The Student Room Group

American war crimes.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by scoutzawwar
The fact that one attempts to sugarcoat their actions with the saying "War on terror".
And the other is open about their actions.
None of them have regard for the life of civilians.

I don't sympathise with the taliban nor do I support them, but unlike the US their actions are not hidden.

And we hear about the war crimes all the time from the US and nobody has the power or courage to do anything.

People say the same about civilians in afghanistan etc.

Thank allah for wikileaks
Reply 61
Original post by chrislpp
And we hear about the war crimes all the time from the US and nobody has the power or courage to do anything.

People say the same about civilians in afghanistan etc.

Thank allah for wikileaks

Don't thank Allah.

Thank PVT Bradley Manning who will go to Prison for years. He is the brave one.
Original post by Steevee
Really? You're honestly making that argument?

You think pissing on a corpse makes them as bad as the people that intentionally target civilians? That stone women and men for being seen together if they're not married? It makes themk as bad as the people who kill men for teaching girls to read and write? It makes them as bad as the people that use women and children as human shields?

If you think pissing on a corpse is equal to those crimes then you sir, have one seriously ****ed up moral compass.

You have a very black and white view of the world. For a start know one really knows with any certainty what the dead PEOPLE who were pissed did, or if they deserved it or not.
Reply 63
Original post by anonstudent1
You have a very black and white view of the world. For a start know one really knows with any certainty what the dead PEOPLE who were pissed did, or if they deserved it or not.

Well, you cannot know a lot of things with absolute certainty. I think that is a given.

Considering, virtually all News Channels are reporting them as Taliban soldiers, then I think it is safe to say they are Taliban.

I am not sure what major difference it makes if they deserved it or not. They pissed on a dead body. They will be punished accordingly.
Reply 64
Original post by anonstudent1

The people were reported as Taliban fighters< I think we can be sure of the type of things they were doing :colonhash:
Pissig on anyone is a crime that is just disgusting i mean what the taliban stood for was wrong and killing them was the only option but pissing on them is like dancing on their graves. And secondly they should be punished due to the problems it could cause i mean if it was the other way round the u.s would practically have blown them up by now
Original post by Rgman27
So because Al Qaeda dragged American corpses on the back of the car then...?

I don't see understand why the actions of Al Qaeda or the Muslim world in general should be used a moral barometer for the actions of our own troops.

They arnt- however i rarely see critism of their treatment of victims/kidnapees/ soldiers by said users. Critism seems reserved for american soldiers - so i was pointing out the hypocracy.
as i said above, i find the idea of urinating on a dead insurgents classless, but i dont see it something to make a fuss about - there are far more serious matters going on in the war on terrror
Reply 67
Original post by Steevee
:rolleyes:

And what happens when they admit a war crime has taken place? Idiots like you start screaming about the US being the terrorists and that they should nenever leave their own borders. They can't win. They hold their hands up to mistakes, they're the bad guys, they don't, they're the bad guys. Because people like you cannot accept mistakes, or singular incidents, everything is an action of the entire US.

And once again, the US does have regard for civilian life, it just doesn't surpass it's regard for it's own wellbeing as a nation. So yes, you;re right, people with the ultimate respect for civilian life would surely never engage in conflict. But there are the small issues of delaing with worse people and securing your own national and international interests.

And far criminals are punished :rolleyes:

When the US admits a war crime has taken place, do you really think that they would attempt to at least rectify the situation? They won't.

You say the soldiers get punished? How can you be so sure? I am pretty sure you are not the judge and jury of the court that tries them :rolleyes:
Reply 68
When the US admits a war crime has taken place, do you really think that they would attempt to at least rectify the situation? They won't.

