The Student Room Group

F584 - OCR 23rd January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by farrukhkhan01
the question said quarter 1 to quarter 3

i mean what did u write for the 4 marker after that?
i said social trends and incomes
Reply 122
increase income or decreased alot of people in my class did decreased demand factors which i found strange :/
(edited 12 years ago)
i said social trends towards trains, and incomes down which makes car use more expensive so consumer opt for trains
Reply 124

i said social trends towards trains, and incomes down which makes car use more expensive so consumer opt for trains

yaaar come on bro
dont say that
Reply 125
Original post by CMPUNK

Original post by CMPUNK
increase income or decreased alot of people in my class did decreased demand factors which i found strange :/

no the Q said changes so i think u could say either
wat did u right for 8 marker
Original post by wwelol
yaaar come on bro
dont say that

haha i could be wrong lol
Reply 127
Original post by wwelol
no the Q said changes so i think u could say either
wat did u right for 8 marker

talked alot of **** cant really remember what i wrote, cause i did bout 2pages lol.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THE GRADE BOUNDRIES WILL BE

my guess 23- E
29 -D
36- C
41- B
47- A
47+ A*
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 128
Original post by CMPUNK
talked alot of Sh*t cant really remember what i wrote, cause i did bout 2pages lol.

my guess 23- E
29 -D
36- C
41- B
47- A
47+ A*

Yh I agree with you. Quite high :/ I wish it was 41 for an A like in 2010
Reply 129
no doubt it was a harder paper than the mock we did ie jan 2011 and june 2010 i got like an A and B in those mocks but i think i got like a D in this
:frown: sigh
Grade depends on how generous markers are for Question 3.a. Since its hardly fair that people who did the first question get 9 marks for just the graph...
Reply 131
Original post by FDR
Didn't like the data response, thought the 8 marker was a bit weird, really liked the 15 and 20 markers (I did question two). Hopefully I will have done alright - Microeconomics isn't my strength (got a B in F581, but got 100 ums in F582)

I thought it was alright, but not the best. I quite liked the 8 mark question, but i wasnt too sure about the 5 marker.
i liked the 15 marker of question 2 but overall Q3 looked better for me so i did that one :smile:
Ah fair enough, im the otherway round i did better in F581 :smile:
What did people write about the example of a positive externality from new rail network.

I wrote- it will create jobs within society dunno if its right but oh well it was only two marks
Original post by Tom_L
I thought it was alright, but not the best. I quite liked the 8 mark question, but i wasnt too sure about the 5 marker.
i liked the 15 marker of question 2 but overall Q3 looked better for me so i did that one :smile:
Ah fair enough, im the otherway round i did better in F581 :smile:

AS level was so easy because it was just theory and the mark schemes was so good that it was the only revision tool needed alongside the book. I got 87ums in first exam and 93ums in last exam so I am hoping that the trend can continue, but thats highly unlikely. There is a lot of uncertainty with these exams, personally I'll be pleased with a grade A because transport is quite tough.
Reply 134
Original post by owen1994
AS level was so easy because it was just theory and the mark schemes was so good that it was the only revision tool needed alongside the book. I got 87ums in first exam and 93ums in last exam so I am hoping that the trend can continue, but thats highly unlikely. There is a lot of uncertainty with these exams, personally I'll be pleased with a grade A because transport is quite tough.

Owen, what did you write the second (4mark) question on paper please tell me :confused: im going insane weather i lost 4 marks or not :O
Reply 135
Original post by CMPUNK

Original post by CMPUNK
talked alot of Sh*t cant really remember what i wrote, cause i did bout 2pages lol.

my guess 23- E

29 -D
36- C
41- B
47- A
47+ A*

to high lad
Reply 136
Original post by CMPUNK

Original post by CMPUNK
Owen, what did you write the second (4mark) question on paper please tell me :confused: im going insane weather i lost 4 marks or not :O

i wrote price increases for rail means less afordable
price of sub - decreased so they turn to cheaper option
wbu
Reply 137
Original post by darkshadow1111

Original post by darkshadow1111
What did people write about the example of a positive externality from new rail network.

I wrote- it will create jobs within society dunno if its right but oh well it was only two marks

ohhh sick guy same here
i also wrote it will reduce congeston
just to be sure
the data response was hard
Original post by wwelol
ohhh sick guy same here
i also wrote it will reduce congeston
just to be sure
the data response was hard

oh thank god that was the only part of the whole paper i thought i messed up.
Hopefully i get an A:biggrin:
Reply 139
Original post by wwelol
i wrote price increases for rail means less afordable
price of sub - decreased so they turn to cheaper option
wbu

DAMN, i think i did the opposite, do you remember the question by any chance? i swear it was something like state and explain two reasons why demand for rail travel would increase :confused::eek::confused::eek: damn 4 marks :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending