The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Adds102
Well hopefully, don't see any reason why I wouldn't get accepted! (does that sound cocky? haha)

All I know is about the Paragon halls which are in Brentford, can't apply for this september yet though.

nah it doesn't :biggrin:.. I just meant that if you sent it two weeks ago which was near the end date for ucas then maybe it might take a long time but it shouldn't.. idk but good luck :smile:

wait- wa- what?! where do we stay then?!!
(edited 12 years ago)
St Mary's Road Campus
London
Reply 21
Original post by JJames
Do you already live in London?

I'm definitely phoning up. I really don't like waiting around... :P

yeah I chose the unis as they're close to home.. :wink:

act don't think im going to LSBU thing coz I got school.. :/ why are unis crap at planning? should be in the half term!

That's good idea, same :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by hannahchan
yeah I chose the unis as they're close to home.. :wink:

act don't think im going to LSBU thing coz I got school.. :/ why are unis crap at planning? should be in the half term!

That's good idea, same :smile:

Oh :frown: That sucks. College are giving me the day off for it :biggrin:
Reply 23
nah it doesn't :biggrin:.. I just meant that if you sent it two weeks ago which was near the end date for ucas then maybe it might take a long time but it shouldn't.. idk but good luck :smile:

wait- wa- what?! where do we stay then?!!

As in there's no application form for this september yet, probably be coming out in a couple of months.
Reply 24
Original post by Adds102
As in there's no application form for this september yet, probably be coming out in a couple of months.

Oh.. I see.. phew :wink:..

so where else have you applied apart from West London?
Reply 25
Original post by JJames
Oh :frown: That sucks. College are giving me the day off for it :biggrin:

That's lucky!!! :frown:.. Have fun! Hope you have fun tomorrow :biggrin:.
Reply 26
That's lucky!!! :frown:.. Have fun! Hope you have fun tomorrow :biggrin:.

Thanks :P Sorry you can't make it though. That's lame... :frown:
Reply 27
Boy at this rate there is gonna be a University of South London. That would be a blast. Campus in Brixton specializing in BSc ghetto economics and PhD heroin synthesis.
Applied for UWL, doing Music Performance and Composition. Still waiting for a response, shouldn't be too long now
Reply 29
Hi all,

I realise you have your hearts set on West London, but I just wanted to share my experiences of the interview process with you.

I applied to do a Postgrad diploma in nursing (and have since been accepted) at the uni and was invited to an interview with other prospective nursing students. I have been to three other interviews so have been able to compare the inefficiency of the day with that of the excellent systems of the other uni's.

The day before, I phoned up to double check that parking was allowed on campus, just as the website denotes, and was told once more that it was perfectly ok to park on campus. Upon arriving I was told off for sitting in a specific chair in the lobby, then criticized by the admissions tutor for making a small talk joke about the weather. Once it was discovered that I had parked on campus, the admissions tutor said I had to move my car- which I did, to a £1 per hour car park around the corner.

They day then proceeded to drag on and on with very little happening as they "waited" for other students to arrive (we were told to arrive before 8.30 and they thought it would be considerate to wait for stragglers who arrived at 10am, which about three people did.) The group discussion was TERRIBLE; there were too many people and too little time to get it properly going. I mean no offence, but because I am a postgrad and was mixed in with undergrads, I felt the intelligence level of the debate couldn't really life off the ground from "it is very bad to withhold healthcare from people".

The presentation that the tutor gave regarding the course was totally inapplicable to my course, and when I requested to speak to someone who knew about the course, I was given 5 minutes with the woman, then ordered to "come back in now!" by the admissions tutor...I still don't understand the structure of the course, but then again I dont think they do either.

After a series of many, many breaks, we returned to the classroom for a great deal of waiting for our one to one interviews. The (by this time) extremely rude admissions tutor kept ensuring that i'd be up next, as I had to get on the m25 before rush hour and my parking would run out. When it got to 4pm (7.5hrs in attendance and only 1hr of actual interview activity), I requested that I go and put more money in the parking meter but was denied the 'privilege' of leaving.

The most frustrating part of the day was when I got back to my car at 16.32 to find a parking ticket from 16.23, and when I then checked my emails on my phone, an email from City University saying I had been accepted, also had come through at 16.23. If only it had come through 9 hours earlier, then I wouldn't have had to go through this terrible day and have a whopping great £60 fine to pay, which by the way, the University have refused to pay for- no surprises there.

Having spoken to a few others on the interview circuit, they've experienced the same kind of disorganisation, and i'm told that this extends to the teaching practices of the healthcare department.

I mainly just wanted to make people aware that UWL is a NEW university, who aren't yet fully organised, so please be prepared if you are to accept an offer from them.
Reply 30
Original post by Wave
Boy at this rate there is gonna be a University of South London. That would be a blast. Campus in Brixton specializing in BSc ghetto economics and PhD heroin synthesis.

Loool.. :smile:.. Wonder who would go there?
Reply 31
Original post by EcclesRose
Applied for UWL, doing Music Performance and Composition. Still waiting for a response, shouldn't be too long now

well I've been waiting since end of december.

:/ Hope your right..
Reply 32
Original post by Sovrov
Hi all,

I realise you have your hearts set on West London, but I just wanted to share my experiences of the interview process with you.

I applied to do a Postgrad diploma in nursing (and have since been accepted) at the uni and was invited to an interview with other prospective nursing students. I have been to three other interviews so have been able to compare the inefficiency of the day with that of the excellent systems of the other uni's.

The day before, I phoned up to double check that parking was allowed on campus, just as the website denotes, and was told once more that it was perfectly ok to park on campus. Upon arriving I was told off for sitting in a specific chair in the lobby, then criticized by the admissions tutor for making a small talk joke about the weather. Once it was discovered that I had parked on campus, the admissions tutor said I had to move my car- which I did, to a £1 per hour car park around the corner.

They day then proceeded to drag on and on with very little happening as they "waited" for other students to arrive (we were told to arrive before 8.30 and they thought it would be considerate to wait for stragglers who arrived at 10am, which about three people did.) The group discussion was TERRIBLE; there were too many people and too little time to get it properly going. I mean no offence, but because I am a postgrad and was mixed in with undergrads, I felt the intelligence level of the debate couldn't really life off the ground from "it is very bad to withhold healthcare from people".

The presentation that the tutor gave regarding the course was totally inapplicable to my course, and when I requested to speak to someone who knew about the course, I was given 5 minutes with the woman, then ordered to "come back in now!" by the admissions tutor...I still don't understand the structure of the course, but then again I dont think they do either.

After a series of many, many breaks, we returned to the classroom for a great deal of waiting for our one to one interviews. The (by this time) extremely rude admissions tutor kept ensuring that i'd be up next, as I had to get on the m25 before rush hour and my parking would run out. When it got to 4pm (7.5hrs in attendance and only 1hr of actual interview activity), I requested that I go and put more money in the parking meter but was denied the 'privilege' of leaving.

The most frustrating part of the day was when I got back to my car at 16.32 to find a parking ticket from 16.23, and when I then checked my emails on my phone, an email from City University saying I had been accepted, also had come through at 16.23. If only it had come through 9 hours earlier, then I wouldn't have had to go through this terrible day and have a whopping great £60 fine to pay, which by the way, the University have refused to pay for- no surprises there.

Having spoken to a few others on the interview circuit, they've experienced the same kind of disorganisation, and i'm told that this extends to the teaching practices of the healthcare department.

I mainly just wanted to make people aware that UWL is a NEW university, who aren't yet fully organised, so please be prepared if you are to accept an offer from them.

Woahh that sounds terrible! :s-smilie:. £60 fine?!!!!! You should demand your money back and tell them the errors on their website. Hopefully you got refunded some of it?

and the people don't seem very professional or nice.. even to a postgrad??

Maybe it's not a good choice but it's the only other one for me if I don't make it to 1st choice.

Anyway thank you for the warning and advice for everyone :biggrin: (positive rep).. it's very much appreciated and probably needed as the time taken for UCAS seems to be reflected in this. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by JJames
Thanks :P Sorry you can't make it though. That's lame... :frown:

yeah it was hahaa.. did you like the uni then?
Reply 34
yeah it was hahaa.. did you like the uni then?

It was alright, but the presentation and so on were boring haha... :O
(edited 12 years ago)
well I've been waiting since end of december.

:/ Hope your right..

I only sent my UCAS off about 10 days before the deadline, so I think so. I got a auto response email the other day as well, saying they're aiming to sort through the applications through the next few days, did you get that?
Reply 37
Original post by EcclesRose
I only sent my UCAS off about 10 days before the deadline, so I think so. I got a auto response email the other day as well, saying they're aiming to sort through the applications through the next few days, did you get that?

Yes I think everyone does.. but i don't think it's really true..

Like sovrov points out.. :s-smilie: :smile:
Reply 38

Thanks :smile: .. already looked at that but doesn't seem like it's happening..

I guess I'll just wait until march and if nothing then just phone..

Hope they actually give me time to put a portfolio together.. no point making it if they aren't gonna give me a conditional offer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by JJames
It was alright, but the presentation and so on were boring haha... :O

Lool.. well it usually is.. :biggrin:.. It's good that you've seen it now so know what to expect!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending