The Student Room Group

Flat-mates forcing me to drink but I've got coursework in for tomorrow

My flat-mates are forcing me to go out and have a flat-party with them but I've got coursework to do for tomorrow. What can I say that will stop them?? Oh it's my birthday today.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're not forcing you though, are they? Man up and grow a pair.
Reply 2
'No'

I'd have thought someone at university would have grasped the english language by now
Reply 3
Original post by jrules0193
My flat-mates are forcing me to go out and have a flat-party with them but I've got coursework to do for tomorrow. What can I say that will stop them??

Say no and go somewhere else and do your work.
Get a grip and tell them no. Then go to your room and do work. If it's going to be too noisy to do work in your room, go to the library and work - at this time of year, it'll be open 24/7.
Reply 5
What are they going to do? Drag you out the door and pour alcohol down your throat? Just tell them no, you've got work due and you'll go out another night.
Go to the party and then do your coursework. Writing important assignments is always more fun drunk :yes:
Reply 7
Original post by KJane
What are they going to do? Drag you out the door and pour alcohol down your throat? Just tell them no, you've got work due and you'll go out another night.

It is my birthday today....
Tell them to piss off. They can't exactly force you to do anything, can they?
Reply 9

On second though why the fleck didn't you do the CW ages ago and leave tonight opened to get hammered?
Reply 10
Original post by chrislpp
On second though why the fleck didn't you do the CW ages ago and leave tonight opened to get hammered?

I've got exams next week as well so...
Make a drinking game out of it.

Comma: 1 shot
Semi-colon: 2 shots
Apostrophe on end of plural: Finish drink.
It's your choice.
Nobody can force you.
Just accept the fact that you will probably not be able to get your coursework done tonight.

The sooner you resign to this fact, the sooner you can enjoy your night.

Gd luck mate.
Reply 15

And you can't celebrate another day because....?

Seems like you're making a few excuses here, I'm sure your flatmates will find it easy to "force" you
Reply 16
Just grow a backbone and say no. A deadline is a fixed date while drinking can be enjoyed anytime :smile:
Reply 17
I should imagine if you're at university then you're clearly mature enough to say no to your flatmates , considering you've got coursework. :smile:

Celebrate tomorrow, or the day after!
Reply 18
Tell them to piss off.
Reply 19
How do you stand up with no backbone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending