The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *_*
Got to be this for me, hopefully Enrique and Kelly can overlap a lot.

--------------------------Reina-------------------------
--------Carragher------ Skrtel------Agger---------
---Kelly --------------------------------------Enrique-----
--------------Gerrard---------Henderson--------------
----Downing-----------------------------------Maxi------
-------------------------Carroll----------------------------

We need to be wary of Hernandez coming off the bench again and scoring like in the league.

Solid looking team that.

On paper I prefer our team tbh.
Reply 1021
I don't like the idea of Carra going back into CB. I feel like he's going to unbalance the partnership we have going with Agger and Skrtel. We all know how he tries to control the defence.
Reply 1022
Original post by Deshi
I don't like the idea of Carra going back into CB. I feel like he's going to unbalance the partnership we have going with Agger and Skrtel. We all know how he tries to control the defence.

Yes, sometimes this has happened when he made silly mistakes, but I think he is a big game player.

Also, against Bolton, there seemed to be no defensive leader, someone really needs to take over from Carra. Agger has shown flashes of it.
Reply 1023
Original post by Zerforax
Same CW? :awesome:

Don't think so, unless if he's a troll [the CW on here]
Reply 1024
Haha on that little montage ITV put on after each advert it says honour and the Liverpool player it shows is Owen :rofl2:
Reply 1025
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Dirk Kuyt you beautiful man.
Reply 1026
Big game player Dirk Kuyt :biggrin::biggrin:
****ing have it! :biggrin:
Good finish by Kuyt, he was close up and all, but he buried it alright!

I don't even follow football anymore, and even I got a bit excited when he scored...;D Enjoy it lads.
Both Manchester clubs knocked out of the FA cup now. We have to be among the favourites?
Reply 1030
Carroll's best game this season. Really glad that he managed to finally step up!
Reply 1031
Original post by Deshi
Carroll's best game this season. Really glad that he managed to finally step up!

He's a crossbar magnet :/ So unlucky with his headers against Newcastle and now United. He will score soon enough though.

The only bad thing from the performance was the spell before half time, where we were hoofing from deep instead of getting to the byeline and putting crosses in.
(edited 12 years ago)
Great win.
Reply 1033
Get in!

Probably between Chelsea, Spurs and us now!
Reply 1034
Great win! we are still in both domestic cup matches, one of them is the final, the other R5, if the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal go out and we are through, then we could win both cups.

great feeling to knock out both Manchester clubs, both gave us a hard time, but we managed to go through... surprising if you look at our team-sheet. Kuyt's got a overdue goal, but lets hope he get his 50th in the league soon.

Now if only we can do the same on small clubs.
Credit to Kenny for the substitutions. I was thinking wtf when Gerrard came off but it worked.
Lose to Bolton.
Beat Man City.
Beat Man United.

This defies logic, it just plain doesn't make sense.

If we lose to Wolves I might cry.
Reply 1037
Original post by History-Student
Lose to Bolton.
Beat Man City.
Beat Man United.

This defies logic, it just plain doesn't make sense.

If we lose to Wolves I might cry.

That's how we roll unfortunately :frown:

Absolutely buzzin after that
Original post by Zerforax
Both Manchester clubs knocked out of the FA cup now. We have to be among the favourites?

You should be, I reckon chelsea are now the favourites with liverpool slightly behind in second.
What a game.

I'm glad Evra is getting the blame for the second goal :lol:

Every player was solid. Even Charlie Adam when he came on. I was actually thinking we needed him, there wasn't enough creativity in our midfield and he's normally brave enough to try some risky passes. Hope Downing gets more credit than he usually does now. He did some excellent defending in the first half. Last couple of games you can see all the players are putting in the work.

I think Carra was very good as a CDM and allowed Gerrard/Henderson more freedom.

Felt sorry for Enrique, his one mistake ended up in a goal being conceded.

Carroll gave 100%, involved in both goals, hit the post. Unlucky for him. Hopefully, he'll play the same way against Wolves.

**** this post match analysis. I'm going out to celebrate! Very happy indeed.

Latest