The Student Room Group

First Choice for Pharmacy 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GraemeLawd
Ahaaa you've got an Unconditional haven't you? Hopefully get them but like would be more than happy with UEA still which is cool, sure who doesn't love a wee bit of debt coming out of uni anyhow, makes for a good laugh afterwards :P

Indeed I do. :biggrin: Never expected that. Oh yeah, especially when you realise you can't afford to eat. :wink: Still, at least pharmacists have a slightly higher chance of getting a job after uni than some other subjects.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by James A
lol its 50 quid return from london to bath for me. only close uni i applied to is hertfordshire which is just across the M25 (15 minutes by car)

WTF that's pretty awesome!
Reply 82
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Indeed I do. :biggrin: Never expected that. Oh yeah, especially when you realise you can't afford to eat. :wink: Still, at least pharmacists have a slightly higher chance of getting a job after uni than some other subjects.

Unconditional would be unreal :P. I eat so much now, gunna completely die at uni nj, be living on bread and pasta :L. There are apparently like no jobs in NI though, so will be making the move to the mainland after Uni :P
Unconditional would be unreal :P. I eat so much now, gunna completely die at uni nj, be living on bread and pasta :L. There are apparently like no jobs in NI though, so will be making the move to the mainland after Uni :P

It's the best thing ever. Don't think I'll ever get married now, it can't be as good as having an unconditional, I think. :lol: Same, I'm going to waste away at university, especially because I am the world's worst budgeter. :tongue: I've heard that there might not be many jobs here in 4 years since 2 new pharmacy schools are opening up, but that's fine. I'll just flee to New Zealand. Or Canada.
Original post by Doctor.
Oh I've seen the sports centre at Bath lol it's pretty nice! :smile: I will be on campus, but it's just nice to know that I will always be able to pop back home in case I get a little home sick :biggrin:. At bath i'd be like :lulwut: I just wasted 60 quid just to visit family :frown:

Yeah it's probably nice to tell people I go to one of the best in the country, I guess :smile:

If it helps, it's over a hundred for me to visit my family, and about 10 hours by train. Somehow I don't think I'll be making weekend trips home. :lol: Still, at least we're not international students, imagine having to take a plane home to see your family. Actually, who am I kidding, I'd love that.
Reply 85
It's the best thing ever. Don't think I'll ever get married now, it can't be as good as having an unconditional, I think. :lol: Same, I'm going to waste away at university, especially because I am the world's worst budgeter. :tongue: I've heard that there might not be many jobs here in 4 years since 2 new pharmacy schools are opening up, but that's fine. I'll just flee to New Zealand. Or Canada.

Hmm just live on ya own cuz you got your unconditional :P. Atleast if I go to Belfast I can come home at the weekends and get fed up again, screwed if I go to UEA though :P. 2 new schools? I know about Durham but what's the other one? Weird thing is I really wanna go to New Zealand or Canada too haha!
Hmm just live on ya own cuz you got your unconditional :P. Atleast if I go to Belfast I can come home at the weekends and get fed up again, screwed if I go to UEA though :P. 2 new schools? I know about Durham but what's the other one? Weird thing is I really wanna go to New Zealand or Canada too haha!

Think Birmingham is opening one, even though they've already got Aston. Well, I think it was Birmingham. Somewhere beginning with B, anyway. Silly really. Edinburgh should open one, then I'd have a uni in Scotland I actually wanted to go to, that does Pharmacy. Then I wouldn't have to pay fees at all. :cool:

Yep, just going to be a loner now, clinging onto the fact that I got an unconditional, even when I'm 80. :lol: Somehow I don't see that actually happening. Why would you want to go home though? I'm going to the other side of the country to avoid my family. :wink: I definitely won't be going home at weekends. 10 hours on the train, perhaps not. :lol: Oh no, you'll end up following me to Canada! Not that I'd mind, as long as you have an Irish accent. :tongue:
Reply 87
Think Birmingham is opening one, even though they've already got Aston. Well, I think it was Birmingham. Somewhere beginning with B, anyway. Silly really. Edinburgh should open one, then I'd have a uni in Scotland I actually wanted to go to, that does Pharmacy. Then I wouldn't have to pay fees at all. :cool:

Yep, just going to be a loner now, clinging onto the fact that I got an unconditional, even when I'm 80. :lol: Somehow I don't see that actually happening. Why would you want to go home though? I'm going to the other side of the country to avoid my family. :wink: I definitely won't be going home at weekends. 10 hours on the train, perhaps not. :lol: Oh no, you'll end up following me to Canada! Not that I'd mind, as long as you have an Irish accent. :tongue:

What about Strathcylde? It seems pretty good! Well its only 90mins home on the train for me so If I get home sick I can hope on the train :wink: haha. I would never wanna go to Birmingham tbh, does not appeal to me in the slightest.

I would LOL if you were just chillin in your rocking chair bitter about never meeting anyone due to your wee unconditional :P. I think i'd prefer NZ over Canada but wanna go to both for sure. As for my accent its not like proper "irish" But I suppose technically it is hahaa
What about Strathcylde? It seems pretty good! Well its only 90mins home on the train for me so If I get home sick I can hope on the train :wink: haha. I would never wanna go to Birmingham tbh, does not appeal to me in the slightest.

I would LOL if you were just chillin in your rocking chair bitter about never meeting anyone due to your wee unconditional :P. I think i'd prefer NZ over Canada but wanna go to both for sure. As for my accent its not like proper "irish" But I suppose technically it is hahaa

Glasgow's a great city, but I just wasn't keen on Strathclyde. Probably because it rained...nah, the department didn't seem to be very bothered so I didn't even bother applying. Nice one. Suppose I could always fly home, if I wanted to become bankrupt. :tongue: Yeah, I've never felt a great urge to go and see Birmingham.

My friends joke that I'll end up spending my days shouting at kids in the street before going back into my house to my numerous cats and bags of Werthers Originals. :cool: They're so kind to me. I've seen New Zealand, think I'd go and live in Auckland if I could. :love: And well, anything's better than Aberdonian accents, trust me.
Reply 89
Original post by Lemon_Face
how long do you have to wait for a offer from bath after interview???? i had my interview on the 2nd of feb!! 2 weeks ago!! still waiting!!

Hey,
I've got my bath interview coming up, if you don't mind what kind of questions did they ask you?
Reply 90
Glasgow's a great city, but I just wasn't keen on Strathclyde. Probably because it rained...nah, the department didn't seem to be very bothered so I didn't even bother applying. Nice one. Suppose I could always fly home, if I wanted to become bankrupt. :tongue: Yeah, I've never felt a great urge to go and see Birmingham.

My friends joke that I'll end up spending my days shouting at kids in the street before going back into my house to my numerous cats and bags of Werthers Originals. :cool: They're so kind to me. I've seen New Zealand, think I'd go and live in Auckland if I could. :love: And well, anything's better than Aberdonian accents, trust me.

Aha fair enough, I've not really looked at it much cause I never applied there so can't say much about it :P. Gotta love rain, we're fairly used to it now :frown: :P. Is there flights from Norwich to Aberdeen? Yeah Birmingham has little appeal to me :L

Werthers original, good choice although personal think foxes orignal fruit sweets are unbelievable :P, although cats are not cool at all so avoid them I'd say hahaha! If I was for NZ it'd be Auckland too I think, this is strange :P. I don't think I've heard an Aberdonian accent tbh but my RE teacher did study in Aberdeen so his could be from there, and its pretty cool haha!
Aha fair enough, I've not really looked at it much cause I never applied there so can't say much about it :P. Gotta love rain, we're fairly used to it now :frown: :P. Is there flights from Norwich to Aberdeen? Yeah Birmingham has little appeal to me :L

Werthers original, good choice although personal think foxes orignal fruit sweets are unbelievable :P, although cats are not cool at all so avoid them I'd say hahaha! If I was for NZ it'd be Auckland too I think, this is strange :P. I don't think I've heard an Aberdonian accent tbh but my RE teacher did study in Aberdeen so his could be from there, and its pretty cool haha!

Yeah, I wasn't a fan. Neither was anyone else I spoke to. :lol: But Glasgow's a cool city, plus there's a place just down the street from the uni which does the most amazing curry ever. But I figured that probably wasn't a valid reason to go there. :lol: Yeah, there is, but they're a tad costly. :tongue:

Mmmmm. Foxes. Good choice there. Well, it's just cos Werther's are meant to be old people sweets, apparently. Fly biscuits as well. Eugh, and weak tea! I hate weak tea. Aw, I love cats! I have two. They're antisocial buggers though. So are most of the cats on my street, I think they're just in with the wrong crowd. :wink: This is creepy actually. :lol: Maybe. It's annoying when you live here though, especially when someone with an Aberdonian accent is failing badly at trying to do an English one. :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 92
Yeah, I wasn't a fan. Neither was anyone else I spoke to. :lol: But Glasgow's a cool city, plus there's a place just down the street from the uni which does the most amazing curry ever. But I figured that probably wasn't a valid reason to go there. :lol: Yeah, there is, but they're a tad costly. :tongue:

Mmmmm. Foxes. Good choice there. Well, it's just cos Werther's are meant to be old people sweets, apparently. Fly biscuits as well. Eugh, and weak tea! I hate weak tea. Aw, I love cats! I have two. They're antisocial buggers though. So are most of the cats on my street, I think they're just in with the wrong crowd. :wink: This is creepy actually. :lol: Maybe. It's annoying when you live here though, especially when someone with an Aberdonian accent is failing badly at trying to do an English one. :colonhash:

The only other person I'm friends with back here doing Pharmacy wants to go to Strathclyde I think, well she did anyhow :P. Oh really? Up where I live has the most incredible group of restaurants, they are like the best in Northern Ireland, celebs go there sometimes haha, good reason for staying in the country :P.

Foxes are unbelievable. Especially when you get a bag for like 80p, best bargain ever. Hmm I like tea but it takes a lot of effort to make so I never bother with it :P. I'm not a cat person, big up the dogs. We used to have a cat but just for catching mice that may be about cause live in the country. Ahh really :P. My english accent is aweeeeeesome JS! :L
The only other person I'm friends with back here doing Pharmacy wants to go to Strathclyde I think, well she did anyhow :P. Oh really? Up where I live has the most incredible group of restaurants, they are like the best in Northern Ireland, celebs go there sometimes haha, good reason for staying in the country :P.

Foxes are unbelievable. Especially when you get a bag for like 80p, best bargain ever. Hmm I like tea but it takes a lot of effort to make so I never bother with it :P. I'm not a cat person, big up the dogs. We used to have a cat but just for catching mice that may be about cause live in the country. Ahh really :P. My english accent is aweeeeeesome JS! :L

Ah, the only person I'm friends with who wants to do pharmacy is just going to stay and go to RGU. It's actually a pretty good department, I just don't want to stay. :lol: Oh no, don't say that! You're making me seriously wish I'd applied to QUB now! :bawling:

They really are. And foxes glacier mints. That said, my favourite cheap sweets have got to be fizzy strawberry laces :coma: So good. Well, I'm clearly a wannabe hippy so I drink ridiculous amounts of green tea. :lol: I love dogs, just can't have them because my mum's allergic (which we found out right after we got a dog :lol:) Well, my cats would be awful at catching mice, I don't know what they do out there but it's nothing useful. Or maybe they just don't love me enough to bring them home. :tongue: I bet it is. :lol: Although my accent is easy to take the piss out of, I sound like Hermione.
Reply 94
Ah, the only person I'm friends with who wants to do pharmacy is just going to stay and go to RGU. It's actually a pretty good department, I just don't want to stay. :lol: Oh no, don't say that! You're making me seriously wish I'd applied to QUB now! :bawling:

They really are. And foxes glacier mints. That said, my favourite cheap sweets have got to be fizzy strawberry laces :coma: So good. Well, I'm clearly a wannabe hippy so I drink ridiculous amounts of green tea. :lol: I love dogs, just can't have them because my mum's allergic (which we found out right after we got a dog :lol:) Well, my cats would be awful at catching mice, I don't know what they do out there but it's nothing useful. Or maybe they just don't love me enough to bring them home. :tongue: I bet it is. :lol: Although my accent is easy to take the piss out of, I sound like Hermione.

I just can't imagine myself living in Aberdeen, too cold for my liking :P. Gotta love Pharmacy though, best course evaaaaa hahaa. You should have applied to Queens, its pretty sweet, + Belfast is awesome and one of the cheapest cities in the uk :wink:.

