The Student Room Group

What do men really think of short, curvy women?

I feel so self-conscious when I walk around because my body is so different from what's supposed to be hot. My measurements are 36-30-40 and I'm only 5ft 4" so I look squashed and round. I'm slightly pear-shaped and a put on most of weight around my butt. I also have annoyingly thick upper arms which I wish were skinny. My butt is big and round and I wish it was a lot smaller but it won't get that way because I seem to put all my weight on there. I have a slightly bigger bone structure than most women and I'm not fat, it's just that I can't change the shape of my body. I see skinnier women with curves and wish I looked like them. I love having my curves but I just wish I didn't have to be short and with such a big butt at the same time.

One of my best guy friends commented to someone else (who told me about it later) that he thinks I'm "really pretty but a little bit big set"...and it was little bit upsetting to hear that. In my relationship my ex didn't want to have sex with me for 5 months...I didn't gain weight or anything like that but it made me feel really unappealing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I feel so self-conscious when I walk around because my body is so different from what's supposed to be hot. My measurements are 36-30-40 and I'm only 5ft 4" so I look squashed and round. I'm slightly pear-shaped and a put on most of weight around my butt. I also have annoyingly thick upper arms which I wish were skinny. My butt is big and round and I wish it was a lot smaller but it won't get that way because I seem to put all my weight on there. I have a slightly bigger bone structure than most women and I'm not fat, it's just that I can't change the shape of my body. I see skinnier women with curves and wish I looked like them. I love having my curves but I just wish I didn't have to be short and with such a big butt at the same time.

One of my best guy friends commented to someone else (who told me about it later) that he thinks I'm "really pretty but a little bit big set"...and it was little bit upsetting to hear that. In my relationship my ex didn't want to have sex with me for 5 months...I didn't gain weight or anything like that but it made me feel really unappealing.

I honestly find curvy really attractive :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Foo.mp3

Also like a girl who's small enough to 'throw around a bit' from time to time :wink:

I read that super-literally and was like ":lolwut:" (sorta had images of dwarf tossing going around in my mind :colondollar:).

OP, I LOVE curvy women and I don't mind if they're short. There are tons of guys who are gonna love your body.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you everyone.

Original post by Foo.mp3
If you're really bothered about being 'big set' then, as one of the lifting hombres would no doubt say: 'get down the gym and start doing squats', or w/e the advice is

Thanks. I do go to the gym but I've got a big frame/big-boned (say like Kelly Clarkson) and I can't change that.
Curves>bones
Curves for the win :biggrin:
I'm actually sooo jealous of you ! you sound like the perfect shape you have boobs and a bum your a great height! God be proud of it , im only a size 4 (not through personal choice I just cant put on weight even though I eat like a horse!) I have Cup size B boobs and a pretty flat bum, I cant wear bodycon dresses as my hips stick out, and I cant wear low cut t shirts as I have no boobs to fill them out, I have to live in leggins as Jeans dont fit, and I cant wear strapless as I have no boobs to hold them up! Defo be proud of what you have!
I'm actually sooo jealous of you ! you sound like the perfect shape you have boobs and a bum your a great height! God be proud of it , im only a size 4 (not through personal choice I just cant put on weight even though I eat like a horse!) I have Cup size B boobs and a pretty flat bum, I cant wear bodycon dresses as my hips stick out, and I cant wear low cut t shirts as I have no boobs to fill them out, I have to live in leggins as Jeans dont fit, and I cant wear strapless as I have no boobs to hold them up! Defo be proud of what you have!

So basically put yourself down to make the OP feel better about herself. Why? :redface:

My imagination isn't very good :sad: Post some pics :yep:
Reply 9
You need to stop beating yourself up over it since it doesn't sound like your figure is unappealing in the least.

I thought big butts were in and considered hot these days anyways? Sounds like you're bang on trend.
Reply 10
I love them. I get a hard-on just picturing curvy women. They've always done it for me.
Reply 11
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
My imagination isn't very good :sad: Post some pics :yep:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/traincopy2.jpg/
Reply 12

I think being slim looks graceful. Big boobs are overrated and smaller boobs look just as good. Since you say "be proud of what you have" I wanna say the same to you too. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Valmonte
You need to stop beating yourself up over it since it doesn't sound like your figure is unappealing in the least.

I thought big butts were in and considered hot these days anyways? Sounds like you're bang on trend.

Thank you. You seem like such a lovely guy. :smile:

Thanks to everyone else too.
Are we talking curvy? or are we talking fat?
Reply 15
Reply 16
Original post by CJKay
I would :colone:.

I mean... er... what?

I'm confused. What do you mean?
I'm confused. What do you mean?

He means... he would have sex with you.

very nice body do ou not have 1 of your face?
Reply 19
Original post by britishgoose01
very nice body do ou not have 1 of your face?

If I showed my face people here would be able to tell who I was :redface:
My friends always tell me I'm not fat but it's hard not to feel like that. I got teased a lot by boys at school so it's hard to stop that affecting me even though I've dated.

Latest

Trending

Trending