The Student Room Group

Do you wear perfume daily?

Poll

Do you wear perfume daily?

I bought some perfume for the first time yesterday. Prior to that I thought it was a bit of a con and that body spray sufficed but nope perfume's definitely a lot more noticeable!

I was just wondering how often people wear their perfume? I have a 100ml bottle of CK summer and it cost £13, I was planning on wearing it everyday, though idk? £13 doesn't seem that bad every couple of months, but I think it was cheap because it was on sale.

Opinions? General discussion regarding perfume for a newbie?

EMZ=]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wear it everyday, if I remember to put it on in the morning. :tongue:
I never wear expensive stuff, as long as it smells nice it's all good, I'm not bothered about big names.
Reply 2
I wouldn't be able to afford to wear perfume everyday, I don't think. I put it on if I'm going out somewhere, or if I'm just feeling in a perfume-y mood. I have about 5 wee bottles, like the 30ml bottles, which have kept me going for over a year now.
Reply 3
I wear my perfume every time I go out, a little spritz and then take it with me to do again in the middle of the day. My bottle costs around £25 but when people smell it, they say it smells of me..so it obviously makes a big difference!
£13!! Bargain! I wear mine everyday and mine is only a 30ml bottle. It's lasted me almost a month and It has probably a tad more than a quarter left. It was only £11 as well! Depends on you though, if you want to wear it or not. :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah. I love smelling nice. :redface: Probably because I have a very keen nose myself so I dab on a little spritz on my wrists and neck after my daily shower.

I buy eau de parfum instead of eau de toilette btw. EaP costs a good £15-20 more than EaT but it's a lot stronger and the sillage is much more pleasant due to the higher % of perfume oil (instead of alcohol). My bottle of Miss Dior lasted me almost a year of daily use. I also interchange between perfumes and switch things up randomly. I find that helps them last longer. :yep:
Reply 6
Original post by hannahisasmit
£13!! Bargain! I wear mine everyday and mine is only a 30ml bottle. It's lasted me almost a month and It has probably a tad more than a quarter left. It was only £11 as well! Depends on you though, if you want to wear it or not. :smile:

Jan. sales in superdrug :P. Might have been £15 but I think it was £13!

I think I'll wear it daily from here on, smells nice ^_^.

EMZ=]
Reply 7
No...not of Im staying in
my perfumes cost too much to be spraying it daily lol

Do you guys wear body mist? Tell me some nicee ones!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Sometimes I do, if I remember, and sometimes I use a body spray if I've forgotten because I keep one in my bag :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Emor
I bought some perfume for the first time yesterday. Prior to that I thought it was a bit of a con and that body spray sufficed but nope perfume's definitely a lot more noticeable!

I was just wondering how often people wear their perfume? I have a 100ml bottle of CK summer and it cost £13, I was planning on wearing it everyday, though idk? £13 doesn't seem that bad every couple of months, but I think it was cheap because it was on sale.

Opinions? General discussion regarding perfume for a newbie?

EMZ=]

If I Wear a perfume quit often I begin to get really sick of it!! thats why I prefer to smell like nothing....just use unscented aluminum free deodorant...
Reply 10
I wear it pretty much everyday unless I have a scented deodorant on (which deodorant I buy will depend whats on offer)
Original post by Emor
Jan. sales in superdrug :P. Might have been £15 but I think it was £13!

I think I'll wear it daily from here on, smells nice ^_^.

EMZ=]

Cool, cool! Anything would smell nice if it was £13!! :biggrin:
Most days, I usually get a load of perfumey things over Christmas which last me a whole year :P
I wear it daily, just falls into my routine. But sometimes I will just use my body spray, if I'm running low on perfume.
Lacoste Touch Of Pink and D&G are lovely perfumes by the way. :mmm:
Reply 14
No, but almost every day body lotion and always shave balsem which smells nice
I wear it everyday, but my mum's a bit of a cat lady so I'm paranoid of smelling bad :P
I'd recommend Cheapsmells... It's not brilliant for variety but I got 100ml of Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy (hate her music, love the perfume) for about £20! Hope someone will benefit from this. But yeah I think it's normal to wear perfume every day, I feel naked without it!
Reply 16
daily cos my perfume just smells way too good
Everyday, yes.

Personally, I prefer investing in good quality perfume, such as Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang, Juicy Couture or Stella McCartney.

I won't wear perfume purely because it "smells nice"but because I like fragrance that reflects my personality and mood.

I cannot stand cheap perfume.
Original post by Rds_
No, but almost every day body lotion and always shave balsem which smells nice

Read this as "always shave balls"

Hangovers :facepalm2:
I use perfume everyday if I'm out somewhere..if I'm staying at home then I don't use anything as there's no need for it, a nice shower is enough to be smelling fresh.
Generally I buy expensive perfumes and they last about a year of daily use , well during university term.
I usually get perfume as Christmas gifts so sometimes vary them, especially if I have a cheaper brand perfume or eu de toilette, I just use lots of it so it runs out quicker (sometimes use it around the house) and I can give myself a reason to buy a better perfume :biggrin:
Sadly most perfumes I tried don't stay on me! I'm not sure if it's just me not being able to smell the perfume after 10minutes as I get used to it or it really doesn't stick to my skin.. Maybe I should ask people to smell me after 4hrs and see what they think :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest