The Student Room Group

How to tell if pregnant on Cerazette

Hey,

I was moved to the Cerazette pill a few months ago and don't have any periods on this one. I wondered how I would tell if I was pregnant or not?

I missed a pill on christmas eve and then slept with my boyfriend that night. I didn't realise i'd missed the pill until the next morning. Then I took the pill I missed and the one I was meant to take.

I've been feeling so tired lately and peeing alot which apparantly could be signs. I don't know. I was going to take a test tomorrow morning to put my mind at rest. Would a test pick up a pregnancy this early? It does say 3 weeks which it has been today.

Thanks,

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sparkle86
Hey,

I was moved to the Cerazette pill a few months ago and don't have any periods on this one. I wondered how I would tell if I was pregnant or not?

I missed a pill on christmas eve and then slept with my boyfriend that night. I didn't realise i'd missed the pill until the next morning. Then I took the pill I missed and the one I was meant to take.

I've been feeling so tired lately and peeing alot which apparantly could be signs. I don't know. I was going to take a test tomorrow morning to put my mind at rest. Would a test pick up a pregnancy this early? It does say 3 weeks which it has been today.

Thanks,

My girlfriend's on Cerazette and she's found that the only way to tell is to take a pregnancy test every now and then. I don't know the specifics about when a test will pick it up, but ask the pharmacist. I'm pretty sure that you can get ones which work after only a week or so.

For the future, it's worth getting the morning after pill if you've missed a pill. You can sometimes get it for free at your pharmacy, GP surgery or sexual health clinic, it varies.

Also, always keep a spare condom or two on you if possible, so that if you remember that you forgot to take your pill at the last minute, you'll still be ok.
Well obviously you can't really tell if you're not having periods. Best thing to do would be to buy a pack of cheap tests from the supermarket...use one now and then again in a week or so just to be sure. But, for future ref, I believe that cerazette has a 12 hour window, so if you took your missed plll 12 hours or less after your usual time then you should be fine.
Reply 3
hey.

thanks for replying. yea i realised over 12 hours. I'm gonna go get some tests tonight.
Reply 4
Just so people know.... If you're on the pill, the period you get isn't really a period, it's a withdrawal bleed, and it was brought on because women felt highly discomforted by not getting a period at all, so they changed it so that with certain pills, you get the withdrawal bleed, and it feels more like a regular cycle.
Original post by Jessticles
Just so people know.... If you're on the pill, the period you get isn't really a period, it's a withdrawal bleed, and it was brought on because women felt highly discomforted by not getting a period at all, so they changed it so that with certain pills, you get the withdrawal bleed, and it feels more like a regular cycle.

Yes I think we all knew that :rolleyes: and despite your aim of pointing out the technicalities, it is still a "bleed" of the blood coloured variety to indicate that you're not pregnant. If you were pregnant, there would be no withdrawal bleed OR period. Same difference. So I don't really see how your post added any value to this :confused:
Original post by sophisticated
Yes I think we all knew that :rolleyes: and despite your aim of pointing out the technicalities, it is still a "bleed" of the blood coloured variety to indicate that you're not pregnant. If you were pregnant, there would be no withdrawal bleed OR period. Same difference. So I don't really see how your post added any value to this :confused:

This is somewhat inaccurate as it is entirely possible to bleed right the way through a prefectly healthy pregnancy. There are different types of bleed: mentsrual blood is one type and does mean that you are not pregnant, but there is what is known as implantation bleed - a spotting which occurs when the egg implants into the womb, and this happens to some women but not all, and some women have experienced bleeds that were so similar to their usual monthly cycle and so regular that they were not aware that they were pregnant until the pregancy was very advanced. Bleeding can also happen sporadically through the pregnancy and mean nothing at all. It can also mean that the pregnancy is miscarrying or that there is something awry. It is false security to think that a bleed automatically means that you are not pregnant.
Reply 7
I have been on cerazette for about 6 years and during that time only ever get a slight brown bleed if I forget to take a few pills at once. However, I last had sex 16 weeks ago and I have noticed that my boobs feel bigger. I haven't missed a pill for years now. I have had a bit of brown spotting amd today an actual red bleed. I did go out last night though too. Not really sure why the sudden red bleed. I also have stomach pain which I never get on cerazette. I did have a colpscopy about 6 weeks ago and had some slight spotting after that and as cerazette thickens the lining of the womb and cervix maybe it has disturbed it? Also I have had a lot of my cervix removed 9 years ago in a previous coposcopy so is cerazette appropriate for me? I have been reading horror stories about it not being suitable for women over 10 stone or women over 35 .
I missed cerazzete pill on Saturday didn't take till Sunday morn 24 hrs later I had sex on sat nite & sun morning cud in pregnant how long should wait2 test
I haven't missed a pill or anything like that but I have read a few forums saying that you can get pregnant on Cerazette/Cerelle. I recently had sex with my boyfriend unprotected because I thought it was reliable but now I'm worried. Should I take a test and when?
Reply 10
Can I just point out that you shouldn't ever take 2 pills together, if you've missed one and realise within a few hours then take it and then take the next as normal but you should never take the missed one and your next one at the same time or even close to one another. Taking two doesn't make up for the missed one and it is dangerous. Also the advice about getting the morning after pill doesn't apply if you're on the combined or mini pill, you can't just fill your body with that many hormones. If you've missed a pill then use condoms for the correct amount of days (depends on your pill but it's usually between 5 and 7). If you've missed the pill and forgotten condoms then either don't have sex until you can get some or if it's too late then wait the right amount of weeks and buy a pregnancy test or go to your gp. Don't overdose your body with hormones. Taking contraceptive pills is considered an everyday and casual thing but they can be really harmful to you so always use them with caution just like you would any other medication x
Also you can get pregnant using any form of contraception: condoms, the combined pill, the mini pill, the implant, the morning after pill, the coil, the diaphragm, the ring, the injection. Any of it you are not 100% covered even with perfect use. So you have to be prepared that you may get pregnant even with contraception. However, the chance is very small so if you've used your contraception properly then don't worry about it unless you are showing signs of being pregnant.
Also the pill doesn't thicken the lining of the uterus, it thins it, but it does thicken the cervical mucus.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by B111
Can I just point out that you shouldn't ever take 2 pills together, if you've missed one and realise within a few hours then take it and then take the next as normal but you should never take the missed one and your next one at the same time or even close to one another. Taking two doesn't make up for the missed one and it is dangerous. Also the advice about getting the morning after pill doesn't apply if you're on the combined or mini pill, you can't just fill your body with that many hormones. If you've missed a pill then use condoms for the correct amount of days (depends on your pill but it's usually between 5 and 7). If you've missed the pill and forgotten condoms then either don't have sex until you can get some or if it's too late then wait the right amount of weeks and buy a pregnancy test or go to your gp. Don't overdose your body with hormones. Taking contraceptive pills is considered an everyday and casual thing but they can be really harmful to you so always use them with caution just like you would any other medication x
Also you can get pregnant using any form of contraception: condoms, the combined pill, the mini pill, the implant, the morning after pill, the coil, the diaphragm, the ring, the injection. Any of it you are not 100% covered even with perfect use. So you have to be prepared that you may get pregnant even with contraception. However, the chance is very small so if you've used your contraception properly then don't worry about it unless you are showing signs of being pregnant.
Also the pill doesn't thicken the lining of the uterus, it thins it, but it does thicken the cervical mucus.

Im sorry but the instructions, GP's, and pharmacists all say to take the pill as soon as you remember, even if that means taking it the same time/day as the other pill, and that taking two pills at the same time isn't dangerous.

And to say contraceptives 'can be really harmful to you so always use them with caution' - i don't know what kind of danger someone could be put in through using contraception apart from missing/taking 2 pills... Unless they are idiots and start tugging on their coil..

The only problem with taking them with other medication is that the contraceptive might not be effective. The dose of hormones is small, so small that one missed pill can make you fertile again! A lot of what you said is true, but just thought id point out there is enough scare-mongering surrounding contraceptives
Reply 12
You can take 2 pills together .. I take 2 as I have a higher bmi and apparently if I take one its not as effective as taking 2 .. This was doctors advice I take 2 a day x
Hi I didn't know any of this so that post your rerfuring to has been very helpful just has yours. I have been on this pill for 6 months and had 3 months where I haven't bleed but I started bleeding last night and freaked out that's why I'm on here because I didn't know it was normal to have a period now and again whilst on it.
Reply 14
I've been on cerazette for 5 years and I don't take it the same time everyday and now I have a bit of a belly all I do is eat all day and I never did until about a week ago and I've had interest in today a gondola day and I always have head aches and feel so sick and now I have a belly ache I don't know if I'm pregnant can anyone help me I have sex the last time 3 days ago help me !!
It's hard to tell when you are pregnant on any kind of pill, especially the mini pill as most of the time, that kind of pill can stop your periods altogether or make your bleeding very irregular. When I fell pregnant on the combined pill, it was more obvious I was pregnant since I didn't bleed during the pill free week.

Having a slight scare on Cerazette myself atm. I missed a pill in Oct 2016 and I fear I ovulated a few days after I missed the pill. I had a light bleed a week after that and a negative test a fortnight after that and a period like bleed a week after the test and another heavy bleed in December and yet I still have the pregnancy worry :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
With the mini pill u don't take a break I take every day so it's not a withdrawal it the uterine lining coming away x
I've been on desogestrel for a week. I was due my period two days ago and it's normally bang on time. Can desogestrel stop my period only being on it for a week?
You say that a person shouldn't take 2 pills at once but my doctor actually instructed me to take double every day and I have been for about 2 years now. So what dangers should I be concerned about?
Hi after some advice please no judging. Been going through a really hard time recently mainly due to one of my friends taking there life. Anyway what with that and taking other medication to help with my depression and anxiety I hadn't realised I hadn't put my contraceptive pill in the box with other tablets. So missed 5 days then had unprotected sex. (Again please don't judge with my partner 3 years and have been on cerazette for 9 years with no problems no periods so whether people want to judge me i made decision not to use any other contraception as this works for me) Anyway since having sex I have started bleeding fairly heavy 2/3 pads a day? Currently on day 3 of bleeding. Should I be worried about possible pregnancy or is it just to do with missed pill? I haven't had a period for 9 years since I started this pill. Any advise would be greatfully received before I make the embarising trip to the doctors. Thanks you
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest