The Student Room Group

We know why guys want to be taller. But why do girls want to be taller?

Scroll to see replies

Longer legs=more attractive.
Also because pretty much all of my friends are guys, so it would be nice not to be "the short one".
Original post by totbl
I'm 5'11" and I love it. Tall girls are sexy while short girls are just cute. :smile:

really?
so you wouldnt class any of the following as sexy?
dita von teese 5ft3
kim khardashian 5ft1
mila kunis 5ft3
scarlett johansen 5ft3
hayden pannetierre 5ft1
shakira 4ft11
selma hayek 5ft2
carmen electra 5ft3
Christina aguilera 5ft2
megan fox 5ft4

Spoiler

i am 5ft 0
i like it that way :smile:
Reply 102
It would be nice to be leggy, elegant, lithe, and all the other things that tall girls get to be much more easily. Plus, you don't have to be as thin to LOOK thin, and you can probably eat more without putting on weight. Not to mention being able to see better at gigs/the cinema and all that kind of stuff.

For the record, I prefer shorter men. Not shorter than me (although I'm 5'3" so a shorter man is rare), but my ideal man height is about the same height as me when I'm wearing heels, or slightly taller. Really tall men's faces are just too far away. It's not practical.
Reply 103
Original post by QwentyJ
I bet you're like average height in Lithuania?! :p:

Well, not really. :smile: I'm still taller than average but nobody notices, because guys are tall (what do you expect from basketball country? :biggrin:) which kind of balances it.
Reply 104
Original post by pegase

Original post by pegase
Well, not really. :smile: I'm still taller than average but nobody notices, because guys are tall (what do you expect from basketball country? :biggrin:) which kind of balances it.

I asked another Lithuanian TSR member who was a girl and very tall what you lot eat over there which makes you so tall; she replied 'Magic Beans'!
Reply 105
I'm around 5'9'' and its almost impossible to find jeans that come with length 36 (inseam) :s-smilie: I really love my long legs but its so annoying sometimes when you need trousers.
Reply 106
Original post by Einheri
Tall doesn't mean lanky - I'm 6'1" and have a 44" chest and very broad shoulders, I'm not saying that I'm particularly tall but I'm not a beanpole. Also humans are apex predators so hiding isn't all that important. Greater height confers many evolutionary advantages.

Why are we apex predators? Because of our minds. Not our height. Our brains. We're not living in those times where we have to fight or flight. We wouldn't stand a chance in a physical standoff with a tiger they're physically stronger and yet we make it to the top of the food chain?? Rising above the more ferocious predators because of our brain capacity. A capacity which has produced weapons, weapons which don't require height or any particular stature. A small man can hold a gun as a tall man can.
as long as you're taller than the girl, they generally don't care...I think it looks crazy when you see guys that are like 6'2 dating girls that are like 5'1. there is no reason for a girl that short to be dating a guy that tall...it looks weird...like a father out with his 7 year old daughter...I can understand dating a guy a little taller, but to go to that extreme, says more about the girls self esteem issues than anything else...I pretty much don't even look at a taller girl, cause I know, unless you're a tall guy, they won't even notice you...doesn't matter how muscular you are...
Original post by Jelkin
It would be nice to be leggy, elegant, lithe, and all the other things that tall girls get to be much more easily. Plus, you don't have to be as thin to LOOK thin, and you can probably eat more without putting on weight. Not to mention being able to see better at gigs/the cinema and all that kind of stuff.

For the record, I prefer shorter men. Not shorter than me (although I'm 5'3" so a shorter man is rare), but my ideal man height is about the same height as me when I'm wearing heels, or slightly taller. Really tall men's faces are just too far away. It's not practical.

why base a guys height on how tall you are while wearing heels? do you wear heels 24/7? chicks only wear heels on special occasions...do you think it's fair to base a guys height on something you use to artificially boost your height?
Original post by JayReg
Being taller makes them look thinner? More elegant?

that's acc true:smile:
Im a 5ft10 girl and i love being taller than a lot of guys hahaha quite a few reasons:
- it makes me feel empowered when I wear heels ahaha
- I look slim pretty much no matter what I eat
- quite a lot of clothes look really good
To be honest I've met more girls who wish they were shorter because its cuter. Heck, I want to be shorter for that exact reason. I'm around 5'2 so I'm a little under average for a girl my age, but if i could knock off a few inches I would.
Because most models are in the 5’7-10 range
Usually makes you look skinnier, more elegant and clothes look flattering on them. I am like a tall average 5'7
wow blast from the past getting a notification in a thread I posted in 6 years ago. Well I havent shrunk any since then :tongue:
I'm nearly 5'11 and I'd do anything to be much shorter. There's no way I can ever look cute as I am. And I love to wear heels but feel super tall at say 6'3 or whatever. It's almost impossible to find a guy who's taller than me in heels!
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm overweight in y11 and just under 5 foot, i really want to grow a little more, i'm literally one of the shortest people in the year and i wear wedges to school:smile: I'm hoping to grow a bit and wonder if that will help with my weight loss as I feel like i'm getting muscles instead of losing the weight that i want to😣😒
Depends, girls who are athletic and do sports like basketball could want to be taller for a competitive advantage.
I know it's been 7 years, but I had to laugh at this.Guys who struggle with women obsess about being tall. Because it's a nice excuse. And they can just define themselves as being
Reply 119
I'm 5'8 and could have oroproba slept with 150 women at University, if I wanted to. And I'm yalktal the hottest girls on campus, usually. And plenty of girls taller than me.

Men use height for an excuse for they're problems .It means nothing is their fault, because they are just "unlucky".

But seriously, I wouldn't even put height in the top 3 of a women's priorities.

If you are 5'7, have an attractive face, a nice body, and you're funny, you'll literally get 100 matches a day on Tinder.

Whereas, if you're 6'3, and are average looking, yoully probably get 2-3 matches a day.

Trust me, even if you're really good looking, and 6'3, you're not going to beat an even better looking guy who is 5'8.

Original post by Ceej1998
I know it's been 7 years, but I had to laugh at this.Guys who struggle with women obsess about being tall. Because it's a nice excuse. And they can just define themselves as being

Quick Reply

Latest