The Student Room Group

AQA Economics Jan 31st 2012 Unit 4 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I found it ok apart from I got 0 marks on the 5 marker lol. I am aiming for an A even though I'm predicted at A*. I did the indian Q which went relatively well but i am really uncertain whether I access top marks for 25 marker, section B went really well I did the rising trade of goods deficit Q. I think at best I got 66 at worst 60 but then again I'm very optimistic
Reply 81
Oh yeh and what do you think grade boundaries will be?
Reply 82
Original post by tonyadam
I found it ok apart from I got 0 marks on the 5 marker lol. I am aiming for an A even though I'm predicted at A*. I did the indian Q which went relatively well but i am really uncertain whether I access top marks for 25 marker, section B went really well I did the rising trade of goods deficit Q. I think at best I got 66 at worst 60 but then again I'm very optimistic

Same, I didn't get a chance to read my essay at the end. Just going on gut feeling I think in have anywhere between 75 and 60. I don't remember doing a lot of evaluation for the first question and the last one. But I usually do it without thinking about it to much, just hope grade boundaries stay low. But when you look at level 5 criteria it just says shows a good understanding of subject, some evaluation, good summary and that's it really.

I think they will be 74/73 - 100 ums. A* - 66 A - 57. Jan grade boundaries are usually lower than June and the paper was fairly normal, although section B didn't exactly have a variety of questions. So I think people would have found it hard!
Reply 83
I found it a harder paper than usual - especially section B (I did the 3rd one). The India question was nice though.
Reply 84
Can anyone update me on if I would lose marks for only writing 1.2 and not putting $bn? and if so how many?
Reply 85
Original post by 0zzy94
Can anyone update me on if I would lose marks for only writing 1.2 and not putting $bn? and if so how many?

you wouldn't lose anything
did anyone do Essay 01? kinda of fluffed the three ways of value of exports increasing, mention reducing AD, devauling the currency through exchange rate etc anyone else struggle with it?
Reply 87
Original post by vinchenzo25
Sounds like the first part about India was popular ! I did that and the last essay. It was a pretty fair paper I think. How did everyone else do ?

I did this combination too and so did most of the people in my exam
Reply 88
Original post by maverickdave
did anyone do Essay 01? kinda of fluffed the three ways of value of exports increasing, mention reducing AD, devauling the currency through exchange rate etc anyone else struggle with it?

I talked about the exchange rate falling, quality of the economies goods improving and increase demand in trading partners countries.
Reply 89
I did the 2nd DRQ got 210bn for GDP size. Didn't think I nailed the 25 marker, couldn't make any higher level evaluation
Found part B better, did q3; the first bit was hard a first but it soon clicked. Talked about disposable income falling/rising for individuals & a negative multiplier on consumption & decreased investment
Thought the 25 mark was easy ish.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by roy2
Didn't anyone do the supply side question ?

i did that question, what did you put for part B?
i put about employment being reduced but with the onset of inflation, and that welfare is more important than consumption in the private sector?
Reply 91
On the 3rd essay question i did Expectations Augmented Phillips Curve, to show wage inflation in relation to the unemployment rate, and managed to drop in that Milton Friedman was the person who suggest that wage inflation rate is fixed in the long-term. Which I was more than happy to mention because that guy is a HERO.
Managed to fill the whole first workbook and add on extra paper thing full, whether there is anything in there worth a mark is another story........
Reply 92
Original post by no1_titch
I did the 2nd DRQ got 210bn for GDP size. Didn't think I nailed the 25 marker, couldn't make any higher level evaluation
Found part B better, did q3; the first bit was hard a first but it soon clicked. Talked about disposable income falling/rising for individuals & a negative multiplier on consumption & decreased investment
Thought the 25 mark was easy ish.

I did the same question as you! :smile: I got 210 as well! What did you argue for the 25 marker?
Reply 93

It was okay ish...I spoke about devaluing of the currency to attract exports, the elasticity of the goods, subsidises to infant and sunrise firm to enable them to be internationally competitive...what did you write for the 25 mark?
Reply 94
2 people asked for extra paper with 40 minutes left in the exam! I was like wtf.... I just about finished the booklet towards the end. Apparantly they did 6 extra pages or so...
Reply 95

I did falling inflation, weaker pound and finally the use of export subsidies
Reply 96
Some guy in my exam did 17pages....
Did anybody do the Section B question on sustainable growth, if so, what did you write about?

Half way through writing the essay I realised that I'd made a huge mistake in not doing the one on exchange rates and unemployment :frown:
Original post by mike22ramsey
Did anybody do the Section B question on sustainable growth, if so, what did you write about?

Half way through writing the essay I realised that I'd made a huge mistake in not doing the one on exchange rates and unemployment :frown:

tell me about it haha i just put about employment and inflation? what did you write? :s
Original post by 0zzy94

YES you would. (Sorry). Read on paper before if you don't include percentage you can lose 3 marks out of 5 but this is different etc. I think you would lose just 1 or 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending