The Student Room Group

Seborrheic dermatitis

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KCosmo
I hope it works, let us know how you get on :smile:

it stings a bit when i use the head and shoulders, but it often stings when i use anything on it :frown: it gets quite sore, is dry and looks awful. really getting me down!
Reply 21
Original post by abeautifulmistake8
it stings a bit when i use the head and shoulders, but it often stings when i use anything on it :frown: it gets quite sore, is dry and looks awful. really getting me down!

I'm sorry to hear that, it may not be for everyone, but it definitely worked for me. Are you just using it as a facewash, i.e. washing your face with warm water, then lathering a bit of it onto your face and then washing it off with water again?

If it's sore I'd probably stop using it, I'd hate to be making it any worse :frown:
Original post by KCosmo
I'm sorry to hear that, it may not be for everyone, but it definitely worked for me. Are you just using it as a facewash, i.e. washing your face with warm water, then lathering a bit of it onto your face and then washing it off with water again?

If it's sore I'd probably stop using it, I'd hate to be making it any worse :frown:

yeah that's exactly how i'm using it. i read on a website that you can also use head and shoulders as a lotion for it.

i've just put e45 on to moisturise and it's stinging like a bitch :frown:
Original post by KCosmo

did you use any other products on it? like types of moisturisers/creams? or solely the head and shoulders?
Hi, I had this too :frown: I used to get dry flaky skin around my nose, and while e45 helped to stop flaking or peeling, my skin was still very red and the creams effects were only temporary. I found by searching for cures and trying a few things, that using apple cider vinegar, by dabbing it on my face when i have a wash, has solved it for me. It took about a week of applying this before bed on every night before it had pretty much gone. It stung at first so i diluted the vinegar with water. But try it, also search apple cider vinegar and seborrheic dermatitis on Google. Apparently the acidity kills whatever yeast causes aggravation to the skin. Hope this helps
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I had this too :frown: I used to get dry flaky skin around my nose, and while e45 helped to stop flaking or peeling, my skin was still very red and the creams effects were only temporary. I found by searching for cures and trying a few things, that using apple cider vinegar, by dabbing it on my face when i have a wash, has solved it for me. It took about a week of applying this before bed on every night before it had pretty much gone. It stung at first so i diluted the vinegar with water. But try it, also search apple cider vinegar and seborrheic dermatitis on Google. Apparently the acidity kills whatever yeast causes aggravation to the skin. Hope this helps

thank for your suggestion! i will try this. i was giving head and shoulders a go, but it seems to be drying my skin out a lot :frown:
Reply 26
Original post by abeautifulmistake8
did you use any other products on it? like types of moisturisers/creams? or solely the head and shoulders?

Just Head and Shoulders. I had tried a whole range of different things to try and sort it out, but this was the only one that worked for me! I hope you find something that works for you soon :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

this is probably a stupid question, but as long as it's 'cider vinegar' will this be fine? i'm looking for bottles that say 'apple cider vinegar'... but they will all be apple, as they're cider, right? lol
Reply 28
I had this for some time and the steroid creams I have tried have not helped. I recently purchased a natural treatment proskin sebderm and the difference this has made already after just one week is incredible in my opinion. My itching on the forehead, nose and chin is away as is the horrible redness that accompanied it. I have also noticed a dramatic reduction in the oil in these areas. Hope this info is of some help!
I liked the idea with head and shoulders - it did work in evolution to kill that alien :smile: seriously though I wouldn't be surprised if it works.
I have been duelling with this for years and the rash was red with anger on my face and chest. I was constantly scratching at it causing sores and scabs.
The doctor gave me steroid creams and anti-fungals which helped a little but not nearly enough.
I now use on a daily basis proskin sebderm. After a few days of using this my skin looked a little redder and I was a bit concerned. I contacted them and they said this was probably a healing crisis. A couple of days later and dead skin started to flake off (like it does with sunburn).
Underneath was beautiful, soft, new skin - without seborrheic dermatitis.
I now use this proskin daily (I'm terrified it will come back). And my skin is so soft I can't believe it :smile:
Reply 30
I use the mama natures proskin sebderm treatment on my face and scalp and it works better than all of the rest of the treatments put together. I was not expecting it to works like this.
I feel for you I have had a bad flare just before Xmas a really bad flare two eeeks ago always on my face which got infected I was told to use the hydrocortisone cream and I’ve been plastering sermon cream every day to try and keep it at bay, I have had two weeks reprieve and this morning woke up to a very sore itchy red swollen face... nothing seems to work so another trip back to the doctor tomorrow it’s naking me very depressed 🙁 good luck with yours

Quick Reply

Latest