The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anonymous
i find that i'm short for my age and it really bothers me cos all my mates are like 6foot. im 5foot 6, male and so short.:frown: :frown: :frown:

what can i do to make me taller?

wear bigger shoes...........
Anonymous
i find that i'm short for my age and it really bothers me cos all my mates are like 6foot. im 5foot 6, male and so short.:frown: :frown: :frown:

you think thats short im 4'11 and coming 18 in 5 months......now that my dear is short!!!!!! what age are you anyway if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 3
you wanna try being tall - a lad i know is 6'7''!
Reply 4
am 18.

i really really really wanna b taller :mad: HELP
Reply 5
Anonymous

your not that far off average height for a start. 5ft 8 - 5ft 9
Just because your mates are all 6ft just means you hang around with freaks :wink:
Save up some money, and get some leg-stretching surgery. It would involve being wheelchair-bound for months, and turning a screw in each leg every day, but, nevertheless, it could be worth it in the long run, should your height represent a source of such great frustration, to you. You're young enough to enjoy life with your newlyfound height, too. Also, I believe there is the possibility of having growth hormone injected into your back, being as you're at an age at which your growth plates will still be open. You could be looking at a few thousand pounds' worth of expenditure, though. There are numerous 'growth' tablets on 'the market', too, but I'd be sceptical as to whether or not they work (very sceptical, in fact). In terms of little things you can do, there are certain stretches you could perform, as well as sleeping on your back and trying to keep your back straight, wherever possible.
Reply 7
what kind of stretches?:confused:
Don't waste the best years of your life worrying about something so trivial.

*Jaded
Reply 10
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, I'm 18 but about 5 foot 3 so I'm still a few inches shorter than you. I'd like to be taller, but I refuse to have any of the crazy treatments available, mainly because I believe most of them will mess up my health in the long run. All of my friends accept me the way I am (Despite most of them towering over me) and I'mfind with the odd short guy joke being directed at me, seeing as I've been short all my life. Just gotta keep hoping for that late growth spurt :wink:
Reply 11
ive always wanted to be taller ever since i was a wee one.
Reply 12
I'm 5"6, 28 inch waisted, and an 18 year old male, too, I also only weigh 7 stone 8 or 50kg...it's not too bad most of the time, but it does reduce your confidence, especially as a guy, since tallness and a greater stature are naturally more attractive. I feel like I could rarely approach a girl in a romantic sense, because what 18-20 year old girl would want what seems to be a 14-15 year old boy approaching them romantically? Almost all the male people I know are at least 5"11 or over.
Why on earth was this anonymous?
Should I post this anonymously because I'm short?
I'm sure people that you know who use these forums have probably already sussed it out.
Wear Timberlands or other shoes with a slight heel... will give you nearly an extra inch without looking silly.
Personally, I'd rather be too small than too tall.
Reply 16
I'm about to turn 18, I'm only 5 foot 5 and my mates are all 6 feet or above pretty much. I've just learnt to accept it, the only real way to get any taller is to do that leg breaking thing to gain an extra inch or two, which most definitely would not be worth. In fact, I was looking through my own medical records on work experience and found I'd only grown 3cm since I was in Year 9 o_o
Reply 17
I know. Ever tried bouncing one?
Anonymous

just make sure you eat properly - plenty of protein, and get all your vitamins so you can reach your full height potential.
if you are post-puberty then scrap that idea and try to develop a charming personality. cos you ain't getting any bigger.
Reply 19
awww short guys are cute!

In the good way, or the "can't find anything else nice to sat about them" way?

Latest

Trending

Trending