Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you still meet/talk to your early childhood (till 7 years old) friends?

Announcements Posted on
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just realised that I don't. But I still meet my middle childhood (from around 7 to 11 years old) friends. Seems like when you change work/school or set off to university you are bound to lose a great amount of friends. Isn't that sad?
    Well, answer to the topic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No I don't, but that's just life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    one of my closest friends and i met in reception went same primary/secondary and college now ... id laugh if we went same uni as we r doing same course. however meeting someone u aint met in 5 yrs + is too wierd ... nothing to talk about just smile at eachother till someone ****s off
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think about this every few months and it makes me feel like ****. I pretty much grew up with some of these people (from reception to sixth form) and I miss them loads but I'll probably never talk to them again.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only one, we're good friends - we have coffee/lunch from time to time. When we meet up it's as if we're back in school again and no time has passed - same sense of humour and views on life, we both ended up at the same uni doing different courses though. Everyone else from my school days have changed a lot, quite a lot of my school friends have got kids now and we've drifted apart and the others are busy working and we don't have the the same interests anymore - nothing in common.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    I just realised that I don't. But I still meet my middle childhood (from around 7 to 11 years old) friends. Seems like when you change work/school or set off to university you are bound to lose a great amount of friends. Isn't that sad?
    Still in (occasional) contact with 3 friends I've known since I was 4 years old, don't often meet them though perhaps twice a year at the most.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I don't have any friends tbh, mostly acquaintences.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am still friends with 1 person however we don't talk as much and aren't that close anymore ... times change.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well isn't this nice.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I moved countries which was pretty sad

Oh well, that's life I guess
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_master616)
    Nope. I don't have any friends tbh, mostly acquaintences.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I see some of my old friends on the bus I'll say hi, but I didn't go to my local comp so I stopped talking to a lot of my old friends not long after starting secondary school. You just have to make new friends and move on :/
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still regularly talk to and see one friend I made when I was 6/7 as we went to the same school as each other until we were 16 and had the same group of friends. She's the only person from my primary school that I still talk to because she was the only one to go to my secondary school and she was the only one I really got on with anyway. I have two friends who lived down my road who I've known since I was 8 and then I made friends with all my other friends from 11 onwards.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I live opposite my old best friend, but we hardly ever speak to each other. We don't really have anything to talk about now. We went to the same high school, stayed in the same friendship group but just drifted apart. It's sad but thats just life.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive known one of ma homies since i was like 3, we still pretty tight.

Edit: negged for ma use of "slang" yeah?, well.... suck out.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppy_Ki)
    I live opposite my old best friend, but we hardly ever speak to each other. We don't really have anything to talk about now. We went to the same high school, stayed in the same friendship group but just drifted apart. It's sad but thats just life.
    :sad:

I've known my best friend since primary school, and I doubt we'll ever lose contact. I have however, lost contact with most of my early childhood friends
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    I guess. For me its been more a case of that I only now talk to the people from school that are my actual friends.. and even with some of those I'm starting to lose contact. But I suppose you go on, you make new friends. Nothing ever stays the same; its great but sucks at the same time.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Still best friends with my oldest friend. The friendship group around us have evolved and settling down after about 13 but the two of us have always stuck together.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    A good friend of mine that I've known since we were 4 (we both turn 21 in the next 3 weeks) just invited me to her wedding this year
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember them :erm:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 21, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Share your study tips

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.