The Student Room Group

Anyone doing CCEA As Geography?

Scroll to see replies

and i did 12 site am i allowed to just display like 8 of them in my graph???
Title : "A scatter graph showing the relationship between soil pH and distance inland"

Y axis - Soil pH x axis- Distance Inland

Do all 12 sites! I did 12, too. :biggrin:

Also remember in the waffling section to talk about humic acid and the amount of humus increasing as you move inland, quote figures from your table for amounts of vegetation and pH

If they ask it at the end of the paper. Go embryo-grey-mature dune. They're the important stages.
nb thanks , we did a bar graph tho :smile: :L but ar eyou allowed to like do like 8 ? you dont have to every site do ye :O ....then independant variable is distance inland aye? and dependant soil ph? :biggrin:
Original post by aqagcse2011
nb thanks , we did a bar graph tho :smile: :L but ar eyou allowed to like do like 8 ? you dont have to every site do ye :O ....then independant variable is distance inland aye? and dependant soil ph? :biggrin:

You could probably do 8 but since I do a scatter graph, I have to do all 12 for the line of best fit :P

Yes and yes to your other two questions! Good luck tomorrow :wink:
thanks for your help, goodluck :wink: although you seem like a genius and so ye wont need it :P CCEA be good :smile:
So what did you all think of that paper? I thought it was decent enough. The three case studies asked were like a dream come true! I didn't do as well as I hoped, though :frown: Timing was a BIG issue and I was cramming things in at the last minute.

Heres what I wrote: (all of it probably isn't right)

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
the paper can be decribed as 'ok' the essay questions were grand but i thought section B was a night mare and definately time was a massive issue.....

for A- i thought the first question on the land use was abs brutal..yeah got that for B, i cant remind what i got for C, and yeah got that for D as well..

Ecosystem- yeah i said that too.. B-i blaned on this question, and C ok.

weather- didnt do it.
-basically never did it.
C- half did it.
and got that for D
Was ok,MAJOR timing issues,wil have to do well in unit 2 and prob repeat in jan!
i passed unit 2 :wink:
congrats- this is my first time doing it :biggrin: hoping to get an A:biggrin:
Original post by JustDisturbia
congrats- this is my first time doing it :biggrin: hoping to get an A:biggrin:

Hopefully it's more straight forward and better time wise than Unit 1 :biggrin:
unit 1 was a weird paper :L any of yous 2 doing religion tomoros?
Original post by aqagcse2011
unit 1 was a weird paper :L any of yous 2 doing religion tomoros?

Nah, Human next week and that's me for Summer haha!

I do Physics, Maths, Computing (dropping for A2) and Geography

Also, I think my problem with that paper is that there weren't enough theory questions, mainly describe questions. I was disappointed at learning so much stuff and hardly being able to show it all off if that makes sense. Describe questions are easier to lose marks in than theory IMO :frown:

That probably sounds really bad but I don't know any other way to say it haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Hope everyone found today's paper okay! :smile:
Remember: you'll have done better than you think you have! :smile:
Original post by snailsareslimy
Hope everyone found today's paper okay! :smile:
Remember: you'll have done better than you think you have! :smile:

Look's like I'll be dropping Geography and carrying on with English next year! hehe:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Reply 75
Any predictions for AS2 case study questions?
who will be repeating the paper in jan :wink: ?
Original post by dwalshe727
Any predictions for AS2 case study questions?

Settlement: Urban Regeneration MEDC City/ The National Park + RDA question are likely
Population: LEDC Population Distribution
Development: Can't remember the question associated with this one, but we did Ghana.

Nearest Neighbour will probably come up in Skills.

I correctly predicted 2 out of 3 case studies for AS1 so who knows! :P
how do you get the dots the same size on a dot distribution map:s-smilie: surely thats nearly impossible or is it just roughly?
Thanks to all contributors so far

Original post by JustDisturbia
how do you get the dots the same size on a dot distribution map:s-smilie: surely thats nearly impossible or is it just roughly?

Design a legend that contains dots varying in size such that you can tell any two different sized dots apart just by looking at them and you'll be fine!

Does anyone have any idea to what extent CCEA examiners care about the date of non exam resource material that you would use in answers? My teacher indicates that info dated post-2000 abouts is ok, am quite curious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending