The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

messed up the translation and discursive, but thankfully the history question was good! (Edexcel)
Reply 341
Original post by rachbeanz
kicking myself over stupid mistake on translation, i know it's not that big a deal but it keeps popping up in my mind gahhh frustrating

Which exam board are you on?
Original post by Sem193
Which exam board are you on?

AQA
Reply 343
Original post by Sem193
What was question 10b? How do you think you've done?

10b was about industries in the region you have studied and 10a was problems that have affected the region and whether they have been positive or negative. I know industries inside out but I read the question wrong and thought it was asking for something else so did the other question. Felt like I was making loads of grammatical errors :s-smilie:

I'm not sure really! It was a weird one! The listening and reading were challenging when those are the ones I usually bank on. Translation was okay but choosing the wrong essay q. has made me question how good my essay was. I need an A for uni but not sure if I got it :/

How about you? How'd you think it went? :smile:
Reply 344
Original post by S_123
10b was about industries in the region you have studied and 10a was problems that have affected the region and whether they have been positive or negative. I know industries inside out but I read the question wrong and thought it was asking for something else so did the other question. Felt like I was making loads of grammatical errors :s-smilie:

I'm not sure really! It was a weird one! The listening and reading were challenging when those are the ones I usually bank on. Translation was okay but choosing the wrong essay q. has made me question how good my essay was. I need an A for uni but not sure if I got it :/

How about you? How'd you think it went? :smile:

I think I've mad lots of grammatical errors too! It kinda of sucks. I thought I wasn't really answering the question well either. I should have picked 11a on the paper :frown: Hopefully we've both done well!

I need an A too. It was a weird paper. I really want to know the answers. We never really get to see the correct answers until the mark scheme comes up on the site which is ages away! I've made silly mistakes as well, especially on the translation exercises! I think it went okay though. It could have been a far worse paper!
Original post by Sem193
I think I've mad lots of grammatical errors too! It kinda of sucks. I thought I wasn't really answering the question well either. I should have picked 11a on the paper :frown: Hopefully we've both done well!

I need an A too. It was a weird paper. I really want to know the answers. We never really get to see the correct answers until the mark scheme comes up on the site which is ages away! I've made silly mistakes as well, especially on the translation exercises! I think it went okay though. It could have been a far worse paper!

theres a thread where there are loads of answers being discussed its torture reading them
Reply 346
theres a thread where there are loads of answers being discussed its torture reading them

Thanks mate! I also spelt Morocco wrong! What's worse was that I spelt it right before :angry:
Reply 347
Original post by Sem193

Which was 11a? Was that the important person from history one? Which question did you end up doing? Yeah I'm so gutted that I chose the other question. I told my teacher and she was like: ':eek: Why?!?!' :/

Yeah we've just got to hope that it went okay now and hopefully we both got As :biggrin: What are you looking to study at uni? :smile:
:hi: Hola!
How did everyone find the AQA paper on Tues?
I thought it was a dream paper! Lots of people didn't like the question about the bird who I spoke to.

Anyone here gonna do Spanish at uni? :smile:
Original post by Catherine.
At A2, it's just a listening paper, reading, prose, and an essay on Como Agua Para Chocolate. Not the most interesting of stuff, but hey ho. I'd have loved to have studied cultural elements.

I didn't study 'Como Agua' as one of my cultural topics, but just have to say, I love that book/film :love:
Reply 350
Original post by Banoffeepie16
I didn't study 'Como Agua' as one of my cultural topics, but just have to say, I love that book/film :love:

I liked the book :smile: We didn't watch the film in class...and I'm quite glad :tongue:
I thought it was a dream paper! Lots of people didn't like the question about the bird who I spoke to.

Yeah me woo hopefully at Cardiff

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 352
At A2, it's just a listening paper, reading, prose, and an essay on Como Agua Para Chocolate. Not the most interesting of stuff, but hey ho. I'd have loved to have studied cultural elements.

At least you've studied some Spanish Literature :smile: The cultural elements are cool, but my class never got to study some Literature :frown: I liked my cultural topics though. Have you finished your exams?

Original post by S_123
Which was 11a? Was that the important person from history one? Which question did you end up doing? Yeah I'm so gutted that I chose the other question. I told my teacher and she was like: ':eek: Why?!?!' :/

Yeah we've just got to hope that it went okay now and hopefully we both got As :biggrin: What are you looking to study at uni? :smile:

Yeah, I think that was 11a. I think it also was asking candidates to talk about how life was in the era that they've studied and there's been a question like that in the past. Also, I got asked a similar question in my oral exam! I'm really regretting do the essay now. Oh well, it may work in our favour. In my January Philosophy exam all the topics that came up on the paper were not my strongest topics and hated doing an essay on them, but I came out with a really good grade.

If I don't get an, I'll cry :frown: Well, I've got a place on a Law course this year but I'm not really that excited so I may take a gap year and apply to study Languages :smile: Alternatively, I might just swap courses at the uni, but if I get better grades than my offer then I'm going to reapply to other unis. How about you?

I thought it was a good paper, but I made lots of mistakes and the writing section didn't go in my favour :frown: What are you aiming for? I may do Spanish at uni.
Original post by Sem193

I thought it was a good paper, but I made lots of mistakes and the writing section didn't go in my favour :frown: What are you aiming for? I may do Spanish at uni.

Well I need an A for uni, AAA to be precise. Ah cool, so are you doing A2 early then?
Yeah me woo hopefully at Cardiff

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Wooo :biggrin:
I liked the book :smile: We didn't watch the film in class...and I'm quite glad :tongue:

Hehe the film is rather erm... 'abstract' :lol:
Reply 356
Original post by Sem193
Yeah, I think that was 11a. I think it also was asking candidates to talk about how life was in the era that they've studied and there's been a question like that in the past. Also, I got asked a similar question in my oral exam! I'm really regretting do the essay now. Oh well, it may work in our favour. In my January Philosophy exam all the topics that came up on the paper were not my strongest topics and hated doing an essay on them, but I came out with a really good grade.

If I don't get an, I'll cry :frown: Well, I've got a place on a Law course this year but I'm not really that excited so I may take a gap year and apply to study Languages :smile: Alternatively, I might just swap courses at the uni, but if I get better grades than my offer then I'm going to reapply to other unis. How about you?

Yeah hopefully doing the less popular essays will be in our favour! Whichever you choose I'm sure will be amazing :biggrin: Yeah it might be easier just to swap courses? I'm not sure though but whichever you do will be great I have no doubt :smile: I'm (hopefully) going to study English Lit if I get this A in Spanish :/

Latest

Trending

Trending