The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ahhhh, 9. b) was such a ****er
Reply 41
Original post by EatRainbows
Wow I messed up this paper. I counted about 56/90 O_O. Why oh why did my college make us take c2 straight after c1. I couldnt think properly =_=. Yay for resits.

It's out of 75.
Reply 42
9b) Was the only question that really had me baffed. I had no idea what to do, but I think I'll get 2 method marks, meaning I think I got 72/73.

The log question I did slightly differently, but I'm presuming it's an okay method to get the marks:

y=3x^2
3=y/x^2
logv3y - logv3x^2 = 1
logv3y = 1 + logv3x^2
logv3y = 1 + 2logv3x

Where x^2 means x squared, and logv3 means log of base 3.
Reply 43
I dropped 10-15 marks on that damn paper Could anyone predict my ums score/grade?
when the grade boundries coming out becuase this paper looking at the thread had question 3 and 9b messed up so that 5 marks down on a paper taking off a couple 2 or 4 marks of other questions as there can easily be errors is calculations especially with decimals then the grade boundries in my opinion is most probably 80 ums in 62/63 90 ums 68/69 100 ums 71/72
Reply 45
Original post by @Sean43
I dropped 10-15 marks on that damn paper Could anyone predict my ums score/grade?

U did c1 too. You would most likely miss out on a A grade. Possibiliy if u got 10 wrong then maybe u would scrape an a. I would say B [77/78]
Reply 46
Original post by kurdishboy94
when the grade boundries coming out becuase this paper looking at the thread had question 3 and 9b messed up so that 5 marks down on a paper taking off a couple 2 or 4 marks of other questions as there can easily be errors is calculations especially with decimals then the grade boundries in my opinion is most probably 80 ums in 62/63 90 ums 68/69 100 ums 71/72

No 100 UMS will likely be 75. Possibly 74 if i am lucky.
If you're still in year 12 I wouldn't worry too much about failing this paper, most people seem to take it in the summer I remember last year we had barely started C2 round this time. Having said that I don't know any schools that do take it this early.

I thought it was fairly standard compared to the one I did last summer but that might just be I've improved. 9ii) was the only real challenge and tbh I was quite looking forward to figuring it out when I saw it, but I ran out of time!!! aaa so pissed cause that's what I did last year as well I got to x=b/a but then the bell went! Might have a crack at it now.
Reply 48
1-8 all correct but the first logs one lmao I'm so stupid.

9ii was wrong.
Original post by Mr Einstein
If you're still in year 12 I wouldn't worry too much about failing this paper, most people seem to take it in the summer I remember last year we had barely started C2 round this time. Having said that I don't know any schools that do take it this early.

I thought it was fairly standard compared to the one I did last summer but that might just be I've improved. 9ii) was the only real challenge and tbh I was quite looking forward to figuring it out when I saw it, but I ran out of time!!! aaa so pissed cause that's what I did last year as well I got to x=b/a but then the bell went! Might have a crack at it now.

Yeah I'm in year 12 and everyone said it was horrible when we came out of the exam yesterday. I really don't want to resit though especially as I've got my Mechanics exam next week which I'll probably fail meaning that I'll have 4 maths exam to do in the summer, haha. But to be honest, I think I did OK actually, as long as I didn't make any stupid mistakes in the calculations so fingers crossed no resits! :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by chocoholic_x
Yeah I'm in year 12 and everyone said it was horrible when we came out of the exam yesterday. I really don't want to resit though especially as I've got my Mechanics exam next week which I'll probably fail meaning that I'll have 4 maths exam to do in the summer, haha. But to be honest, I think I did OK actually, as long as I didn't make any stupid mistakes in the calculations so fingers crossed no resits! :biggrin:

Haha, I'm in this exact same position... sort of regret further maths now!
The C2 grade boundaries are always high :frown:
Reply 51
Overall i think the paper was ok excluding a couple of tricky questions. I managed to get the right answer for 9ii) without showing any mathematical working. I visualised the shifts and plotted them on the graph provided. Does anyone know whether it is likely that full marks will be awarded for just the correct answer?
Reply 52
Original post by Mr.cool
No 100 UMS will likely be 75. Possibly 74 if i am lucky.

100 UMS is never full marks.
Reply 53
Original post by Arsey
I will create two types of thread a pre-exam and post exam thread.

Pre-exam threads understandably need to be locked, but it seem to take ages for them to be unlocked.

Here are my model answers, written on the paper. I thought it was a reasonable paper in comparison to previous ones.

How did you find it?

what do u think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Mouth
Haha, I'm in this exact same position... sort of regret further maths now!
The C2 grade boundaries are always high :frown:

Ah right you're taking further maths? Further maths wasn't available at our school. :frown:

And yeah I know! All the exams in my other subjects you need about 90% to get 100 ums but in C2 its pretty much 100% to get 100 ums, there's not any room for slight slip-ups like my really stupid mistake of not converting metres into cm, haha. :redface:
Reply 55
I reckon grade boundaries will something like:

72/73 - FULL UMS
68/69 - A*
61/62 - A
54/54 - B
48/49 - C
Reply 56
Original post by Arsey

Pre-exam threads understandably need to be locked, but it seem to take ages for them to be unlocked.

Here are my model answers, written on the paper. I thought it was a reasonable paper in comparison to previous ones.

How did you find it?

How did you get ahold of the paper?
Original post by Machoo
100 UMS is never full marks.

100 UMS is actually quite often full marks in C2. :frown: But I would have kinda hoped this one would have lower grade boundaries, fingers crossed. :rolleyes:
Waiitttt why isn't 9ii) a=2 b=pi/10 because normally sin(2x) would cross at (0,0) but it crosses at pi/10....

and it crosses at 3pi/5 and it would normally cross at pi/2 so 3pi/5 - pi/2=pi/10 ?
Reply 59
Original post by Arsey

How did you find it?

what do you think the boundaries will be 58 for A? cause jan 2011 was easier and it was 65?

Latest

Trending

Trending