The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Loic Remy scored twice tonight for Marseille against Lille :rolleyes:

I've heard of Texiera, don't know anything about him though
Reply 81
Redknapp was there watching Remy apparently.

I remember when we were rumoured to be close to signing him a couple of seasons ago.
Reply 82
I still think it's a mistake and a repeated one if we go in for a striker in January. Bet there will be more options in the summer and more reasonably priced.
Reply 83
Original post by Zerforax
I still think it's a mistake and a repeated one if we go in for a striker in January. Bet there will be more options in the summer and more reasonably priced.

I think we need someone now tbh.
Reply 84
Original post by Pn94
I think we need someone now tbh.

Well we do and we've got 17 games to make an impact this season but if we go spend £20mil+ on another striker, I can't see us changing our strikeforce of Suarez, Caroll and new buy for a few years yet.

Just feel it should be about making the right/perfect buy for the club long term, instead of just trying to patch up a hole in the water works with whatever works.
Reply 85
Well we do and we've got 17 games to make an impact this season but if we go spend £20mil+ on another striker, I can't see us changing our strikeforce of Suarez, Caroll and new buy for a few years yet.

Just feel it should be about making the right/perfect buy for the club long term, instead of just trying to patch up a hole in the water works with whatever works.

As long as it's our primary target and we're not settling for 2nd best, then this window would be fine.
Suarez was a January buy remember. Obviously if the price isn't right, don't do it, but if you get the right price for a good striker you go for it. But it's a hard market to find the perfect solution in January, but a good striker might be the different between top 4, so who knows.
Reply 87
Leon Best is doing well...

Kenny might fancy him for £25 million.
Original post by TM94
Leon Best is doing well...

Kenny might fancy him for £25 million.

Same joke over and over and over and over and over again.
Reply 89
Original post by lazy smurf
Same joke over and over and over and over and over again.

You love it.

Best could be the man to bring out the best in Carroll if you ask me :teehee:
:sogood:
Man City Semi Final tickets purchased...now to fail this exam I've got this afternoon!
Reply 91
Original post by ChrisWilliams
Man City Semi Final tickets purchased...now to fail this exam I've got this afternoon!

So they went to general sale? Where did you get?
Reply 92

I agree with this, however if Kuyt does get sold as people are now saying, I would be in favour of reinvesting that money back into a new striker. However, Suarez's ban is half over now, the run of difficult league games comes up after that so will there be a hole to plug by this time next month?

For me, a better buy would be someone with a bit of creativity, and someone who isn't scared of running into the box when we managed to cut in behind them.
Purchased 3 tickets for the Tottenham game, anyone know how the view is from 224?
Reply 94
Original post by orionmoo

Goes to general sale at 2
Reply 95
Original post by orionmoo

CW has a fancard, for which the sale opened at 8am today. Goes to general sale at 2pm with some tickets left.
Reply 96
Original post by ChrisWilliams

Why haven't you got a memebrship out of interest?

You seem to be causing yourself a lot of unnecessary agro getting tickets
Reply 97
Got my tickets :biggrin:
Reply 98
We need a striker now I think.

I'm not one for panic buying, but we definitely need another striker.

Waiting till summer is too much of a risk, even if we can scrape 4th this year after 7 home draws would be a good achievement. It definitely isn't impossible though.
Anyone got any info on 224?

Latest