The Student Room Group

Help please: UEA or Kent for LLB Law?

I need to choose a "safety net" university and they are both so similar, both requiring AAB, same amount of students, teaching staff and all.
I have never been to either of the universities; I am an international student.
I was wondering if you could help me choose? Which one of them do you personally prefer? In terms of location, campus and all?
If you could also give me some details about each unis, i'd be very grateful!
Bump! I'd really like to know which one is more preferred for its law course, as I'm also faced with a similar decision. I'm also an international student and from what I hear they're quite similar to each other in many regards.

So I'm pretty stumped here. Which one?
Reply 2
Hi, I will tell you at the start that I am a student a Kent and am therefore going to be biased. The teaching at Kent is fantastic and the law school was ranked highly in rankings over recent years. All of the staff that i have encountered have been very friendly and helpful and one of our lecturers also won the Law Lecturer of the Year award this year. In terms of location the campus is at the top of a hill overlooking the city of Canterbury which in my opinion is a beautiful city. The view from the library is that of Canterbury Cathedral which allows students something to inspire themselves as it is in the cathedral that we all graduate.
I'm afraid I can't offer much with regards UEA as I have never been but from what I have heard the teaching standard and law school are held much in the same regard as Kent.
Hope this helps.
Reply 3
I know two lawyers (one barrister and one fellow at an Oxford college) who studied law at Kent. They both spoke highly of their experience. I would go for Kent.
Reply 4
I, too, just like Adam, am at Kent and agree with everything that has been said above. I have nothing bad to say about studying at Kent to date.

Additionally, there is also a yearly law fair, just for the University, which is attended by a good cross section of firms, ranging from "magic circle" right through to local and regional firms. There's also a regular stream of visiting alumni who have gone on to do a variety of things, both legal and non-legal but some of which are now partners at well respected London firms. You may also find this of use for your comparison: http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/

Quick Reply

Latest