The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Seriously. Kenny has gotta to go, he is an average manager.

this was the chance to finally win something worth being proud since 7 years...
Reply 8161
Original post by DaveSmith99
Are you going to look back on playing in Istanbul in 2005 or playing cardiff city in the CC?

Istanbul of course. But that's because we won it. Arsenal have never won it and got to one final, so how their fans can say they'd rather compete in one competition they won't win than win two? Baffling.

Anyway, season's over now. What now? Kenny out for me.
Original post by Jim-Jam
Istanbul of course. But that's because we won it. Arsenal have never won it and got to one final, so how their fans can say they'd rather compete in one competition they won't win than win two? Baffling.

Anyway, season's over now. What now? Kenny out for me.

But you seem to be happy not to be in the champions league, happy to never have a night like Istanbul again? Arsenal can offer players the opportunity to play against some of the best teams and the best players in the world. What can you offer them? "Come play for us, you can play against Cardiff in the Carling Cup final"
Reply 8163
Original post by DaveSmith99
But you seem to be happy not to be in the champions league, happy to never have a night like Istanbul again? Arsenal can offer players the opportunity to play against some of the best teams and the best players in the world. What can you offer them? "Come play for us, you can play against Cardiff in the Carling Cup final"

I'd prefer to have one year where we win both cups.

And we're not gonna be in the CL either, never mind win it!
Original post by Jim-Jam
I'd prefer to have one year where we win both cups.

And we're not gonna be in the CL either, never mind win it!

My point is that Liverpool should be aiming to challenge for the PL and the champions league. Cups should be secondary, so a season where you come mid table, even when winning both cups should be disappointing.
Aargh WTF???

EDIT:
Hmm, not a goal. Ah well... let's get one the whole way in this time. :mad:
Andy carroll seems to be on fire tonight. Liverpool have really picked up since his goal
Reply 8167
:lol: Kenny sacked!
Reply 8168
****ing brilliant. Can't do anything anymore.

Steven 'Shoot from anywhere' Gerrard's useless, Spearing, Henderson, Downing were all crap choices to start with.

Same old, another wasted season.
Reply 8169
That's what happens when you only try for 30 minutes in a cup final. ****ing livid.
Reply 8170
Original post by Deshi
That's what happens when you only try for 30 minutes in a cup final. ****ing livid.

Every single time we play with a high tempo and pressure high up the field we look like a half way competent team. Lovely Dalglish tactics ****ing us up again :dontknow:
Reply 8171
Original post by Mess.
Every single time we play with a high tempo and pressure high up the field we look like a half way competent team. Lovely Dalglish tactics ****ing us up again :dontknow:

It's happened in nearly every game this year. We had to wait for 60 minutes before the team showed any character or belief whatsoever. We deserved to lose. Should have started with Carroll up top, and considering he got the winner in the semi I was sure he'd start. We set up too defensively early on and it backfired.
Reply 8172
WHy can't we play the whole game like we did the last 30? So many players not up for the game at all...disappointed in most of them

Probably the only positive is Andy Carroll looking a player today.
Reply 8173
That ball didn't cross over the line for me, therefore no goal.

Anyway these players just didn't care today. Henderson seems to have shoot like Adam, Gerrard wasn't at his best position, Reina let in a terrible goal. I think Chelsea deserved to win, I think we were lucky for that one goal.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8174
I'm absolutely devastated, really thought we'd do it.

I suspect there'll be big changes this summer. Half of our players were caught out by the occasion imo.
Reply 8175
Original post by mr tim
That ball didn't cross over the line for me, therefore no goal.

Also I'd rather us get in CL, and be trophyless and win trophies in time to time, rather than just win trophies every season, ie FA cup and/or Carling cup, and be midtable. I don't think any new fans/players etc will see our history and just judge on how we play. as I said before, I'd rather beat the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid etc rather than Exeter, Brighton even if the former doesn't get the trophy whilst the latter does. You don't attract big names by winning the trophies like CC, FA cup and finishing midtable. You attract them by being in CL.

Anyway these players just didn't care today. Henderson seems to have shoot like Adam, Gerrard wasn't at his best position, Reina let in a terrible goal. I think Chelsea deserved to win, I think we were lucky for that one goal.

Tbh, you sound as if you don't give a **** we lost.

I don't know how you can dismiss that match so quickly.
Reply 8176
Henderson, Downing, Spearing, Johnson... surely these players can;t have long left at the club, another gutless performance from them.

Carroll looked brilliant though, bullied the Chelsea defence. Showed his Newcastle form there, he has always had it and was just not producing it. The other players don't have it and so will never produce it. Spearing would struggle to get in most Championship teams! That said, the second half had some positives and if not for a world class save we could be in extra time now but that's football. The players didn't want it enough and only started trying once Carroll was introduced.

I'm afraid this is where it ends for Kenny, he has to leave.
Reply 8177
I can't believe that some of the fans are proud of the team. I'm proud that Andy Carroll managed to give us something to cheer in the final because none of the other players could but apart from that there was absolutely nothing to be proud of in that performance. I'm so disappointed.
Reply 8178
Original post by Pn94
Tbh, you sound as if you don't give a **** we lost.

I don't know how you can dismiss that match so quickly.

Take off your rose tinted glasses, and you'll see that he's absolutely right.

Chelsea did deserve it because you only turned up for 20 minutes. The rest of the team (besides Carroll) was absolutely shocking. Apart from Carroll, there is nothing to be optimistic about from that performance.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8179
Screw football, I'm going getting drunk. :cheers:

Latest