The Student Room Group

BMI for RAF

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
With respect goddness If BMI was very accurate the whole of the Newcastle falcons rugby union team or England rugby union team are obese. Everyone knows muscle weighs more than fat, I'm a big lad not scared to say so i'm abit chubby yeah but i'm well built with being a rugby player I' have alot of upper and lower body muscle aswell as abit extra body fat. so BMI isint that accurate taking that into consideration i'm not saying i'm skinny but according to my BMI i'm obese! i'm far from obese.. its not really accurate when you take factors like that into consideration
Reply 21
Original post by Benc1994
With respect goddness If BMI was very accurate the whole of the Newcastle falcons rugby union team or England rugby union team are obese. Everyone knows muscle weighs more than fat, I'm a big lad not scared to say so i'm abit chubby yeah but i'm well built with being a rugby player I' have alot of upper and lower body muscle aswell as abit extra body fat. so BMI isint that accurate taking that into consideration i'm not saying i'm skinny but according to my BMI i'm obese! i'm far from obese.. its not really accurate when you take factors like that into consideration

Explain that to RAF recruitment team, I have absolutely nothing against that or your BMI for that matter, it's just RAF recruitment process can be quite Black and White so you 'may' or may not be told to go away and lose some weight at your medical. Once you past that stage, there's plenty of bigger rugby built guys in the RAF, and as long as you can pass your fitness no one will ever care about your BMI.

I am just preparing you for the possible case that may or may not occur at your medical, hopefully not ofcourse.
Reply 22
OP this info might come handy, had to dig that out for you.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=31833405&highlight=RAF

Quick Reply

Latest