The Student Room Group

Suits

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
I know, they have sport events and things like the Winter Olympics and such. But our shows are much more reliable in terms of scheduling. Our shows don't randomly go on 2-4 week long hiatus like some American shows do.

Yeh I would much prefer they just showed the whole thing in one go, the long breaks are annoying and I forget some of the stuff that's happened lol.
Reply 641
Suits has just turned into people saying a dramatic line and then storming out of the room.
Original post by Tpos
Yeh I would much prefer they just showed the whole thing in one go, the long breaks are annoying and I forget some of the stuff that's happened lol.

Agreed. I completely forgot the storyline during the season 3 hiatus. I'm sure millions of people would rather watch their favourite TV dramas than some sports show that they can record and watch later on. The hiatus for the boring Winter Olympics really pissed me off.
Reply 643
Original post by Dnator
Suits has just turned into people saying a dramatic line and then storming out of the room.

This is quite accurate yet I've become hooked again. :colondollar: :s-smilie:
Really? I haven't been able to find any info about Seasons 4 premiere date. We usually always wait a year, I hope its June!

The creator of Suits said it premieres in June! :excited:

In unrelated news, is it just me or is Lewis a lot more likeable since series 3? Since he sided with Daniel against Jessica in series 2 (or was it 1?) I never really liked him, but now I think he's brilliant. My favourite bit of the s3 finale was Harvey and Lewis walking out of their limos after getting Mike out of trouble. Dons.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
The creator of Suits said it premieres in June! :excited:

In unrelated news, is it just me or is Lewis a lot more likeable since series 3? Since he sided with Daniel against Jessica in series 2 (or was it 1?) I never really liked him, but now I think he's brilliant. My favourite bit of the s3 finale was Harvey and Lewis walking out of their limos after getting Mike out of trouble. Dons.

YAY:eek::biggrin:

Thank God! Just 2 months away phew.

That scene was great! I agree, I absolutely loathed him in season 1 and I still despise how he always want to do the right thing regardless of who gets hurt (when he was so intent on reporting Mike's fake grade to the lecturer). I agree, he has become more likeable, it hurt me how he was unwillingly to sacrifice having children with Sheila. She was willing to move across country for him and give up her job.. smh.

I highly doubt he will find someone like her again. She and him were made for each other, I actually quite liked their relationship. It made him more likeable as a character.

On the other hand, I'm starting to really dislike Rachel.. she is just soo annoying at time, especially in the season finale.. getting angry because Mike changed his mind about taking the job. When she said she'd support whatever decision he made.. hypocritical much?
YAY:eek::biggrin:

Thank God! Just 2 months away phew.

That scene was great! I agree, I absolutely loathed him in season 1 and I still despise how he always want to do the right thing regardless of who gets hurt (when he was so intent on reporting Mike's fake grade to the lecturer). I agree, he has become more likeable, it hurt me how he was unwillingly to sacrifice having children with Sheila. She was willing to move across country for him and give up her job.. smh.

I highly doubt he will find someone like her again. She and him were made for each other, I actually quite liked their relationship. It made him more likeable as a character.

On the other hand, I'm starting to really dislike Rachel.. she is just soo annoying at time, especially in the season finale.. getting angry because Mike changed his mind about taking the job. When she said she'd support whatever decision he made.. hypocritical much?

I agree, his dictaphone antics are just hilarious now! I think it's because he stopped trying to one-up Harvey and started acting like his friend more! Sheila was great, I agree, but he wanted children and she didn't so it wasn't really going to work :frown: They were made for each other though, no denying that!

Eugh I completely agree, first she supports whatever decision he makes then she gets mad at him for not taking the job? Bit selfish. I think she's still bitter that he's a lawyer despite not going to uni whilst she's a paralegal... Scotty was annoying too, always starting an argument with Harvey. Although she was more justified because he was keeping stuff from her, so I'm sad that she's left :frown:
I agree, his dictaphone antics are just hilarious now! I think it's because he stopped trying to one-up Harvey and started acting like his friend more! Sheila was great, I agree, but he wanted children and she didn't so it wasn't really going to work :frown: They were made for each other though, no denying that!

