The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChrisWilliams
Oh, and the tv documentary thing, if it's a success and brings the club in a ****load of money I don't care how cringeworthy it seems.

How does that sit with the 'Liverpool Way' of doing things in-house though? Surely showing the world the team getting a rollicking after a game is the very antithesis of that?
Reply 7541
Original post by Panthalic
How does that sit with the 'Liverpool Way' of doing things in-house though? Surely showing the world the team getting a rollicking after a game is the very antithesis of that?

'The Liverpool Way' doesn't really exist anymore though, does it?
Original post by Pn94
'The Liverpool Way' doesn't really exist anymore though, does it?

I don't know to be honest, I'm sure many would say that it does or should still exist. If the Liverpool Way is being forgotten or eroded, can the club still claim to have rich traditions if those traditions are no longer followed? This isn't meant as a dig at all, I'm just a little surprised that it's Liverpool that have decided to go down this route and wondered what those closer to the club thought of it.

Is it symptomatic of modern football and the need to generate funds in any way possible in order to compete in the cash race that professional football has become, or is it more to do with the methods and style of the new owners?
Is it definitely happening or are they just thinking about it? Hopefully it won't be scripted.

Football is about money nowadays. Werner believes this will help us compete better financially and in the grand scheme of things, that's the most important thing. If we want to be successfull and not fall further behind that is.

I mean we do tunnel cams and ''teammates'' videos. This is just an extension of that. I doubt they'll show Kenny doing a team talk, I don't know. I can't really see that happening. I think we'll just see what we saw in those videos after the CC final. Including interviews and tours and stuff. Maybe some footage showing the players relationships with eachother. I can't see Kenny letting them get too close to him.
Original post by bluenose14
Is it definitely happening or are they just thinking about it? Hopefully it won't be scripted.

Definitely happening. Filming starts before the FA cup final and ends, I think before the transfer window. Airing in fall.
Reply 7546

Is it symptomatic of modern football and the need to generate funds in any way possible in order to compete in the cash race that professional football has become, or is it more to do with the methods and style of the new owners?

Think it's both these things tbh. But modern football necessitates such practice. We've been lacking for the last 20 years in terms of commercial revenue when there's always been the potential for large exploitation of the market; hopefully FSG will fix this and this TV thing is probably one of many future commercial exploits.

As for our traditions, I think they've indeed been eroded within the hierarchy of the club, and have been have been for a long time. You can't compare the way we've been ran over the last decade to how we were in the 70s. If anything, that was the Liverpool way. Traditions will always be upkept in some way or another by the fanbase but the club itself has to do whatever it can to keep up with the other giants of football.
Original post by Mess.
As sad as it is to say Fox are the closest thing to the S*n that America has. It lies, it sensationalises and it cancels good shows constantly. It is horribly right wing and is basically a bible bashing group **** of intelligent design and all that other American nonsense.

In a very simplistic description of course :p:

This, plus HBO shows are pretty legendary.
Original post by lifeshard
Definitely happening. Filming starts before the FA cup final and ends, I think before the transfer window. Airing in fall.

I'd love to see the documentary end at the end of the transfer window, just to see what goes on, on the last day. Obviously they wouldn't be able to show the staff dealing with other clubs, but it would be interesting to see what happens when a new signing is on his way to the club, and what the club have to do for that process.
Original post by kuks
But find me someone on RAWK say he's worth it :awesome:

Speaking of RAWK, are you the same Kuks that usually updates the FUUUUU thread? If it is, excellent work. :biggrin:
Reply 7550
Original post by Mr. Frying Pan
Speaking of RAWK, are you the same Kuks that usually updates the FUUUUU thread? If it is, excellent work. :biggrin:

Original post by Mr. Frying Pan
I'd love to see the documentary end at the end of the transfer window, just to see what goes on, on the last day. Obviously they wouldn't be able to show the staff dealing with other clubs, but it would be interesting to see what happens when a new signing is on his way to the club, and what the club have to do for that process.

I'm sorry I meant to say before the transfer window ENDS. On the official site it says the doc will follow us before and after the FA cup final, through the North American tour and then all the way to the first few matches of the 2012/13 season. 6 episodes.

I know, if it's done well it's going to be really interesting.

It is, and I'm sure there'll be nothing of the sort like that in there. It'd be very ****ing stupid to be showing things like team talks on a documentary. It'll prob be something like showing the players looking down, Dalglish pissed off and then a few private interviews afterwards. Very much doubt there'll be *******ings on the show.
It's not being broadcasted in the UK, is it?
Original post by jam277
Right now=/= next season.

Liverpool isn't one of the 5 better teams that's for sure(I know you're a swansea fan and all), I remember smashing tottenham 5-1 in the semi final of the FA cup and I remember beating the best team in the world two days ago and drawing to arsenal with our reserves squad on saturday. Jog on. :wink:

Agree with the redknapp hate though. We'll find out that tottenham are now bankrupt any time now.

6th in the league brah. 5 teams better throughout season. Arsenal, Newcastle, both Manchester clubs are all better than you

No offence to you and the proper fans of chelsea but i ****ing hate the general fan base of the club. It's just so plastic MAINLY, apart from the real fans who i feel for.
Original post by Gob Bluth
6th in the league brah. 5 teams better throughout season. Arsenal, Newcastle, both Manchester clubs are all better than you

No offence to you and the proper fans of chelsea but i ****ing hate the general fan base of the club. It's just so plastic MAINLY, apart from the real fans who i feel for.

What happens when we come third then? Will you still say there are 5 teams better than us or that we're only second to city or united? Just wondering?
Original post by jam277
What happens when we come third then? Will you still say there are 5 teams better than us or that we're only second to city or united? Just wondering?

you won't finish 3rd... even if you did, there would be still 2 far better teams than you.
Reply 7557

Kenny has to say that but the fact that he was sent out on loan last summer, under Kenny's stewardship says it all.
Reply 7559
Kenny is at the Tolouse vs Montepillier game.
Giroud? Moussa Sissoko? :beard:

Latest