Awhh my favourite sweets are dolly mix. Asda's own cost like 30p, brilliant like haha. I drink more coffee tbh, but mostly because we get it free in school at break and it wakens me up haha. Awh my mum loves dogs. We've had a few boxers and they are aweeeeesome, although pretty huge! I dunno if my cat ever caught any mice tbh but that was her purpose, she's now buried in the garden :P. Now you said Bring Them home, it reminded me of Les Mis and I had to listen to "Bring Him Home" hahaha. And sounding like Hermione? Can't be all that bad? :L
I just can't imagine myself living in Aberdeen, too cold for my liking :P. Gotta love Pharmacy though, best course evaaaaa hahaa. You should have applied to Queens, its pretty sweet, + Belfast is awesome and one of the cheapest cities in the uk :wink:.

Awhh my favourite sweets are dolly mix. Asda's own cost like 30p, brilliant like haha. I drink more coffee tbh, but mostly because we get it free in school at break and it wakens me up haha. Awh my mum loves dogs. We've had a few boxers and they are aweeeeesome, although pretty huge! I dunno if my cat ever caught any mice tbh but that was her purpose, she's now buried in the garden :P. Now you said Bring Them home, it reminded me of Les Mis and I had to listen to "Bring Him Home" hahaha. And sounding like Hermione? Can't be all that bad? :L

Aberdeen...:colonhash: I can't wait to leave. Actually, it's not that cold right now. We had our first snow of the year today and it's already melting. It was about 10 degrees colder in Norwich last week. :tongue: I should have, not sure why I didn't. Pretty sure Norwich is one of the cheapest cities in the UK as well. Well, they claim to be. Or maybe they all say that...:ninja:

I quite like dolly mix, I hate liquorice allsorts though, they're evil. Free coffee?! I wish I had your life. :lol: So does mine, she had some when she was younger but somehow she's become allergic. Boxers are lovely. I'd love a dalmation or something, wouldn't be able to keep up, mind, but they're cute. Aw, poor cat. I love Les Mis! Pretty sure Master of the House is my favourite song though, mostly because it always makes me laugh. I'd prefer it if I looked like Hermione, particularly in the later films. :lol:
Reply 96
Aberdeen...:colonhash: I can't wait to leave. Actually, it's not that cold right now. We had our first snow of the year today and it's already melting. It was about 10 degrees colder in Norwich last week. :tongue: I should have, not sure why I didn't. Pretty sure Norwich is one of the cheapest cities in the UK as well. Well, they claim to be. Or maybe they all say that...:ninja:

I quite like dolly mix, I hate liquorice allsorts though, they're evil. Free coffee?! I wish I had your life. :lol: So does mine, she had some when she was younger but somehow she's become allergic. Boxers are lovely. I'd love a dalmation or something, wouldn't be able to keep up, mind, but they're cute. Aw, poor cat. I love Les Mis! Pretty sure Master of the House is my favourite song though, mostly because it always makes me laugh. I'd prefer it if I looked like Hermione, particularly in the later films. :lol:

Yeah it was like Northern Ireland and Northern Scotland that were freezing last week. We had like 9 degrees and the rest of europe was freezing, unreal times :P. We had a little bit of snow but nothing much thankfully haha. Yeah I think it is too, can't beat Belfast though just because Northern irish people are awesome really.... :P.

Jelly babies also are unbelievable too tbh! Oh Liquorice is just a regret isn't it, never liking the taste of those bad boys hahaa. Yeah well its only like a small cup but gets you through the day :P. I think I'd like to get more Boxers but yes I agree Dalmatians are well cool, I think it helps they had awesome Disney movies made about them :P. I love pretty much all songs by Valjean/Enjorles, mainly because I can belt them out (usually when nobody else is about) haha. Aha hermione is SMOKING hot from about the 4th film...although Emma got her hair cut...regret for her! :P :auto:
Anyone here thinking of firming Cardiff? Also, can anyone living in Liverpool tell me what it's like? When I visited for my interview, I swear the whole city was deserted...creepy. Does the JMU have good sports facilities? Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by Dollyandra
Anyone here thinking of firming Cardiff? Also, can anyone living in Liverpool tell me what it's like? When I visited for my interview, I swear the whole city was deserted...creepy. Does the JMU have good sports facilities? Thanks in advance :smile:

I've firmed Cardiff already :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by Dollyandra

ikr?! they did seems a little bit...dead, but I have been to Liverpool before, it's just the site we had interviews around was actually rather deprived, it's a little more inner city that's much nicer :smile:.

Not sure about sports but the university in general is pretty good. There are a fair bit of societies to join up. the clubbing is quite decent too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending