The Student Room Group

PSYB2 exam changes 2012 ?

I am revising for my resit of PSYB2 and looked at the specification and it said :

Explanations of phobias including behavioural and psychodynamic.
Explanations of OCD including biological and cognitive.

Does that mean we don't need to know the other explanations each ?

thanks for your help
Original post by NatashaB5051
I am revising for my resit of PSYB2 and looked at the specification and it said :

Explanations of phobias including behavioural and psychodynamic.
Explanations of OCD including biological and cognitive.

Does that mean we don't need to know the other explanations each ?

thanks for your help

It means that the exam board can only ask you about these explanations directly. For example:

"Describe and discuss the psychodynamic explanation of phobias. Refer to empirical evidence in your answer. (10 marks)"

They cannot ask you explicitly about any other approach if it isn't listed. However, knowing others can help you criticise an approach in a long answer question.
Reply 2
Original post by Over The Rainbow X
It means that the exam board can only ask you about these explanations directly. For example:

"Describe and discuss the psychodynamic explanation of phobias. Refer to empirical evidence in your answer. (10 marks)"

They cannot ask you explicitly about any other approach if it isn't listed. However, knowing others can help you criticise an approach in a long answer question.

Thank you I was revising them all as its a resit and thats what we needed last year but i will focus more on those ones now . Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending