The Student Room Group

AQA Economics Jan 31st 2012 Unit 4 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anybody got any model answers?
Original post by sophiemassey
I hadn't considered structuring in this way - this is very helpful!
Usually I start by defining, outlining the argument, make one point - evaluate, make a second point - evaluate and a third (if I get time) and an evaluative conclusion that considers length/size/efficiency and stuff like that after drawing a judgement. It sounds like it would work, but in a time-constraining exam it gets a bit messy :/ I think I might give your way a go tomorrow, it sounds a lot more managable. Thank you :smile:

Your original way is a better structure :biggrin:
Original post by Jorgeyy
Your original way is a better structure :biggrin:

It's good if there was no time limit and I could properly do it, but I tend to rush it when I do it this way and it gets out of hand and all over the place and I get carried away with what I'm saying and don't stick to the actual question..
If I was better, it would be wonderful :tongue:
Original post by sophiemassey
I hadn't considered structuring in this way - this is very helpful!
Usually I start by defining, outlining the argument, make one point - evaluate, make a second point - evaluate and a third (if I get time) and an evaluative conclusion that considers length/size/efficiency and stuff like that after drawing a judgement. It sounds like it would work, but in a time-constraining exam it gets a bit messy :/ I think I might give your way a go tomorrow, it sounds a lot more managable. Thank you :smile:

I swear this is exactly the same as what I said :L

yay :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Moiraclaire
Seeing as they write papers 18 months in advance - I doubt it tbh.
Not impossible - but it wasn't exactly headline news then

are you sure 18months before ?? where did you hear that from
Original post by tonyadam
are you sure 18months before ?? where did you hear that from

I don't know actually :L I think I've always thought that ? I'm sure my economic teahcer must of mentioned it :/
Reply 46
ok fairenough but i think its more likely to be around september, october when they write our exams
Reply 47
ok fairenough but i think its more likely to be around september, october when they write our exams

The exam we're doing now was written around the time of the one in June, thats how they work
I had Jim Lawrence do a talk at school and he was the head examiner for aqa economics
Reply 48
WEESTEPS
wider context
efficiency
effectiveness
scope
time
equality
prioritise
scale
Anyone have a link to June 11?
Reply 50
i feel as though i have forgotten everything! Any good exam tips?
Reply 51
Original post by Alpha5
i feel as though i have forgotten everything! Any good exam tips?

Answer the question! :tongue: This may seem obvious, but you would be surprised how many people fail to this properly.
Original post by scottb3scott
WEESTEPS
wider context
efficiency
effectiveness
scope
time
equality
prioritise
scale

haha I was taught this :3
whats an export subsidy anyone?
Reply 54

written 18 months ago. that would be around july 2010.
Reply 55
Original post by imsosuperman

Subsidy > Lowers price of export > becomes more competitive > Foreign countries import more from the UK > AD increases
Reply 56
Original post by imsosuperman

Governments subsidise goods, so a greater volume gets produced. This saturates the domestic Market, but the excess is sold to foreigners who are attracted to the cheap price because it's subsidies. The WTO don't like this game (protectionist policy in action), it's doesn't necessarily work in reality either. Economies do it to to raise export demand, improve the balance of payments. It's usually done in the agricultural sector...I think!
got a feeling about balance of payments... WPIDEC, SPICED, ICES AND ICIS ftw!
Reply 58
Original post by Wrathmeister

what the **** is WPIDEC SPICED ICES AND ICIS
Original post by Wrathmeister

Original post by katwall1
what the **** is WPIDEC SPICED ICES AND ICIS

ahh please explain lol !!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending