The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings college nurses and midwives 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by JulesHills29
Hi all. I have a conditional offer for Adult Nursing. Im on target for my grades and would really love to accept the offer.... However, I'd be commuting from outside of London and I have a family. Anyone else in this situation??? Would love to hear ur thoughts.

I would be commuting too, although I don't have a family. It's a tough one, especially as it's unlikely the bursary will cover my train fares... I do have a PT job but not sure if i'd be able to keep it with placements and stuff....
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 121
Original post by Stobes2509
***FACEBOOK FOR NURSES****
Is anybody doing Nursing in Sepember (adult, child, mental health) that is interested in being added to the Facebook group set up for future Kings students to chat and talk about upcoming events, accomodation, finances etc etc..let me know and I can add you to the group. It needs expanding and I'm sure nobody is short of questions to share :smile:
xxxxx

Hey, I'll be postgrad, can I join? x
Reply 122
Original post by Tigzie
Hey! I've got an offer for MHN too! xx

YAY! Looking forward to meeting everyone in September.

On Another note, does anyone know when fresher's week is? does it start the 17th September :biggrin:
hi guys,

I'm new to this. i have got an interview on wednesday for pgdip adult nursing at kings college and i am a little nervous. can anyone whose gone for a selection day at kings please tell me what their experience was like! it would be of great help. thank you :smile:.

P.S is there anyone else going for the selection day on the 23rd of may??
:smile:
Reply 124
Original post by AmyFran
YAY! Looking forward to meeting everyone in September.

On Another note, does anyone know when fresher's week is? does it start the 17th September :biggrin:

I assume so! or it might be the week before - I think the 17th was enrolment week...?
Reply 125
Original post by Tigzie
I assume so! or it might be the week before - I think the 17th was enrolment week...?

Awesome, I was speaking to someone else on here and they said that they thought the actual course started on the 24th so enrolment week would be the week before! Arfgh excitement!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 126
Hiya! I went on the selection day on the 16th and was wondering whether anyone had any offers, or rejections? I'm still waiting!

Also, if you received an offer from another selection day, how long did it take?

Reply 127
Original post by stobes2509
***facebook for nurses****
is anybody doing nursing in sepember (adult, child, mental health) that is interested in being added to the facebook group set up for future kings students to chat and talk about upcoming events, accomodation, finances etc etc..let me know and i can add you to the group. It needs expanding and i'm sure nobody is short of questions to share :smile:
xxxxx

yes please!
Reply 128
Original post by btownsend
Hiya! I went on the selection day on the 16th and was wondering whether anyone had any offers, or rejections? I'm still waiting!

Also, if you received an offer from another selection day, how long did it take?

A good few months!! Felt like forever, my interview was in March and didnt get the offer until May!
******FACEBOOK******

For all those asking about the Facebook page, sorry for the delay but this is the link. If you could request to be added and then I will confirm it :smile: if there are any problems just inbox message me your full name (or how it appears on FB) on here and I will you add you that way
Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/groups/259602427458843/
Hi everyone!
this may sound like a stupid question, but Ive got a selection day on wednesday for PGDip adult nursing and have no idea what to wear, any suggestions? also TERRIFIED about the maths test, i hope its not too hard!
thank you!
Reply 131
Original post by Stobes2509
***FACEBOOK FOR NURSES****
Is anybody doing Nursing in Sepember (adult, child, mental health) that is interested in being added to the Facebook group set up for future Kings students to chat and talk about upcoming events, accomodation, finances etc etc..let me know and I can add you to the group. It needs expanding and I'm sure nobody is short of questions to share :smile:
xxxxx

Hiya, I'm interested in the group as I've really struggled to meet other Child Nurses (in England, let alone in Kings aha) and we're all in the same boat I guess! Thanks :smile:
Reply 132
heyy, i'm also going to Kings for child nursing (if i get the grades :L) and would like to join the group :smile:
Reply 133
Original post by hlittle3
hii guys got an offer for postgrad nursing, anyone postgrad? would love to hear from you :smile: x

Heyy,
I got an offer for Postgrad Nursing too!
Which branch are you? Im Adult :smile: x
Reply 134
Hi all

Congratulations to all that have secured offers.

I wanted to ask a quick question can anyone recommend any good books to read in preparation for the start of the course, primarily biology based.

Thanks
Reply 135
Hello,

I have an unconditional from kings to do child's nursing. I'm not planning on living in halls as I'm living in London and was wondering if anyone knows how freshers works for live out students? Also, has anyone else sent off their pehq form as I have but not had any confirmation that it's been recieved !

Well done to everyone who has offers!
Reply 136
Original post by Sophia_22
Heyy,
I got an offer for Postgrad Nursing too!
Which branch are you? Im Adult :smile: x

hi and I'm pg child!
Reply 137
Original post by miadaldry
Hello,

I have an unconditional from kings to do child's nursing. I'm not planning on living in halls as I'm living in London and was wondering if anyone knows how freshers works for live out students? Also, has anyone else sent off their pehq form as I have but not had any confirmation that it's been recieved !

Well done to everyone who has offers!

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. Already live in London, I've met the conditions of my offer and now thinking about freshers week.

And, of course, well done to everyone that has offers.

See you in September!
hello, add me to the group pleaseee xxx
Reply 139
hey guys random but what A levels are you studying?
what do you think of English, maths, history and geography for midwifery? and gcse science at a c?

Quick Reply

Latest