The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pn94
Usually only one 3pm Sunday kickoff a week isn't there? And it's always on Sky.

4pm game is on Sky, and the 1/1:30pm game is usually on TV, but 3pm is not.
Bonjour,

My team:

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Spearing
Henderson
Gerrard

Suarez Bellamy

Carroll

Just go at them, the plastic flag waving bastards!
Reply 8082
Original post by Kevmeister
4pm game is on Sky, and the 1/1:30pm game is usually on TV, but 3pm is not.

Yeah that's it, meant the 4pm one. Both that and the 1.30pm kickoff on Sundays are always on Sky. Seeing as we'll regularly play on Sundays , it's reasonable to think we should end up on TV fair bit more.
Original post by Pn94
Yeah that's it, meant the 4pm one. Both that and the 1.30pm kickoff on Sundays are always on Sky. Seeing as we'll regularly play on Sundays , it's reasonable to think we should end up on TV fair bit more.

Max you can be shown is 26 times, and you'll be one of 3/4 teams that need to play on the Sunday, so it's not certain by any stretch. And that's before big games that will be moved to Sunday anyway.

Your EL games will be on TV, and obviously the home games will bring in more revenue. Might be an idea for FSG to reduce prices for EL games to fill the ground, they'd make up the difference via food/drink sales - esp for games against lowly opposition.
No Carroll tomorrow, please Kenny. I want to see a fluid display and Carroll certainly does not fit that system. Players breaking forward in numbers on the counter attack. Downing and Bellamy on the wings and Suarez down the middle. Gerrard in an advanced midfield position as well. Thank you :smile:
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
No Carroll tomorrow, please Kenny. I want to see a fluid display and Carroll certainly does not fit that system. Players breaking forward in numbers on the counter attack. Downing and Bellamy on the wings and Suarez down the middle. Gerrard in an advanced midfield position as well. Thank you :smile:

Who do you play as the middle 2?
Reply 8086
Original post by Kevmeister

Might be an idea for FSG to reduce prices for EL games to fill the ground, they'd make up the difference via food/drink sales - esp for games against lowly opposition.

Pretty sure they will do this. I remember when they first came in I think kids were allowed free admission vs Utrecht.
Reply 8087
If there is any other formation apart from Gerrard playing as a centre forward/ central attacking mid just behind Suarez, who is a lone striker. I will be angry. I just hope Suarez can continue his finishing form, which frankly has been average to poor for most of this season, with a lot of wasted 1 on 1's and easy chances.

I think Carroll must not start and we must play along the ground. If he starts he won't win all the headers anyway as Terry is an aggressive headerer of the ball. Suarez will cause Terry much more problems with his quick feet. As for Gerrard, well it's Gerrard in a final, you can't ask for a better player for LFC then him.
Original post by Zerforax

I do like Shelvey's ability on the ball but I see Kenny going with Spearing and Henderson.

Henderson has to step up tomorrow and make some decent forward passes. He seems afraid in matches and often opts the simple pass.
Reply 8089
Original post by Zerforax

That's what they were discussing on today's Anfield Wrap as well. It's 2 from Spearing, Henderson and Shelvey really.

I think we'll go 4-2-3-1 like Norwich with Gerrard in that advanced role behind Suarez with 2 from Bellamy, Kuyt, Maxi and Downing playing wide with Henderson and Spearing behind them.

I have a snarky feeling we're going to play 3 at the back and I really don't want that!
Reply 8090
I'm most worried about Carragher starting tbh and I'll be extremely pissed off if he is.
Original post by Pn94
I'm most worried about Carragher starting tbh and I'll be extremely pissed off if he is.

Unfortunately he is all but guaranteed to start. I wouldn't be surprised if Enrique missed out again :redface:
Reply 8092
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
Unfortunately he is all but guaranteed to start.

Probably, as he's played every FA cup game so far. I just hope Kenny surprises us.
I feel Gerrard has to play as part of that 2 man CM. Although it isn't his best position I feel a combination of Spearing/Hendo/Shelvey will get destroyed by the Chelsea midfield which is a key part of their team. I would rather play Gerrard deep, and have Suarez playing off Carroll (who will be a handful for Terry, and create space for Suarez hopefully).
We should ask for Alonso on loan since Madrid have won the league and are out of the cup competitions :frown:
Team i would like to see:

Reina
Spearing
Downing Henderson Maxi
Gerrard
Suarez

Subs: Jones, Carroll, Bellamy, Carragher, Kuyt
Carroll will almost definitely play, Kenny has to do it or it'll just destroy his confidence as can be seen here. I see us playing 4-1-2-1-2 like-
Reina
Spearing
Downing Henderson
Gerrard
Suarez Carroll
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/13865/7723983/Dalglish-prefers-cup-glory
Is your manager serious? He's making excuses for a poor season because he can win 2 domestic cups. Maybe I would take him serious if it was the champions league where you face the best teams in europe. But to say this about the fa cup being better than a good league position is a joke.

Where's the delusional negger at?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Torrresss
I feel Gerrard has to play as part of that 2 man CM. Although it isn't his best position I feel a combination of Spearing/Hendo/Shelvey will get destroyed by the Chelsea midfield which is a key part of their team. I would rather play Gerrard deep, and have Suarez playing off Carroll (who will be a handful for Terry, and create space for Suarez hopefully).

Carroll be a handful for terry, come on, the guy handled messi and he's faced bigger problems than Carroll, he plays with big players like drogba every day. I'm not wumming, but to say he'll be a handful for terry is a joke, terry is strong and good aerially, so is ivanovic. I don't think you can beat us with an aerial or physical threat in all honesty with players like essien/ivanovic/terry/romeu and mikel on our team. They don't call us a rich mans stoke for nothing.

I think it's better using a more pacey threat. Like bellamy, suarez, downing. Maxi has a good scoring rate too so he'll be useful.
Anyway, cheers to a nice and boring cup final. 2-1 or 1-0 most likely.
Original post by jam277
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/13865/7723983/Dalglish-prefers-cup-glory
Is your manager serious? He's making excuses for a poor season because he can win 2 domestic cups. Maybe I would take him serious if it was the champions league where you face the best teams in europe. But to say this about the fa cup being better than a good league position is a joke.

I would probably agree with him. I would instantly take FA Cup win and 8th, over 5th, and would be a long debate over whether I would take LC and FA cup (and 8th) over 4th, and ending the season trophyless.

In 10 years time people will have forgotten who came 4th, but we will still remember the potential cup wins fondly. Admittedly the UCL is good for the finances and attracting the top players, but It's clear we are a long way from being able to compete in the UCL, so I don't feel the rush.

However I can easily see the other side of the coin. Champions league nights are the greatest, and Anfield is never louder than in a big European match. Certainly must be improving massively in the league next season, and I wouldn't accept a good cup run over league position two years in a row.

Latest