The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

how do you get there

I need to go from Kent to Southampton uni! i have no clue how to get there and am not too familiar with the london underground and southampton underground (if that exists) at all.
I know i have to got to waterloo station and take a 1hr 15min train to soutahmpton. but could some1 help me and tell me which train to take from when i get to southampton and how to get to the uni from where i get off??

thanx
Reply 1
You get the train to London Waterloo East...walk across the bridge and follow signs to London Waterloo. Then, once you're there - you just need to look up at the screens for signs to Southampton, if you're not sure, theres plenty of people around who you can ask. It's really simple!

Once to get off at Southampton Central (don't get off at Airport Parkway!), a U1 bus should come to the train station - you need to exit via the platform 4 exit. If you let me know the time you're expected, I'll let you know when the next bus is. The bus will take you straight to Highfield Campus.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
You can get off at Airport Parkway and get the U1 to the Highfield Campus. The Uni Link Bus service website is uni-link.info

The train from Waterloo will be a South West Train. From Kent can you get to Clapham Junction more easily than going into Waterloo? If so you can pick up the train to Southampton from Clapham at platform 9. I have no idea what platform it is at Waterloo.
Reply 3
As far as i remember it (and i was in Waterloo yesterday and have lived in London all my life) Waterloo East trains do NOT go to Southampton. You just need the main Waterloo station. Waterloo East trains go to places like Greenwich.
Reply 4
ok thanx guys! thats a start...um.. i think i will leave the house im staying at in kent at about 8am on the 8th of march! so emma 1987 i dont really know what time i will get there! i have to make the interview at 1.30pm! SHRAP!

thanx again
Reply 5
The U1A goes from the central station on the hour, 20 past and 40 past. Takes about 20 mins.
Reply 6
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/JourneyPlanner.asp

That'll give you the quickest routes available, and their arrival times.
Reply 7
emma_1987
The U1A goes from the central station on the hour, 20 past and 40 past. Takes about 20 mins.

its takes 20mins to get to soton??
Reply 8
what train would i take to get from maidstone, kent to waterloo station?
no train goes from maidstone to waterloo, you can get a train from maidstone east to victoria, and would then need to get the underground to waterloo! :smile:
Reply 10
Tommy07
its takes 20mins to get to soton??

It takes 20 mins on the bus from the train station to the university campus.
Reply 11
oooo! ok thanx guys! im sure ill find my way round!
Reply 12
got there and back!! not bad at all - its really easy!
Congratulations! =]
Reply 14
Thanx Rosie Fairy

Latest

Trending

Trending