The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
because you do....

I wouldn't worry about it, it is on the C3 spec but has never been asked.

I didn't do C2 this year, i'm doing C3. I am sure you multiply by 1/a then shift to the right by x normally? Maybe I am confused

f(3x-2) would transform x co-ordinate of 6 to (1/3)(6) +2 = 4
Original post by Arsey
because you do....

I wouldn't worry about it, it is on the C3 spec but has never been asked.

Arsey, if one wrote the equation of a circle down wrong, (writing for instance x-1 instead of x+1) but the equation still did 'work' (when you substitute in the values 0,0) how many marks do you lose?
Reply 142
Original post by otrivine
hi arsey so if i got 56/75 for c1 and low B forC2 how much do i need to get in S1 for an A?overall

you need 240 / 300 UMS from the 3 modules. 56/75 is prob high B, so you will be looking at 90 UMS ish on S1 for an A.
Original post by Arsey
you need 240 / 300 UMS from the 3 modules. 56/75 is prob high B, so you will be looking at 90 UMS ish on S1 for an A.

will the c1 be that high cause it was hard! and arsey do you think S1 will be hard like june 2011?
Reply 144
no idea
If question 9 part ii) required C3 knowledge to answer it surely the grade boundaries should be lower this year because its asking questions that aren't in the syllabus. :frown:
Original post by chocoholic_x
If question 9 part ii) required C3 knowledge to answer it surely the grade boundaries should be lower this year because its asking questions that aren't in the syllabus. :frown:

how much lower ? 59 for A?
Heyyyy for question 4a)

I didn't reaad the question properly so what I did was I solved the log equation to find that y=3x^2 I know that's not what the question was asking but do you think I would I get any marks for solving to find y=3x^2 ? Or no?

Please repllllyyyyy :colondollar:

Aghhh someone answer!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 148
Original post by Arsey
no

Any chance you could tell me why? I'm a little confused?
Original post by otrivine
how much lower ? 59 for A?

Hmm I don't know about the A grade boundary but I would have thought that they should make the 100 UMS boundary 73/75 as most people lost at least 2 marks for 9ii. I doubt that they would do that though, I can only hope. :tongue:
Original post by chocoholic_x
Hmm I don't know about the A grade boundary but I would have thought that they should make the 100 UMS boundary 73/75 as most people lost at least 2 marks for 9ii. I doubt that they would do that though, I can only hope. :tongue:

i found it hard actually different
Reply 151
Original post by Arsey
no

Seen my mistake, Damn. forgot to square and cube the denominator...
Reply 152
this paper was really easy :smile: full UMS hopefully
Reply 153
i wrote that a = 5 and b = pie over 10

for 9a if you got the first 4 values of x correct but then added another 2 values do i get any marks?
Reply 154
A = 2 b = pie/10...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 155
Original post by MustyQ
this paper was really easy :smile: full UMS hopefully

did you join just to share that with everyone? :lol:
Reply 156
when do results come out? is it march 16th?
Reply 157
yesss :L
Reply 158
I thought this paper was quite horrible, and seeing the solutions has made it even worse. :frown:
Original post by Arsey
no idea

for the last Q, I left my answer as degrees, so I left it as b=36 and a=2, how many marks do you reckon I'd lose ?

Latest

Trending

Trending