Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you still meet/talk to your early childhood (till 7 years old) friends?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    One of my best friends I've known since i was about 4 years old and I still talk to her all the time now - We went to the same nursery, infant school, junior school and secondary school, so I think thats played a really big part in it.
    All my other really good friends though I made much later, throughout secondary school and sixth form.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still consider a lot of the friends I was with right at the start of primary school to be my best ones (about 8 to 10 of us) plus more added along the way at secondary, 6th form and uni. I don't know if that's unusual or not, we've just always stuck together. Haven't seen them much recently due to me living in a different part of the country now for my phd, but they'll always be my good mates
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The very first friends I ever had, are the only friends I have been consistently friends with. We grew up together and have been friends for most of our lives and probably will remain that way. I've lost touch with many of my school friends and various sports teams and clubs I've been apart of. People tend to come and go throughout your life and only a few remain friends for life suppose. :dontknow:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was really good friends with a boy when we were nursery age, but he moved away. Anyway in the last few months i've found him on facebook and we've started talking again
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a few friends who I've known since before I was 7, but I don't really talk to them that often or neither am I that close to them anymore.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually, the majority of my close friends from that period have moved countries, one went to Ireland, another to Australia, and another to Holland.

If I had ended up at Kent Uni I would have gone with a girl I've known and been to school with since nursery all the way to A2. We don't speak very often now, we used to be really good friends. My best friend I've known since I was around 8, she's the only one I speak to and meet regularly.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My university town is the 5th place I've lived, all my friends I talk to more than once a month I've known for 4 and a half years or less
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    just the 2, which i think is good comparing other responses.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    I just realised that I don't. But I still meet my middle childhood (from around 7 to 11 years old) friends. Seems like when you change work/school or set off to university you are bound to lose a great amount of friends. Isn't that sad?
    Well, answer to the topic.
    I do...but its a weird story!

I'm from a forces family, so lived in Military camps growing up and had a best friend between the ages of 4-7 in Germany.

I left there, moved to England and went to boarding school. Left there at 11 (don' talk to those friends anymore) and went to another boarding school which I then left after completing A2's.

When I started my GCSE's this kid started in the year below me. And even though he was 14. A good 7 years older. I knew it was him

We found it really funny that we had ended up in the same country and school! I still talk to him occasionally. But we aren't 'friends' anymore. But still get on!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've known both of my best friends since infant school.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diving_queen)
    I do...but its a weird story!

I'm from a forces family, so lived in Military camps growing up and had a best friend between the ages of 4-7 in Germany.

I left there, moved to England and went to boarding school. Left there at 11 (don' talk to those friends anymore) and went to another boarding school which I then left after completing A2's.

When I started my GCSE's this kid started in the year below me. And even though he was 14. A good 7 years older. I knew it was him

We found it really funny that we had ended up in the same country and school! I still talk to him occasionally. But we aren't 'friends' anymore. But still get on!
    That must have been hard.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    I think about this every few months and it makes me feel like ****. I pretty much grew up with some of these people (from reception to sixth form) and I miss them loads but I'll probably never talk to them again.
    Love your sig, haha!
    • 91 followers

There's a few (I can think of 3) who I will still see once or twice a year and have nights out with. It's nice as we almost are all scattered around the UK now so when we are all home and can go out I enjoy it.

Also, does meeting my bf when I was 18 months old, and him 9 months old then meeting each other again 16 years later count?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have one of them on my fb, but I haven't seen her now for about 3 and a half years, and she barely speaks to me on facebook at all these days. We lived on the same street from the ages of 3 until 19, at one point we were totally inseparable. Things change though.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    That must have been hard.
    Not really. Because they were so safe (huge fence around them, everyone knew EVERYONE. Men with guns on entrance etc etc) we children had 100% free reign. It was literally like 'Bye Mum see you later' Boom. Gone! She knew we would never be far.

It was quite a cool childhood

Then sucked when I hit teenage hood and the harsh reality of having no friends at home sunk in :P
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope, because I didn't really have friends till I was 7, when one of my best friends moved to my school.

Sure, I had people come to my birthday parties, but that was more because all our mums were friends.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope, because I moved to a different area when I was 6 and barely even remember anyone from earlier than that age

I don't particularly find it sad though; probably because my current friends are just as amazing as any friends I could possibly have
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No I don't and I don't miss them.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    i dont talk to much of my primary school friends that often as i would like, but i still regularly keep in contact with my secondary school friends who i have known since i was 11! And its still fun going out with them :moon:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only really one

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 21, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.