The Student Room Group

Why does he avoid me just because someone asked him if he liked me?

My friend ignores me because someone asked him if he liked me. I don't get it. Why can't he let it go? I'm fine with him not liking me if that's the case. I just hate the way we don't talk now because of one stupid question.

I feel so angry about it. :angry: I didn't think it'd be such a big deal. But obviously to him it's ****ing serious what he got asked. Wow. Someone asked him if he liked me!! And what!! GET OVER IT!! :angry:
Reply 1
Aw calm down and give it time. He's probably trying to distance himself from you because he is worried that his actions would lead you into liking him more when he doesn't feel the same. Did you ask this person to ask him if he liked you? This sort of stuff puts pressure on a person so I think if you really like someone it's actually best to keep it as low key as possible and tell very few people...it means you have more control over the situation and people won't intervene to the point of making it awkward.
Reply 2
Original post by Lucia.
Aw calm down and give it time. He's probably trying to distance himself from you because he is worried that his actions would lead you into liking him more when he doesn't feel the same. Did you ask this person to ask him if he liked you? This sort of stuff puts pressure on a person so I think if you really like someone it's actually best to keep it as low key as possible and tell very few people...it means you have more control over the situation and people won't intervene to the point of making it awkward.

Nah, I've given him plenty of time to get over it. It's been over a year now!! Do I need to give him more time lol. Noo of course I didn't ask the person to ask him if he liked me. I don't even speak to the person that did ask him. The fact that he's still acting awkward about it is quite weird because I don't think that's a genuine reason to ignore someone, and be an arse about it. It's just called getting over it and moving on from otherwise it's always gonna be awkward. Doubt he realises that to be honest. He wouldn't think that I like him in that way. I just want us to friends and not to fall out over something so dumb. Didn't think a question like that could make things so damn complicated between two people. Ffs :angry:
Reply 3
Original post by Lucia.

I forgot to say...he said that he got worried that this person was going to tell everyone. I don't get that. Worried about what? What's that supposed to mean? For the love of God, he needs to get a grip!!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Nah, I've given him plenty of time to get over it. It's been over a year now!! Do I need to give him more time lol. Noo of course I didn't ask the person to ask him if he liked me. I don't even speak to the person that did ask him. The fact that he's still acting awkward about it is quite weird because I don't think that's a genuine reason to ignore someone, and be an arse about it. It's just called getting over it and moving on from otherwise it's always gonna be awkward. Doubt he realises that to be honest. He wouldn't think that I like him in that way. I just want us to friends and not to fall out over something so dumb. Didn't think a question like that could make things so damn complicated between two people. Ffs :angry:

Oh yeah I wasn't aware it had been that long. You didn't mention it in your original post. I can understand how upset you are but I was only asking you those questions to try and clarify the situation since I don't know.

Perhaps it's best just to not let it bother you and put it down to experience. It sounds like he's acting quite immaturely to let it get to him for that long (sounds pretty high school to me). The best thing might be to rise above it and know that you're the better person. How did you know the person asked? Did he bring it up to you? How did you act after you found out about what happened and after you say he started acting strangely? (Just want to hear all sides of the story)

Going by what you said, it's totally silly and immature that he's acting in that way. Is it possible to talk to him about it or would that be too awkward?
Reply 5
I forgot to say...he said that he got worried that this person was going to tell everyone. I don't get that. Worried about what? What's that supposed to mean? For the love of God, he needs to get a grip!!

I agree. He sounds really immature and just not a good genuine guy. It's horrible that he would be embarrassed by someone liking him and want to hide it. That definitely says more about him than it does about you. Be relieved that you didn't have to date him if he's like that!!
From your ranting I can kind of guess why he would be embarrassed to be linked with you.

Sounds like you need to "get a grip".
Reply 7
Original post by Lucia.
Oh yeah I wasn't aware it had been that long. You didn't mention it in your original post. I can understand how upset you are but I was only asking you those questions to try and clarify the situation since I don't know.

Perhaps it's best just to not let it bother you and put it down to experience. It sounds like he's acting quite immaturely to let it get to him for that long (sounds pretty high school to me). The best thing might be to rise above it and know that you're the better person. How did you know the person asked? Did he bring it up to you? How did you act after you found out about what happened and after you say he started acting strangely? (Just want to hear all sides of the story)

Going by what you said, it's totally silly and immature that he's acting in that way. Is it possible to talk to him about it or would that be too awkward?

Tell me about it. It deftly does seem like high school drama. My friend told me that this person asked him. Well at first he said this person asked him if me and him were together :/. Then few months ago, he said this person asked him if he liked me. Something just seemed fishy to me. My friend decided we both should just avoid each other for a few weeks..but I was so confused because I said to him I don't see the point because were not together so therefore there's nothing going on between us in order for us to keep low. He kept acting like an arse after that. He flirted with me, acted cold, stopped speaking to me...this kept happening by the way. I was like WTF!! I have tried to discuss this with him, but he just ignores me. Do you blame me for being pissed off with this ****? I just acted fine throughout all this and tried to talk to him like as though he never even got asked. So what's the problem?
Reply 8
Original post by TheInformer
From your ranting I can kind of guess why he would be embarrassed to be linked with you.

Sounds like you need to "get a grip".

Haha you're another joke as well eh. Why on earth would I need to get a grip? He's the one that acts like a fanny because he got asked that. No normal guy would act immature about it.
Haha you're another joke as well eh. Why on earth would I need to get a grip? He's the one that acts like a fanny because he got asked that. No normal guy would act immature about it.

How old are you?

You're the one acting immature about it, you said it's been a year, get over it.
Reply 10
Original post by Lucia.
I agree. He sounds really immature and just not a good genuine guy. It's horrible that he would be embarrassed by someone liking him and want to hide it. That definitely says more about him than it does about you. Be relieved that you didn't have to date him if he's like that!!

Embarrassed by someone liking him? I don't like him in that way though. So I don't get what the deal is...
Reply 11
He probably thinks that you like him - maybe you even scare him as you are quite 'full on' in your posts?
Reply 12
Embarrassed by someone liking him? I don't like him in that way though. So I don't get what the deal is...

I meant that he's embarrassed by the possibility of you liking him. Don't let it get to you too much although I can understand your frustration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending