The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2960
I have a few Chelsea supporting mates and quite a few of them hate Benitez, don't know why really. I'm guessing they're still butt hurt over the Champions League :teeth:
Original post by Pn94
Reports of Rafa to Chelsea from a few papers including the Times.

Wouldn't like to see it happen.

Would make me so mad to see that happen. Then again, how embarrassing would that be for chelsea? everything about them would be ex liverpool. Ex Liverpool stuff hasn't worked out for them well either..

Also it's important to note the english press and most opposition fans, including most Liverpool fans (it was only after that video of Rafa crying at the hillsborough memorial before Liverpool fans turned their position on Rafa around) hate Rafa and think he is stubborn, plays ugly football and ruins talent. They think he is the reason we came 7th in 09/10. Couple that with his failures at Inter, as much as we like to think he is. Rafa is just not very highly esteemed anymore, sadly.
Reply 2962
I wouldn't mind but they're a sinking ship anyway I think. I'd like to see him manage in England but they were his biggest rivals! Mourinho may return.
Original post by Kevmeister
Where are you staying? As in, what part of London, east, west?

What is Ca Va? A cheap pub/club?

We're staying in Piccadilly, which is W2.

Ca Va is a Tequilla bar, shots for £1, and other drinks, bit of a dive, but a great dive.
Pop World is a light hearted place where they place pop from 70s 80s 90s 00s where it is always easy to pull women.

Last year we paid £15 in to some RnB club near Mayfair, then £7.62 a pint :angry: and it was the worst night of my life, so I'd like something similar to those mentioned, if at possible.

We can travel pretty much anywhere in Central London.
Original post by lazy smurf
We're staying in Piccadilly, which is W2.

Ca Va is a Tequilla bar, shots for £1, and other drinks, bit of a dive, but a great dive.
Pop World is a light hearted place where they place pop from 70s 80s 90s 00s where it is always easy to pull women.

Last year we paid £15 in to some RnB club near Mayfair, then £7.62 a pint :angry: and it was the worst night of my life, so I'd like something similar to those mentioned, if at possible.

We can travel pretty much anywhere in Central London.

Hmmm, you'll be lucky to get shots that cheap.

Try Covent Garden/the strand, not that far to walk from Picadilly. There's a good mix of bars/clubs, but I can't recommend one that offers that mix of pop, and as for pulling, I haven't got that issue. You could also try Soho, though that'll be a bit more expensive.

JK.

Colonel.

Perhaps these two can help.
Rafa going to Chelsea scares me, he'll get Torres firing on all cylinders again.
Reply 2966
Well lets see how Rafa does at Chelsea. Both Torres and Meireles failed. They are falling to bits now, before they used to beat us, but now its different, we beat them. They could be out of the CL in a few weeks time, but its a good scoreline for them to catch up 3-1.

AVB will possibly be given until the end of the season or something.

Although I am not sure if Rafa wants to be at Chelsea.
Original post by orionmoo
Just wondering.. do each teams anthems/songs get played at the start of any final games? In other words will YNWA be played, alongside Cardiff's equivalent? Just like at international matches where the national anthems of each team are played? Or will we all just have to sing YNWA at the start ourselves anyway? :biggrin:

They've scrapped the national anthem for Sunday :biggrin: So we will all just sing YNWA :wink:
Tbfh, if we go out in London, we always have a few drinks at home before going out. Means you can get tipsy without having spent a fortune and then you just top up during the night.
Original post by Zerforax
Tbfh, if we go out in London, we always have a few drinks at home before going out. Means you can get tipsy without having spent a fortune and then you just top up during the night.

Tbh you should do this anyway on any night out!
Reply 2972
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17137420

Gerrard and Downing in Eng squad. Carroll isn't - hope Gerrard doesn't get injured!

EDIT: Johnson too in squad.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Gob Bluth
Tbh you should do this anyway on any night out!

Well when I was in Sheffield, there was a club which was £1 for a mixer and some nights, was £1 for a double mixer. So no one really cared about drinking much at home since it was so cheap anyway.

Saying that, it was £1.20 for a soft drink :facepalm:

Went out in London last weekend, was £9 for some cocktails/martinis. :eek:
Original post by mr tim
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17137420

Gerrard and Downing in Eng squad. Carroll isn't - hope Gerrard doesn't get injured!

EDIT: Johnson too in squad.

So we've got a random England game between the CC final and the game against Arsenal? :facepalm:

Hopefully Johnson and Downing are on the bench. Can't see Gerrard being rested but hopefully Kenny will exert some influence and he'll only play for 45 mins.
Reply 2975
Shelvey, Kelly and Hendo are in the U21s squad.

Ain't sure what Downing has doing in that squad though, AOC had done more than him tbh
Reply 2976
Well when I was in Sheffield, there was a club which was £1 for a mixer and some nights, was £1 for a double mixer. So no one really cared about drinking much at home since it was so cheap anyway.

I work in London and a night out with my colleagues can destroy my bank balance! I used to hate having to pay over £3 for a pint, now it's considered cheap if it costs between £4-5 :angry:
Reply 2977

That's ridiculous, Newcastle it's £5 for 3 trebles ^^.

Downing shouldnt be near the england squad in all fairness. Hoping that our players don't play for long, don't want any injuries
Will Agger and Bellamy be fit for the final?
Ajax fans outside Old Trafford with Suarez masks and scarves and JFT96 posters :biggrin:

Latest