Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any international students going to University of Nottingham

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody,

I'm going to be starting a course in Law with Russian at the University of Nottingham, starting in September '12. I was just curious as to whether or not they're any other international students going to the University of Nottingham? If so, would you be able to list what you're studying?

Hope to hear from somebody!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berliners)
    Hello everybody,

I'm going to be starting a course in Law with Russian at the University of Nottingham, starting in September '12. I was just curious as to whether or not they're any other international students going to the University of Nottingham? If so, would you be able to list what you're studying?

Hi!

I'm applying for psychology... (Had some issues with my application so I'll be sending it sometime this week hopefully.)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ooo I am!
    I'm an exchange student though. I'm going to be there for the '12-'13 year. I major in international business.
    you guy's excited??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm going there to study Film and Television Studies. I can't wait!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for law
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berliners)
    Hello everybody,

Hey there! I'm from Malaysia and I've firmed my place for Pharmacy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviagunapalan)
    Hey there! I'm from Malaysia and I've firmed my place for Pharmacy!
    Hey even I got an offer from Nottingham for Pharmacy but I am confused about the course at Nottingham. I think I will be going to Aston for drug delivery.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakshi.verma32)
    Hey even I got an offer from Nottingham for Pharmacy but I am confused about the course at Nottingham. I think I will be going to Aston for drug delivery.
    Hey that's cool! I applied for Pharmacy at Aston as well. But I didn't wait for their reply. :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so do you guys know where you're staying (or would like to stay) as far as accommodation goes? I'm torn between broadgate and raleigh
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryWill)
    so do you guys know where you're staying (or would like to stay) as far as accommodation goes? I'm torn between broadgate and raleigh
    I'm staying at UP (Nightingale), because I'm too lazy to cook for myself.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be staying in Willoughby hall at UP.

(Original post by hallonpaj)
    I'm staying at UP (Nightingale), because I'm too lazy to cook for myself.
    Haha. Me too!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Me too!
    *high fives* I will miss having an oven, though. I'll definitely need to friend something at Broadgate Park so I can bake, haha! But cooking every day just sounds so exhausting that no thanks.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallonpaj)
    *high fives* I will miss having an oven, though. I'll definitely need to friend something at Broadgate Park so I can bake, haha! But cooking every day just sounds so exhausting that no thanks.
    I know right, uni life is going to be hectic, I can't imagine having to cook as well! XD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    pffft! that's why a microwave is your best friend :P
    But seriously, I have to stay off campus for the simple fact that I can't move my stuff out over the breaks and definitely can't afford to pay extra to keep it there (well i can but I just don't want to....)
    plus I heard that all meals are at specific times (and only like 3 times a day), which I think is dumb but whatever.
    In the US, the dining halls have times that they're open (like from 8am-8pm, 7pm-2am for late night eaters, for example) and you just come whenever is good for you, and there's an all you can eat buffet)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, firmed Nottingham for Mechanical engineering. I am from Pakistan living in Kazakhstan :P
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know right, uni life is going to be hectic, I can't imagine having to cook as well! XD
    Pffttt. It's all about cooking in batches, putting them into separate tupperwares, freezing them and then microwaving it when you want to eat.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akiraryuu)
    Pffttt. It's all about cooking in batches, putting them into separate tupperwares, freezing them and then microwaving it when you want to eat.
    Looks like I know where I'll be stopping by if I want something to eat! Hahah
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    pffft! that's why a microwave is your best friend :P
    But seriously, I have to stay off campus for the simple fact that I can't move my stuff out over the breaks and definitely can't afford to pay extra to keep it there (well i can but I just don't want to....)
    plus I heard that all meals are at specific times (and only like 3 times a day), which I think is dumb but whatever.
    In the US, the dining halls have times that they're open (like from 8am-8pm, 7pm-2am for late night eaters, for example) and you just come whenever is good for you, and there's an all you can eat buffet)
    Yeah they times that they serve meals is a little constraining, but I guess it wouldn't hurt for someone like me to have a routine! XD Where are you from?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I know where I'll be stopping by if I want something to eat! Hahah
    Smuggle desserts in and we'll see
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akiraryuu)
    Smuggle desserts in and we'll see
    You got a deal!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 14, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.