The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gcayte
I found the last page alright... which is making me worried that Ive done it completely wrong :frown:
I just drew a Venn Diagram for the first bit.
Then when C was introduce I multiplied the chance of A+B by the chance of C when A+B happen.
For the last bit I added the above, the chance of A*C,B*C and 0.55 (A+B)
Is this all completely wrong? :redface:

you know there was a normal dist. question after the probability one, it wasn't the last page?
Original post by Gcayte
1) probably correct
2) definitely incorrect
3) probably incorrect

Not sure if this is right though :redface:

Thats what I put - I only realised afterwards that we only got 3 marks, I wrote an explanatory paragraph for each :frown:

As for the probability a)i) question, I got 0.1 by doing 1- 0.9.
0.9 was my answer for P(At least 1 plays), however I don't know if this was the correct method or not - I think the probability of at least 1 playing was ii), which I thought was strange that I'd need to work it out to find a)i) then rewrite my working for ii).
Reply 82
Original post by isitinyet?
you know there was a normal dist. question after the probability one, it wasn't the last page?

ah right, sorry my memory is awful.
was that the really long one?
how did you find the binomial distribution question? I did the first bit alright, then the interpreting bit I had no idea what to put :redface:
Reply 83
Original post by George K
Thats what I put - I only realised afterwards that we only got 3 marks, I wrote an explanatory paragraph for each :frown:

0.9 was my answer for P(At least 1 plays), however I don't know if this was the correct method or not - I think the probability of at least 1 playing was ii), which I thought was strange that I'd need to work it out to find a)i) then rewrite my working for ii).

nawr, I just wrote a little comment, like why I put what I did.
I was quite happy with the least squares regression question for 5 marks :cool:
ah right, I thought it was worded a little funny, and for the last part I got a really big value like 0.95 or something, so I think I may have done something wrong...
Ive always hated Stats though :tongue:
Original post by Gcayte
For this I drew a cumulative frequency graph/curve.
I did the same thing, it was just a bit more exact, like for IQ I got 1.85 or something.
Do you think Ill still get the marks? :redface:

sorry, i dont think so :frown:
Original post by George K

loooks similar to what i put:smile:
Reply 86
Original post by mathslover1
sorry, i dont think so :frown:

fail :redface:
nevermind.... :tongue:
Original post by Gcayte
fail :redface:
nevermind.... :tongue:

im sure youve done well on the other questions :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by mathslover1
im sure youve done well on the other questions :smile:

hopefully! :smile:
If not I can make up my grade with C1 & C2 :cool:
Original post by Gcayte
ah right, sorry my memory is awful.
was that the really long one?
how did you find the binomial distribution question? I did the first bit alright, then the interpreting bit I had no idea what to put :redface:

i can't remember it, what was the question about?
Reply 90
sorry my bad guys my method was different because i had a graphical calculator also you know for the question where you had divide 65/1.64 i didn't do that i multiplied instead but i did my standarising and everything else will i still get method marks? Also, for the 1 question for b i go change data to continous will that get me a mark?
Reply 91
Original post by isitinyet?
i can't remember it, what was the question about?

no idea, i didnt really read the information :redface:
I may be going through the paper tomorrow, so Ill make a note of the questions and what my teacher says the answers are :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by AliAli_264
sorry my bad guys my method was different because i had a graphical calculator also you know for the question where you had divide 65/1.64 i didn't do that i multiplied instead but i did my standarising and everything else will i still get method marks? Also, for the 1 question for b i go change data to continous will that get me a mark?

You will probably get some method marks, if the mistake you made was clear.
Not sure, it may do, but they may want you to explain it further :redface:
How much was the page after probablilties worth>? I ran out of time and kind of forgot it :|
Reply 94
Original post by gurjitsingh
How much was the page after probablilties worth>? I ran out of time and kind of forgot it :|

A lot, say 6-8 marks..
Reply 95

11 marks in total
Heyy I did statistics s1b,

sorry just asking:confused:
Original post by thedifferenatiator
Sort of agree...
The first question was akward because I can't remember being taught it or doing it on a past paper.

the rest of the page was easy, but you needed the answer(s) from the first part to even attempt them!

huge loss of 14 marks otherwise id have easily gotten over 85%+ :frown:

i nooo... thats exactly the same problem that I had.... I absolutely hate questions like that, that link to one another because if you get the first question wrong ... the rest of it's wrong...

I hope the grade boundaries are low....
Original post by Gcayte
I found the last page alright... which is making me worried that Ive done it completely wrong :frown:
I just drew a Venn Diagram for the first bit.
Then when C was introduce I multiplied the chance of A+B by the chance of C when A+B happen.
For the last bit I added the above, the chance of A*C,B*C and 0.55 (A+B)
Is this all completely wrong? :redface:

which question are you talking about sorry... Im talking about the conference interval and that formular thingy... question 7)...:confused:

This exam was hard...
Reply 99
Original post by coolcat2727
which question are you talking about sorry... Im talking about the conference interval and that formular thingy... question 7)...:confused:

This exam was hard...

Sorry, I was on about the probability one, Im not sure of question numbers.
For the confidence interval did you do it in thousands? Because it was for wages? Can you remember what you kinda got? :colondollar:

And I agree.

Latest

Trending

Trending