Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Offer Holders 2012

General chat about next year/offers :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anybody going to the open days in march and staying over? I've already been to the open day so i've seen the uni and the engineering department already but i'll probably go anyway as i'll be able to start meeting people that will be in my college (J.Butler).

That is if I get the grades of course :tongue:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Got an offer for Education with History. :^_^:
I'm so torn apart now ...

In the first place, I did only apply to Durham because I wanted to go to Cam and had to write the PS and so on anyway. I was so sure that I wouldn't confirm any offer from another uni than Cam, because I'm from Germany where the fees are nearly non-existing compared to England.
But Durham is such a great university as well! And I love it... but if I confirm the offer, I won't be able to reapply to Cambridge.
Such a difficult situation :frown:

Do you think it would be difficult to get a job with a degree in Education and History from Durham? Thanks for any advice!!! :yep:
Reply 3
Original post by Futurism
Anybody going to the open days in march and staying over? I've already been to the open day so i've seen the uni and the engineering department already but i'll probably go anyway as i'll be able to start meeting people that will be in my college (J.Butler).

That is if I get the grades of course :tongue:

YES :smile: But I'm at Van Mildert.
Which one are you going to? I'm thinking the second one on the Wednesday, although I'll have to go up on the Tuesday and stay over. Plus, I really want to see the rooms etc. And, meet people.
Me too... So hoping I get that A*.
What are your grade requirements?

Original post by Welsh Lady

In the first place, I did only apply to Durham because I wanted to go to Cam and had to write the PS and so on anyway. I was so sure that I wouldn't confirm any offer from another uni than Cam, because I'm from Germany where the fees are nearly non-existing compared to England.
But Durham is such a great university as well! And I love it... but if I confirm the offer, I won't be able to reapply to Cambridge.

Do you think it would be difficult to get a job with a degree in Education and History from Durham? Thanks for any advice!!! :yep:

Depends how much you love Cambridge I guess... I got rejected from Oxford but Durham is so amazing that I didn't think there was any point taking a year out and risk getting rejected from both Oxford and Durham next year.
As for jobs, I think it's going to be difficult to get a job wherever you go. But going to Durham certainly won't make it any harder; it's recognised as a top uni. I don't know about Germany, but from what I've heard from employers in England, they would give the same amount of consideration for both Oxbridge and Durham/good uni candidates if they have a 2:1 or above.
Reply 4
Original post by Locket
YES :smile: But I'm at Van Mildert.
Which one are you going to? I'm thinking the second one on the Wednesday, although I'll have to go up on the Tuesday and stay over. Plus, I really want to see the rooms etc. And, meet people.
Me too... So hoping I get that A*.
What are your grade requirements?

I'm going to go for the Wednesday and i'll also be going up on the tuesday and staying over,

I applied for 2 courses at Durham. A 4 year MEng degree in Mechanical Engineering and a 3 year BEng degree in General Engineering and i have offers for both. The requirements are AAA for the MEng and AAB for the BEng and i am firming and insuring both as Durham is the place that i really want to go to. :colondollar:

Are taking any exams in January? And if so good luck in those :smile:
Reply 5
I'm going to go for the Wednesday and i'll also be going up on the tuesday and staying over,

I applied for 2 courses at Durham. A 4 year MEng degree in Mechanical Engineering and a 3 year BEng degree in General Engineering and i have offers for both. The requirements are AAA for the MEng and AAB for the BEng and i am firming and insuring both as Durham is the place that i really want to go to. :colondollar:

That's so cool. I don't blame you. I love Durham... it's amazing :smile:
Well maybe I'll see you round... it is a very small town.

Yeah. Our school has this ridiculous system where you don't do modules and take ASs in January and A2s in June of the same year. Hence, I have all my exams now... which is why I'm on here procrastinating rather than revising :smile:
Thank you :smile:
How about you?
Reply 6
Original post by Locket
That's so cool. I don't blame you. I love Durham... it's amazing :smile:
Well maybe I'll see you round... it is a very small town.

Yeah. Our school has this ridiculous system where you don't do modules and take ASs in January and A2s in June of the same year. Hence, I have all my exams now... which is why I'm on here procrastinating rather than revising :smile:
Thank you :smile:
How about you?

I have a Physics and DT resit and i'm also doing one of the Modules of my AS Further Maths that I am doing this year which i'm just doing for the knowledge instead of the grades as it isn't needed in my offers. :smile:

Haha, I really should be doing revision right now as my first exam is on Tuesday, but, you know... :tongue:
Original post by Welsh Lady

I know a couple of people doing the education degree so know quite a bit about it, feel free to PM me if you have any questions :smile:
Reply 8
Unconditional for Physics MPhys at St Mary's (well got it last year for this year entry)
Reply 9
yay! I now have collingwood confirmed as my college to do politics. Any other potential collingwooders?

I'm doing exactly the same thing with the two offers :smile: congrats on getting them btw!
Just got a confirmation latter from Van Mildert for engineering, any other people going to Van Mildert about on here? :smile:
Reply 12

How many places are on the course for mechanical engineering?? It doesn't say on the Uni website.
Original post by VictorDeLost
How many places are on the course for mechanical engineering?? It doesn't say on the Uni website.

With engineering given the common first year (at least) they probably don't take into account which branch of engineering you've applied for as it's easy to swap once you're there.
Reply 14
Original post by Andrew Below
I'm doing exactly the same thing with the two offers :smile: congrats on getting them btw!

Thanks! You too buddy :smile:

Original post by VictorDeLost

I think it's about 180 but i'm not sure
Hi,

I kave accepted an unconditional for BSc Archaeology at St John's.

Roll on Sept/Oct 2012 :smile:
I got an offer for History. Don't know which college yet, though. (Applied to Castle.)
Reply 17
Anyone staying over at St Mary's for the open day thing in March? I've got a conditional for Biomedical Science and I've put it as my firm choice, wahey
I cannot attend the open days. I have requested an alternative visit in June when my kids are not at school and I will be there all week viewing houses.
Reply 19
Original post by Andrew Below
Just got a confirmation latter from Van Mildert for engineering, any other people going to Van Mildert about on here? :smile:

ME! For law :smile:

You going for the Tuesday or Wednesday open day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending