:wink:
Original post by hola_sarah
Spanish is so great!!!
Except I'm not looking forward to the oral at all :frown:

Me neither Sarah ;(
Reply 3
Oooh there's been 3 voters on the poll.... Exciting times!!! <3
Reply 4
Hola a todos, soy estudiando el 'Higher' de Espanol, que es el mismo de 'AS-level', y pienso que estudiare el espanol por 'Advanced Higher' tambien y espero estudiar el espanol y el frances a la universidad

que no estudio el 'A-level' pero puedo paticipar aqui tambien?

Tengo una examen de prueba muy proxima, pienso que en menos de dos semanas...

Que tal a todos?

(P.D. siento por mis errores y que hay falta de puntuacion y acentos de Espanol)
Reply 5
Original post by Kerrias
Hola a todos, soy estudiando el 'Higher' de Espanol, que es el mismo de 'AS-level', y pienso que estudiare el espanol por 'Advanced Higher' tambien y espero estudiar el espanol y el frances a la universidad

que no estudio el 'A-level' pero puedo paticipar aqui tambien?

Tengo una examen de prueba muy proxima, pienso que en menos de dos semanas...

Que tal a todos?

(P.D. siento por mis errores y que hay falta de puntuacion y acentos de Espanol)

Hola!! Good luck in your exam! Sí, creo que puedes participar aqui tambien :smile:
We have a mock exam next week :frown:
Reply 6
Hola!! Good luck in your exam! Sí, creo que puedes participar aqui tambien :smile:
We have a mock exam next week :frown:

Mine start a week on Monday, for a week. The Spanish one I think is the Thursday. Really not looking forward to them. What is involved in your exams, as in what do you do for them. I really don't know what the differences in terms of course and exam it is between Scotland and England & Wales. For our exams we do a listening paper with an opinion essay on its topic. We then do a reading paper and another essay about a trip to Spain. We also have a speaking exam. What happens in your guys exams?
Reply 7
Original post by Kerrias
Mine start a week on Monday, for a week. The Spanish one I think is the Thursday. Really not looking forward to them. What is involved in your exams, as in what do you do for them. I really don't know what the differences in terms of course and exam it is between Scotland and England & Wales. For our exams we do a listening paper with an opinion essay on its topic. We then do a reading paper and another essay about a trip to Spain. We also have a speaking exam. What happens in your guys exams?

For Spanish we get a two hour exam which consists of listening, reading and writing an essay (they give you a couple of titles to choose from on the paper). There's also a 20 minute oral :mad: which I am reaaaaallly not looking forward to! That's just for aqa though... Idk the other exam boards
Oh gosh our mocks aren't like that- the teachers have just scheduled them over the whole month :/ good luck in yours!!! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Kerrias

¡Hola! We have a 2 hour paper consisting of a listening part, reading part and essay writing. Then we have a separate oral which is 20 minutes long, consisting of 5 mins pre-prepared conversation, 5min conversation about a topic card and 10mins of general conversation...really worried about the oral!! :frown:
Reply 9
For Spanish we get a two hour exam which consists of listening, reading and writing an essay (they give you a couple of titles to choose from on the paper). There's also a 20 minute oral :mad: which I am reaaaaallly not looking forward to! That's just for aqa though... Idk the other exam boards
Oh gosh our mocks aren't like that- the teachers have just scheduled them over the whole month :/ good luck in yours!!! :smile:

Thanks, we don't get a choice on our essay titles, but we can usually prepare for the essay on our trip to Spain and the opinion essays aren't too difficult. And 20 minutes? Ouch! We have a 2 minute presentation followed by a 6 minute conversation. I was dreading it but now I see we've got it easy. And yeah, the mock exams here are usually quite a serious thing, we get study leave for them and official invigilators come into school for them so the fact that they're just over a week away and I've done hardly anything isn't good haha :smile:
Reply 10
Sorry Sarah didn't realise you had already answered the question :P
Original post by Kerrias
Thanks, we don't get a choice on our essay titles, but we can usually prepare for the essay on our trip to Spain and the opinion essays aren't too difficult. And 20 minutes? Ouch! We have a 2 minute presentation followed by a 6 minute conversation. I was dreading it but now I see we've got it easy. And yeah, the mock exams here are usually quite a serious thing, we get study leave for them and official invigilators come into school for them so the fact that they're just over a week away and I've done hardly anything isn't good haha :smile:

Ohhh, well we don't know what the topics are until we are in the exam, which is a bit scary! I don't know whether I'll be able to write anything decent being unprepared :/
Yep :frown: :') it's a 5 minute presentation, a 10 minute general conversation and then the remaining 5 minutes based on a card (which has a cartoon to do with a topic on) which they give you 20 minutes before!
Oh gosh :/ !!! Our mocks for GCSE were like that, but not the as-level ones! They're still giving us homework as well so I have pretty much no time to revise, so don't think I'll do too well!
Original post by paige1995
Sorry Sarah didn't realise you had already answered the question :P

Haha I was worried when I posted it that you'd have replied first, Paige!!! :')
Reply 13
God I am dying inside about Spanish...I'm also on AQA and the orals strike fear into my corazón!! I actually really dislike spanish this year...loved it at GCSE but this year I think our essay marking is so unfair, I don't know if it's the same across all boards, but ours is like you have to get mostly content and if you don't include enough original content, then you lose marks for grammar! :angry:
Reply 14
Spanish is so great!!!
Except I'm not looking forward to the oral at all :frown:

Don't worry, you'll survive the oral exam! I hate the oral and I hate speaking in Spanish in my class. I also hate speaking English in class, lol, but I got a B in the oral. So if I can do it then I think you can too :smile:
:2012:Bonjour no sexy chicas. It's all about as italian
Reply 16
Original post by Larry31
God I am dying inside about Spanish...I'm also on AQA and the orals strike fear into my corazón!! I actually really dislike spanish this year...loved it at GCSE but this year I think our essay marking is so unfair, I don't know if it's the same across all boards, but ours is like you have to get mostly content and if you don't include enough original content, then you lose marks for grammar! :angry:

That sounds totally unfair! I'm on AQA too, but I've never lost marks for grammar just because I haven't added enough content. When my teacher marks my essays she puts a content mark, a grammar mark and another mark (I've forgotten what this this mark is for).
I'm doing the AS. I have my 2.5 hour reading/writing/listening (WJEC) on Monday so this weekend I've been cramming Spanish. :afraid:
It seems like quite a few of you are on AQA, but the oral can't be too different from WJEC. I did the oral last year, and I remember how worried I was for it, but it's honestly nowhere near as bad as you'd think. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. :biggrin:
Reply 18
Hola :smile:
En el momento, estudio el espanol (A2) y tengo el examen de AS a lunes.
No se preocupa para el examen oral, porque mi parece que es mas facil a obtenir buenas notas este que en el examen escrito.

I'm currently doing A2 Spanish and am retaking the AS on Monday to boost my UMS :smile:
Don't worry about the oral, I do French and Spanish, and for both languages I got much higher marks in the oral than the paper (as did most people I know!!)
And I agree about the essay writing being harsh, it's really 'examiner dependent' and you can get one mark with one examiner and a completely different mark with another one, different examiners seem to have different ideas about what a good essay is content wise :/
I prefer the course at A2 to AS though, it's much more interesting:smile:
Reply 19
AS. Haha good times. The content is boring but it sure as hell beats A2, where the main topics get more interesting but you also have to do two cultural topics. (On AQA, anyway.) Avoid 'La Casa de Bernarda Alba' (a play) at all costs!

Latest

Trending

Trending