The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mendeleev's Table
I'm going to ignore the fact that you don't know what comprehension is and reiterate what .exe said. This thread was resurrected for the same reason it started. Leave the thread dead

Given your last post, and indeed your one above, I'd advise for you to do the same. As for this thread, I did not resurrect it, nor am I the one keeping it alive, as I believe you too have continued to it. You want to "leave the thread dead", stop commenting and so shall I. But alas, for you to understand this latter point, I'm assuming you'd need to have basic English comprehension skills, which I of course won't press you on any more.

In an attempt to label the monarchy as leeches, when in this case they are not.

Debatable to say the least, if not completely false.
I can completely understand your resent, in times of austerity a £60 million yacht for the Queen is ill-timed and unacceptable, however for me personally, being the empiricist that I am, I think the British monarchy is a good thing and something Britain should be proud of and celebrate. After all it's not an absolute monarchy like Saudi Arabia or Bahrain, it's purely constitutional and only costs each taxpayer 62p, £200 million in total, but makes up for it through tourism; the Monarchy earns Britain £500million a year from tourists visiting Royal attractions; more so when there are weddings, jubilees etc.
Original post by MirandaPanda
Given your last post, and indeed your one above, I'd advise for you to do the same. As for this thread, I did not resurrect it, nor am I the one keeping it alive, as I believe you too have continued to it. You want to "leave the thread dead", stop commenting and so shall I. But alas, for you to understand this latter point, I'm assuming you'd need to have basic English comprehension skills, which I of course won't press you on any more.

Debatable to say the least, if not completely false.

:yawn: you're using words way out of context. I think this is bordering spam and I am no spammer, so if you really want the last word so badly, you can have it......now......
Original post by gateshipone
Well that's not really an accident since all those sperm are heading to the same place and have the same goal. An accident would be a sperm wandering around admiring the decor and bumping into the egg because they were distracted.

But it's an accident in the sense that the sperms don't have conscious will, and as such there's no real reason for any of them to hit the egg before any other one. It didn't have to be that particular sperm.
Gove can pay for it if he wants

Latest

Trending

Trending