The Student Room Group

F584 - OCR 23rd January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by CMPUNK

Original post by CMPUNK
DAMN, i think i did the opposite, do you remember the question by any chance? i swear it was something like state and explain two reasons why demand for rail travel would increase :confused::eek::confused::eek: damn 4 marks :frown:

it was something like
2reasons why there is changes in demand for rail so i think we should get credit it was a bloody vague question
wat did u put for contestabilty in the evaluation
Reply 141
Original post by CMPUNK
DAMN, i think i did the opposite, do you remember the question by any chance? i swear it was something like state and explain two reasons why demand for rail travel would increase :confused::eek::confused::eek: damn 4 marks :frown:

wait i think i got it correct, i wrote that if users are charged more ie congestion chargers they would switch to rail and i said that if prices for rail travel falls people would demand more rail would rise
Original post by CMPUNK
Owen, what did you write the second (4mark) question on paper please tell me :confused: im going insane weather i lost 4 marks or not :O

Cant remember tbh, just used 'PASIFIC'

Price, Advertising, Substitutes, Income, Fashions, Income Tax, Complements

I think I may have done tastes and fashions, I also might of done GDP/Employment and its affect on commuter demand, cant really remember.
Reply 143
Original post by CMPUNK
talked alot of Sh*t cant really remember what i wrote, cause i did bout 2pages lol.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THE GRADE BOUNDRIES WILL BE

my guess 23- E
29 -D
36- C
41- B
47- A
47+ A*

I think it will be around 45 for an A, and around 53 for an A*
Reply 144
Original post by owen1994

Original post by owen1994
Cant remember tbh, just used 'PASIFIC'

Price, Advertising, Substitutes, Income, Fashions, Income Tax, Complements

I think I may have done tastes and fashions, I also might of done GDP/Employment and its affect on commuter demand, cant really remember.

hey would i be correct in saying if prices of bus increases so does deamnd for rail travel, also was the question about increase or decrease in rail travel
Original post by CMPUNK
hey would i be correct in saying if prices of bus increases so does deamnd for rail travel, also was the question about increase or decrease in rail travel

Well I guess you will find out come results day
Reply 146
I wrote there wus a fall/decrease from 4.2 to 2.1 is that wrong for question 1 an what did you lot write for the 5 marker
Reply 147
Original post by User7861

I wrote there wus a fall/decrease from 4.2 to 2.1 is that wrong for question 1 an what did you lot write for the 5 marker

i wrote id depends on the area
and some barriers still exist such as high price franchisees
yeh the first 2 questions bloody confusing took the mick
that colin bamford is a puff

very vague Q's for me
what section b did u do
Reply 148
I did the oligoply one! Wbu what did you get in As btw did you resit??

May i ask how many pages you wrote for part B?

I did the same questions. What did you write for the economic efficieny question?

That was kinda easy because you could have talked about monopolistic competition how increased competition in that market does not always lead to economic efficieny.

Also I think perfect competition. One or the other. But yh.
Reply 151
Yh u wrote that I also mentioned productive efficiency! An I wrote about 2.5 pages for oligopoly an like 3.5 for the 20 marker what did you lot write for question 1 :smile: an the 8 marker
Reply 152

nah bro did u
Why would you mention productive and allocative efficiency for a question that didn't want economic efficiency, but economic benefits? For example, I put that the decreased congestion on the roads and rapidity of the train service has allowed for a reduction in wasted time (in hours) stuck in traffic or waiting on transport, as an economic benefit. What did you guys put for the 8-marker?
Reply 154
No I'm talking about the 10 marker I did but congestion an that for economic benefits I also mentioned that privistaion allows for firms to specialse in areas such as customer service therefore it will benefit an stuff like that
Reply 155
20*
I think I done the 20 mark wrong than. Because i talked about all the types of efficiencies etc. Whether competition does or does not lead to economic efficiency. Anyway I think I am wrong but it doesn't matter will see on results day.
Argghh, don't understand this. Managed 90 UMS on global; even though I thought I did better on transport. Only managed 68 bloody UMS on this paper, I wanna cry or something :facepalm2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 158
got a B :smile:
Anyone resitting this? Thoughts on possible questions? My teacher seems to think the airline industry will come up :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending