don't care. But I have met one of them, completely random, no event or anything, and he wasn't very pleasant.
    Like I said, don't speak unless you know what you're talking about. The boys were mobbed at a station in France. Liam lost his shoe, and it was a pretty upsetting experience for them, but they still went along with the stuff they had to do there and laughed it off. They weren't even fans who mobbed them.
    Their arena tour next year started off with 17 dates across the country, and now there's 45 dates. (I think that's too much, tbh) but they did it for us as fans, because some people didn't get tickets the first time round, they added more dates so we could go see them.
    And about meeting one of them, not sure I'm taking that one, can I ask, who, when and where? Shouldn't be a problem in telling me that?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

I still stand by that point, I'm aware some of their fans are older/younger. They are attractive but no offence I just think at times this is exaggerated, I s'pose its the same for any famous person though. Won't lie Zayn is bloody hot. On the whole vocal talent thing...everyone has different tastes but I do think they know how to make good music for their target audience

No problem. Just don't understand how people can HATE people they have never met to that extent really.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, don't speak unless you know what you're talking about. The boys were mobbed at a station in France. Liam lost his shoe, and it was a pretty upsetting experience for them, but they still went along with the stuff they had to do there and laughed it off. They weren't even fans who mobbed them.
    Their arena tour next year started off with 17 dates across the country, and now there's 45 dates. (I think that's too much, tbh) but they did it for us as fans, because some people didn't get tickets the first time round, they added more dates so we could go see them.
    And about meeting one of them, not sure I'm taking that one, can I ask, who, when and where? Shouldn't be a problem in telling me that?
    I didn't once say I hate 1D, I like some of their songs, some of their faces but I also understand why some people don't like them.
    And I can assure you they did not just add dates for the fans, whoever sorts that out for them saw an opportunity to make loads more money and they took it.

You don't have to believe it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still stand by that point, I'm aware some of their fans are older/younger. They are attractive but no offence I just think at times this is exaggerated, I s'pose its the same for any famous person though. Won't lie Zayn is bloody hot. On the whole vocal talent thing...everyone has different tastes but I do think they know how to make good music for their target audience

No problem. Just don't understand how people can HATE people they have never met to that extent really.
    Yeah, fair enough, as long as you're not hating - haters are just people out of the 7 billion we don't need on this planet.

Can't agree with you the overboard of attractiveness - I haven't found a flaw in two years :')
    Yeah, I get what you mean with the Zayn being, hot, definitely
    Thank you for appreciating :')

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 26, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.