You say the soldiers get punished? How can you be so sure? I am pretty sure you are not the judge and jury of the court that tries them :rolleyes:

Because it has happened many times :facepalm2:
Reply 69
Original post by Steevee
Because it has happened many times :facepalm2:

Instead of acting like a drama queen, post sources.
Reply 70
Instead of acting like a drama queen, post sources.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/terrorism-security/2010/0910/US-soldiers-charged-with-murdering-civilians-in-Afghanistan-war

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2006/jul2006/iraq-j10.shtml

There's two easily found examples. When US soldiers are found to have committed war crimes, they are charged and prosecuted.
Reply 71
Original post by Steevee
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/terrorism-security/2010/0910/US-soldiers-charged-with-murdering-civilians-in-Afghanistan-war

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2006/jul2006/iraq-j10.shtml

There's two easily found examples. When US soldiers are found to have committed war crimes, they are charged and prosecuted.

Not once in either source is it mentioned that they were prosecuted, do you even bother going through your sources?
Reply 72
Not once in either source is it mentioned that they were prosecuted, do you even bother going through your sources?

They're charged, one follows the other.
Reply 73
Original post by Steevee
They're charged, one follows the other.

One incident happened a year back, the other 5 years.

I am sure you can find another "source" in which it is mentioned they were prosecuted :rolleyes:
Reply 74
One incident happened a year back, the other 5 years.

I am sure you can find another &quot;source&quot; in which it is mentioned they were prosecuted :rolleyes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/calvin-gibbs-soldier-_n_1087180.html
Reply 75

Thanks for more proof of the war crimes committed, would you still defend these soldiers saying that they were fighting against in mentally challenging situations?

Sentenced to life but parole after 9 years, you gott love American Justice :rolleyes:
Reply 76
Thanks for more proof of the war crimes committed, would you still defend these soldiers saying that they were fighting against in mentally challenging situations?

Sentenced to life but parole after 9 years, you gott love American Justice :rolleyes:

It's ok. See, I'm happy to admit they happen. And it's very sad, but they do. And when they do, the perpatrators are prosecuted. The US takes all reasonable action, sadly they lack the ability to forsee the future and stop these rouge soldiers before they commit crimes, though that seems to be what you expect of them. And yes.

Better than Taliban justice. Stoning to death for being seen with an unrelated male, beheading for teaching girls to write....
Reply 77
Original post by Steevee
It's ok. See, I'm happy to admit they happen. And it's very sad, but they do. And when they do, the perpatrators are prosecuted. The US takes all reasonable action, sadly they lack the ability to forsee the future and stop these rouge soldiers before they commit crimes, though that seems to be what you expect of them. And yes.

Better than Taliban justice. Stoning to death for being seen with an unrelated male, beheading for teaching girls to write....

You gave me 2 sources before this one in which soldiers that committed crime were not prosecuted, and yet you speak of reasonable action. The reasonable action in this case would be to sentence the soldier to a hanging, the crimes he committed were that gruesome.

Taliban has no "justice" they simply do what they feel like doing, you seem to forget that the US represents a country whereas Taliban a group of extremists.
Reply 78
You gave me 2 sources before this one in which soldiers that committed crime were not prosecuted, and yet you speak of reasonable action. The reasonable action in this case would be to sentence the soldier to a hanging, the crimes he committed were that gruesome.

Taliban has no &quot;justice&quot; they simply do what they feel like doing, you seem to forget that the US represents a country whereas Taliban a group of extremists.

They were charged, did the source say they were not prosecuted? THat's a matter of opinion, it's down to the justice system to decide, not you.

I think you need to do some research on the Taliban. They were an Islamist political regime in power in Afghanistan and recognised by other Islamic nations.
Reply 79
Original post by Steevee
They were charged, did the source say they were not prosecuted? THat's a matter of opinion, it's down to the justice system to decide, not you.

I think you need to do some research on the Taliban. They were an Islamist political regime in power in Afghanistan and recognised by other Islamic nations.

You are an American judge, your case is to judge 2 soldiers that raped a teenager, and killed her and her family. The victims in this case are Iraqis. You do know that the crime of rape is punishable by death, what would your verdict be keeping in mind that this is a military case and the victim in question is dead? I am sure I can guess the verdict :rolleyes:

The taliban were not recognised politically from 2001. I am sure the crimes they committed which you heard about are after that date. From that date onwards they were an extremist group, nothing more.

Quick Reply

Latest