The Student Room Group

The Legacy of Runescape

Scroll to see replies

I used to love Runescape :smile: I still venture in every once in a while to do the holiday quests :P
Original post by MyJunkIsYou
Haha! Like the only person I actually know in real life who I ever told I played RS to was another girl who told me she played WoW. Oh the memories though. My friends never understood the reason I never replied to their texts was so I could save my credit (back in the days of pay as you go ) to secretly pay for my membership without telling my parents :tongue:

haha well i had played it a bit before, in like year 6...never told anyone.. but then when i went to my old school year 7-8 pretty much EVERYONE played it.. so it was ok..

maybe my school was weird though, because even though i've never played WoW.. big number of people got into that too and publicly talked about it.. that was like yr9-10 i think? can't remember..

i did the whole text membership in secret too.. :wink: didn't want my parents to find out you had to pay...
Reply 43
Original post by Bellissima
how much are they worth now? i remember i was in the forest thing with a friend and some guy nearby died and dropped it and i grabbed it and he was really annoyed.. because i sent him a message saying "haha i have your hat"... i'm a nice person.

2b

Original post by Tommyjw
Loved runescape when i was like 11-13 or something.

Other people didnt love me, cousin taught me about the wonders of scamming so used to do that all the time.

When Abyssal whips first came out. Told a kid who had 3 that they were trash for a new update and he sold them to me for like 1000 gold each (when they were 10's of millions :colone:)
Selling black trimmed armour but swapping it for black armour and then running away
Buying party hats for 1/10th of the cost because people dont pay attention to the amount of money
Etc.

Good times

Meant to rep -_-

Original post by Just Josh
Woo a fellow 99 runecrafter :biggrin: took me ages to get 99 runecrafting back in the day and then they released ZMI altar like a month later. Used to love that game...

I did nats aha boringg
Ah the fond memories. Was quite an avid Runecrafter myself back in the days (Rank 13 at one point). Stopped playing once free trade/staking came back. Also, wasnt quite happy with what dicing clans were doing to the economy, so decided to pack up as the sense of accomplishment wasnt there anymore.

If your curious my current rsn is: Akashotta136 (was Azeem before).
(edited 12 years ago)
Just thought id share a compilation of pvp drops i recieved during my rs hay days.

Enjoy.

Solo sigil ftw !@!

Note: changed my rsn to azeem at the time, have changed it to akashotta136 atm (original rsn).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bellissima
i did the whole text membership in secret too.. :wink: didn't want my parents to find out you had to pay...

Haha yeh same here! I remember every month going for a walk to the local paper shop to get a £5 phone top up for Runescape membership! Those were the days...
I used to have so many glitchy things happen to me in this game.

Spoiler

Reply 48
Original post by The Perfectionist
Just thought id share a compilation of pvp drops i recieved during my rs hay days.

Enjoy.

Solo sigil ftw !@!

Note: changed my rsn to azeem at the time, have changed it to akashotta136 atm (original rsn).

nice!
Original post by Miracle Day
nice!

Thank You :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by The Perfectionist
Thank You :biggrin:

free st00f pl0x :tongue:

But on a more serious note very nice, finding it very expensive to get 95 pray :frown:
I once got a 3rd age range top from a clue scroll.

Ahhh yeahhhh

It's kinda sad to think just how excited I was about getting, well, the collection of grey pixels you see above.
Reply 52
LOL Noobs
Original post by zezima
LOL Noobs

Run for your life

Original post by zezima
LOL Noobs

Reply 55
I used to be sooooo addicted it was unbelievable, I'd play like 12 hours a day, not go out with friends to play, I used to load it on my crap slow computer that took like 5mins to load it up the night before, wake up early to play LOL, it was on my mind before I'd go to sleep, bad times XD I got over that awhile ago though, before I started my GCSE's thank god lol. I only play in summer now, I did for my year 11 summer in year 12 now :P I got cleaned at the end of last summer so I don't think I'll be into it much, and I got more to do IRL now lol but I'll still play a bit
Original post by KingGoonIan
Grow out of it?!

I was and kinda still am in a clan of mature players, most of them are in their 30s-50s and there are lots of other clans full of players of the same age. Runescape has a large mature community and I don't think any of them will be growing out of it anytime soon. This year is my first proper year where I've not played because of entry to University but I still check in but only to talk to old friends.

Is it a famous RSC clan?
Original post by AkaJetson
Is it a famous RSC clan?

Not really.

Just another mature clan really made up of some really old and good friends.
Reply 58
Great memories from Runescape. :emo:
Reply 59
This game used to be kinda cool as a child until I realised all it is is click click click and the best way to get high levels fast is to bot which defeats the object of the game.

Quick Reply

Latest