Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Liverpool FC Thread VII

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I expect us to be on the backfoot for large parts of the game because our current midfield isn't one that can dominate a game against Chelsea's. But I think that suits us; we seem to play better when adopting a hit & run style.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Worried about Ramires, to be honest, which is why I hope Enrique starts at left back, rather than Agger, who should partner Skrtel at CB. We seem to struggle against pacy players/wingers, so he will have to be at the top of his game. Does anyone think there's a chance of Bellamy, Suarez and Carroll playing up top, Bellars from the left and Suarez from the right?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Home kit will be revealed next Friday. Don't think it'll be too much different
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:

First trailer of that documentary thing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by checkolad)
    This. I think we'll both be disappointed
    Yes I saw Kenny praising Carroll as if he was Messi, after his effort against fulham. I just hope the same Carroll turns up on the day, because he could give us a performance like against Newcastle again.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)

First trailer of that documentary thing
    Expected more Gerrard action + Less Carroll tbh. Only a trailer, but it will influence how many people are influenced to watch it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Home kit will be revealed next Friday. Don't think it'll be too much different
    We've got a new kit maker, and going back to the liverbird badge. Red collared shirt with gold trim.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who is hoping for Suarez and Carroll both to start? Their partnership has been improving but still hasn't fully blossomed. They need more game time together.

Also - just a thought - when Bellars and Downing are both on the pitch, why do they swap wings so they both cut in... especially when Carroll's on the pitch. Not enough crosses are put into Carroll.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArjanK)

Also - just a thought - when Bellars and Downing are both on the pitch, why do they swap wings so they both cut in... especially when Carroll's on the pitch. Not enough crosses are put into Carroll.
    It's Kenny's idea of tactical innovation.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArjanK)

Happens with most teams nowadays, the idea is that the wingers play more as inside forwards, adding to the attacking options in the middle of the pitch and creating space for the full backs to run into and deliver crosses. Arjen Robben is brilliant at it, and Downing and Ashley Young were very effective doing it last season for Villa too. Downing played most of his games on the right hand side last season anyway so it's not like Kenny's doing something no one else has ever done!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool fans i have a question for you.
    Next year would you rather win the carling cup and fa cup or Finnish in the top 4 to make the champions league.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello Liverpool.
    I really don't like your club, most of your players and the attitude your fans.

HOWEVER.

Please,please tear Chelsea a new one tonight.

Thank you.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Serious question where do you realistically expect yourselves to be next season? I mean in terms of signings and also league position.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/liverpo...0045--mls.html

Pretty boring interview but sounds like we're making a bid for Dempsey in the summer. Would make sense for the owners with the American connection but a bit of a strange one considering we're meant to be looking at young players and Dempsey is 29 :confused:

Would be an interesting signing nonetheless. I fear he could be a squad player and he blows a bit hot and cold for me at times. But he knows where the net is and can create chances. Could only cost 6/7 million too.

Thoughts?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Serious question where do you realistically expect yourselves to be next season? I mean in terms of signings and also league position.
    Better than this year.

I really don't know what our scouting department is doing with Comolli gone and I really don't trust them to do a good job but we'll just have to wait and see.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I just saw on Twitter than Torres has scored more goals in the last 10 games than Liverpool have :lolwut:. Tell me it isn't so.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    I just saw on Twitter than Torres has scored more goals in the last 10 games than Liverpool have :lolwut:. Tell me it isn't so.
    Hasn't he only scored 4 in the last 10?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    Hasn't he only scored 4 in the last 10?
    Didn't he score a couple against Leicester City?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I played my friend who normally dominates me at Fifa yesterday, with me playing as Liverpool with our expected line-up for today and him the same with Chelsea. I went 1-0 up with Carroll in the first half, second half he scored two with Torres and then in the last few minutes I equalised with Carroll. 120th minute I ran past 3 players with Suarez and stroked it into the net! Nothing to worry about lads
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Great banner made by Liverpool fans for today's FA cup final

Updated: May 19, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.