The Student Room Group

C1 Edexcel C1 13 January 2012 - how did you find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
silly me...
Reply 41
i'm hoping a minimum A is about 55 which is the lowest it has been and that was for june 2009
Reply 42
Original post by When you see it...
If you isolate this sentence, in any other context it sounds contadictory but I know what you mean.

Indeed.
I think we often forget that the forum is not representative of the national cohort.
Many candidates would have found some questions tough.
Q1-4 were bog standard others less so and anytime an arithmetic sequence/series comes up with more than just numbers some run a mile.
Reply 43
im hoping an A is like 55 then i might just mihgt have a chance of getting an A
Reply 44
Original post by Natty.B
i'm hoping a minimum A is about 55 which is the lowest it has been and that was for june 2009

I hope it is it was very hard i got 100% in the previous papers but this one especially the salary question and the last one destroyed me. Hope it is very low.
Original post by LalaMaghribiya
:s-smilie: i got 4000

Did you require part b) of that question to do part c)
Because i cant remember what i put for part b)
But i know i got part c) right ...
If that makes sense ....
Reply 46
im such a ****tard.. for the sequences one I got part B) one and I read part C) and I thought it said £29850 in total which is very stupid now I come to think of it so I got like a negative number then with like 5 mins to go I changed it all and got part B and part C wrong.. I am so pissed off. Normally I'm pretty good with exam technique, but my technique went out the window for this exam. Apart from the sequences I think I got more or less everything else right I hope.. but we'll see.
Can you cancel an exAM paper?
Reply 48
I got T being -400 fcuk my life
Reply 49
How many raw marks do you need to get an A in this paper ??
Reply 50
Original post by MsElla223
How many raw marks do you need to get an A in this paper ??

My guess would probably be 55-58?
Original post by Natty.B

Original post by Jack74
im hoping an A is like 55 then i might just mihgt have a chance of getting an A

Original post by blue012
I hope it is it was very hard i got 100% in the previous papers but this one especially the salary question and the last one destroyed me. Hope it is very low.

Original post by mucgoo
My guess would probably be 55-58?

I don't mean to upset anyone, but (for this module at least) the January grade boundaries are always higher than the June ones (the lowest it has been in Jan is like 59 for an A in Jan 09 iirc). Just check the Edexcel website.
I doubt they will be much lower than the usual 61/62 for an A (a lot of people in my sixth form found it alright/easy anyway, so they may even be higher).
Having said that I too am hoping for lower grade boundaries, I just don't think we are going to get them as it was a pretty standard paper...
Original post by cheesecake11
Can you cancel an exAM paper?

That question means nothing
Reply 53
im wondering if they lower the grade boundries, if someone got like 67 anyway will their percentage go up or will it remain the same because im guessing the overallpercentage over all the exams is what really matters
Reply 54
It was soo hard i dont think it was like any other past paper after question 7 especially the sequence salary scheme question and the graph at the back. The sequence one i feel was poorly worded it said that "in the 10 year period the total for both schemes is the same" THerefore i did not work out sn for scheme 2. I thought it was the same. So i got t=0 i would have got it if they never wrote this.
Am I the only one who found this impossible? Im not the greatest of students I must say but i walked in being the most prepared for an exam i have been on my life. Having done like 15 past papers all to come 75-85%, i have encountered all sorts of little twists from 2002-2011.

I went mad at the salarys question, did it all the different ways i could think off always to end up with t=0. Did this happen to any of you?

And the area of triangle series one i knew everything right i just see the question see what ive been given and work it out but here there were no coordinates nothing just an equation. I went mad coming up with new of my own methods which i hadnt been taught in my life.

Dunno listening to you here im starting to think im thick but i just dont understand this trying to make people not to pass. I mean whats the point, you've been taught something, i dont expect the answers to come up like on the book but why do you always try to catch people with so many complications? i have been taught that in the subject have I?

Doing so many past papers i could see how from about 2008 they started putting these traps and every year after they got worse and worse. Why man why?

Well sorry for the big chunk i just had to get it out of me :biggrin: hehe
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56
It was fine up untill all the graph questions I think which weren't bad if spread out with easier parts but it was nothing like previous exams (apart from solomon papers which I did barely any of).
The exam was just harder than usual especially the graph questions damn!

but the sequences one (if I got it right) was really nice, loved it, although I did get 4000 for T but then realised in c that I'd divided wrong....phew!
Original post by fredrik
It was fine up untill all the graph questions I think which weren't bad if spread out with easier parts but it was nothing like previous exams (apart from solomon papers which I did barely any of).
The exam was just harder than usual especially the graph questions damn!

but the sequences one (if I got it right) was really nice, loved it, although I did get 4000 for T but then realised in c that I'd divided wrong....phew!

Same here, I reckon 90% of my dropped marks were on the graph questions.
Reply 58
Made a silly mistake when proving the two lines do not intersect. I forgot to state the b2-4ac thing after doing everything.
Also lost 1-2 mark(s) on the graph question.
Others were definitely fine.
It's probably more difficult than the previous years'.
So I guess the marks to attain an A would be around 56-59.
Hope everyone did well in yours.
Reply 59
Damn! should have went over solomon papers, they are harder than the old past papers and similar to this jan paper.
http://www.sci2.co.uk/papers/c1solomon.htm

Quick Reply