The Student Room Group

The Legacy of Runescape

Scroll to see replies

I loved that game, until I started playing WoW.

The most fun times had to be while blowing the cave walls in castle wars and killing my own team. :colone:
Reply 121
The time I got scammed out of rune platelegs with the green trim for 10004 gold when I thought it was 1000k. Worst moment ever :'(

After that I just scammed noobs, taking them into a dark tunnel and making em turn out their lights so moles attacked them was a favourite when they had all their expensive stuff with the, hehe

I was a free player for ages, until about level 80 so just went around the wilderness 'Pking' then I went members, and made loads of money out of killing dragons and selling their bones. I think I quit with 20 mil money and sold my account to a friend for a tenner as he was convinced if he sold it on eBay he would get more. And he got £7 for it haha
Original post by Tzarchasm
It may possibly be one of the most smartest scams out of there. :frown:

What's really sad is that I have yet to get over the fact that he scammed me. :redface:

What happens in that scam then?

Went back to RS recently, quite sad to see that around 60% of the population just sits in the city trying to do this ****ty "doubling your money" scam.. so unrefined and unsubtle.
Reply 123
Original post by Architecture-er
What happens in that scam then?

Went back to RS recently, quite sad to see that around 60% of the population just sits in the city trying to do this ****ty "doubling your money" scam.. so unrefined and unsubtle.

The item doubling scam is popular too. Items that are crashing like akrisae's is what you have to watch out for.
Original post by roar558
The item doubling scam is popular too. Items that are crashing like akrisae's is what you have to watch out for.

Huh? Items aren't used for the 'doubling your money' scam...?
Reply 125
Original post by Architecture-er
Huh? Items aren't used for the 'doubling your money' scam...?

There's a variation of it where they say doubling money in one trade then instead of money actually give you an item ie akrisae war mace or a few months ago polypore staff. Since these could be bought for lower than half price on ge, they make a profit.
I've played RS since 2002! I gave my account to my cousin now thinking I had finally broken the pixel crack addiction. However I'm now pumped for RS2006!
My best moment on Runescape was when i was merchanting bowstrings.

I was trading with this guy, and i wanted 3M coins for something like 20k bowstrings, and instead he put 30M down!

I didn't scam him, he was just giving me a large tip. :colone:
Reply 128
My character was mighty in Runescape Classic, circa 2002-4...high 90s lvl, full rune (back when it was a mark of distinction), mountains of gold. Ah, them's were the days.
Reply 129
Just check I've 271 days 15 hours played on my main :P Highlights include 30m WC (pre ivy) 40M thief (pp) 200M cook (~110m sharks, 10m on random stuff and 80M wines) <- that alone was like 25 days. Effigy nerf sucks though I was going for 100 of them.
Bump. I
B
u
m
p
!
If this game wasn't written in Java, and laggy as hell, I'd still play it!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest