The Student Room Group

AQA Law 02 - 19th Jan

Scroll to see replies

Thanks alot. Do you have unit 1 and the mark schemes for unit 1 and 2 by any chance?

Cheers :smile:
Does anyone have the mark scheme for the January 2012 Law unit 2 exam??

I really need this!
This is the mark scheme for unit 1, do you have the one for Jan 2012 unit 2?

Anyone... :smile:
When you cite cases in your answers such as if you had to explain mens rea, has your teacher told you to briefly explain the case or just put it in brackets, such as;
Direct intention is where the defendant decides to bring about the criminal consequence (Mohan).
or
Direct intention is where the defendant decides to bring about the criminal consequence as shown in Mohan where (explanation of case).

I'm not sure what to do here because i've heard different things from different people about this.
Reply 66
Original post by Fergo
When you cite cases in your answers such as if you had to explain mens rea, has your teacher told you to briefly explain the case or just put it in brackets, such as;
Direct intention is where the defendant decides to bring about the criminal consequence (Mohan).
or
Direct intention is where the defendant decides to bring about the criminal consequence as shown in Mohan where (explanation of case).

I'm not sure what to do here because i've heard different things from different people about this.

You shouldn't use brackets like that. This is what you should say:

'Direct intention is where the defendant decides to bring about the criminal consequence, as seen in the case of Mohan''

I always underline the cases so the examiner can simply see what cases I have used and look at the mark scheme to show these cases are relevant, help out the examiner as well so they might boost up your marks a bit :colondollar:
Original post by Rossatron
You shouldn't use brackets like that. This is what you should say:

'Direct intention is where the defendant decides to bring about the criminal consequence, as seen in the case of Mohan''

I always underline the cases so the examiner can simply see what cases I have used and look at the mark scheme to show these cases are relevant, help out the examiner as well so they might boost up your marks a bit :colondollar:

Cheers. So you don't have to explain the case, just mention it?
Reply 68
Original post by Fergo
Cheers. So you don't have to explain the case, just mention it?

Don't explain the case, just state the legal point.

E.G If the damage is too remote, then there is no breach. This was seen in the case of The Wagon Mound where it was stated the spillage of the oil was too remote to the fire two days later.

Depending on the question, if they simply ask you to talk about an individual topic, e.g. One risk factor then going into a bit more case detail can be useful and you don't want to be writing just the legal point and only writing a few lines.

Quick Reply

Latest