Eugh I completely agree, first she supports whatever decision he makes then she gets mad at him for not taking the job? Bit selfish. I think she's still bitter that he's a lawyer despite not going to uni whilst she's a paralegal... Scotty was annoying too, always starting an argument with Harvey. Although she was more justified because he was keeping stuff from her, so I'm sad that she's left :frown:

I love his dictaphone antics, does his assistant really listen to them with a straight a face? I just couldn't..

Scotty was just a filler, Donna and Harvey are meant to be together, but I guess they don't want to ruin their friendship if a relationship between them fails. I find it so awkward though how Donna was gunning for Scotty and Harvey's relationship so much.. when she couldn't admit or deny being in love with him in season 1 or 2??? The breaks in between seasons confuse me.. :mad:

Exactly! Rachel is just a hater.. she's just a daddy's girl that's trying to live up to her father's expectations of her.
Don't you just love how they say 'buuuull****' LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love his dictaphone antics, does his assistant really listen to them with a straight a face? I just couldn't..

Scotty was just a filler, Donna and Harvey are meant to be together, but I guess they don't want to ruin their friendship if a relationship between them fails. I find it so awkward though how Donna was gunning for Scotty and Harvey's relationship so much.. when she couldn't admit or deny being in love with him in season 1 or 2??? The breaks in between seasons confuse me.. :mad:

Exactly! Rachel is just a hater.. she's just a daddy's girl that's trying to live up to her father's expectations of her.

I would happily listen to his dictaphone recordings all day, would be a great job :lol:

Yeah I agree, I love Donna. I think she just wanted him to be happy, but she was subliminally telling him she was never going to be satisfied with him so I think she knew what she was doing... Yeah I agree, the break halfway through s3 was a bit random but I reminded myself of the plot through wikipedia :tongue:

Harsh words! :wink: But true. I thought she was supposed to go to university to become a lawyer what happened to that? Didn't she persuade Jessica to pay for her tuition? I can see her and Mike splitting up soon, especially with him leaving to join the bank and Rachel going to uni.
(edited 10 years ago)
I was so happy that Mike took the job, when he first said no it was a stupid move. I think him getting Lola to hack into the bar, will later bite him in the arse. I also have a feeling Mike will end up returning to the firm during mid season 4.

He took a job as being a lawyer for that banker's firm, he will still be at Pearson Specter.
Original post by TheGuy117
He took a job as being a lawyer for that banker's firm, he will still be at Pearson Specter.

No.. he didn't.. You must have not been listening at all for the last couple episodes. He is switching careers! Jonathan Sidwell asked Mike to become an investment banker and be part of his team, not his in-house counsel. Why do you think Mike was talking about missing the law?

Watch the damn episodes correctly, before you quote me.
I would happily listen to his dictaphone recordings all day, would be a great job :lol:

Yeah I agree, I love Donna. I think she just wanted him to be happy, but she was subliminally telling him she was never going to be satisfied with him so I think she knew what she was doing... Yeah I agree, the break halfway through s3 was a bit random but I reminded myself of the plot through wikipedia :tongue:

Harsh words! :wink: But true. I thought she was supposed to go to university to become a lawyer what happened to that? Didn't she persuade Jessica to pay for her tuition? I can see her and Mike splitting up soon, especially with him leaving to join the bank and Rachel going to uni.

Ah right wikipedia! I'll use that next time, instead of racking my brain and trying to figure out what happened last. Donna is a strong woman, I couldn't sit back and let the guy I love mess about with other women.

That's what I thought too! Unless they're trying to follow the real world and let her start at the beginning of the academic year? Yes she did, in the finale, Jessica said once she graduates she will be part of the "family". Me too. Rachel is a very self-centered person, I can see her being the one to ask for a "break" whenever the attention isn't on her, she throws hissy fits. I think I dislike her character so much, because so far she is the only character that lacks development in the show. She's very one dimensional.

I just know Mike is gonna be killing it in investment banking, I can't wait for that. I actually like Jonathan Sidwell, I hope he is more involved in season 4 since he will be working with Mike and all.
Reply 653
Bit selfish. I think she's still bitter that he's a lawyer despite not going to uni whilst she's a paralegal.(

Putting aside my massive hatred for Rachel, I just don't think she has it in her to be a lawyer and I really think they should address this. When you think about Harvey, Louis, Jessica and even Mike they are all tough and can be very hard with clients. Rachel just doesn't seem to have that in her, she'd get eaten alive by all of the opposing counsels the others have faced over the past few seasons. When she gets mad at someone, instead of coming across tough, she appears more like a spoilt child, throwing a toy on the floor and screaming 'But Daddy! I wanna be a lawyer!'
Ah right wikipedia! I'll use that next time, instead of racking my brain and trying to figure out what happened last. Donna is a strong woman, I couldn't sit back and let the guy I love mess about with other women.

That's what I thought too! Unless they're trying to follow the real world and let her start at the beginning of the academic year? Yes she did, in the finale, Jessica said once she graduates she will be part of the "family". Me too. Rachel is a very self-centered person, I can see her being the one to ask for a "break" whenever the attention isn't on her, she throws hissy fits. I think I dislike her character so much, because so far she is the only character that lacks development in the show. She's very one dimensional.

I just know Mike is gonna be killing it in investment banking, I can't wait for that. I actually like Jonathan Sidwell, I hope he is more involved in season 4 since he will be working with Mike and all.

True, I'm not sure I want Donna and Harvey to get together, because if (when) they break up it'll be weird.

Seems a bit strange but maybe, oh yeah I remember that emotional scene with Rachel and Jessica haha. I agree about Rachel completely, she'll find something to blame on Mike and then say "I don't think it's working out" out of the blue.

I thought Mike would be more suited to law because of his memory of all the statutes/case law/precedents etc but he's intelligent in general so I guess that'll help him in IB. I hope it doesn't affect Mike and Harvey's relationship, both willing to go to prison for each other - loyalty at its best :^_^: I'd love to see Mike pitted against Harvey though - that would be good (as long as they made up afterwards ofc)!

syrettd

Putting aside my massive hatred for Rachel, I just don't think she has it in her to be a lawyer and I really think they should address this. When you think about Harvey, Louis, Jessica and even Mike they are all tough and can be very hard with clients. Rachel just doesn't seem to have that in her, she'd get eaten alive by all of the opposing counsels the others have faced over the past few seasons. When she gets mad at someone, instead of coming across tough, she appears more like a spoilt child, throwing a toy on the floor and screaming 'But Daddy! I wanna be a lawyer!'

Funny how since series 3 Rachel has become really hated, I didn't mind her at all at first. Mike can be weak sometimes, he's not as ruthless as Harvey like when he helped Jonathan leave his firm although he represented the firm. I agree about Rachel not being good enough to be a lawyer though, I think next season once they introduce new characters they won't need her anymore so she'll leave (to get her law degree) and maybe come back in series 5 in a cameo appearance.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 655
Original post by syrettd

I think they tried to show that she can be somewhat assertive when she managed to convince Jessica to pay for her fees.
Reply 656

Funny how since series 3 Rachel has become really hated, I didn't mind her at all at first. Mike can be weak sometimes, he's not as ruthless as Harvey like when he helped Jonathan leave his firm although he represented the firm. I agree about Rachel not being good enough to be a lawyer though, I think next season once they introduce new characters they won't need her anymore so she'll leave (to get her law degree) and maybe come back in series 5 in a cameo appearance.

I hated Rachel before it was cool :cool:

No, but seriously, I have hated her since the beginning, as past posts on this thread prove! Even if I liked her I still think she isn't suited to being a lawyer, and I hope (though think it's unlikely) that they do something like you've said.

Original post by Tpos
I think they tried to show that she can be somewhat assertive when she managed to convince Jessica to pay for her fees.

Still seemed very much a baby throwing her toys out of the pram to me. She makes a good paralegal, but if she'd had to face Jessica in court over paying her tuition fees, Jessica would have destroyed her.
Reply 657
I started watching this about 2 weeks ago (I download all tv shows to my laptop then stream through tv).

It's good. I'm a huge fan of the good wife, but waiting weeks/months for each episode is a ballache. Suits is decent, S3 is a bit of a dissappointment so far, not much happening/big things happening slowly.

But yeah, give it a watch. Try 2 or 3 episodes, as the pilot is funny, and tells a good story, but its not really like what an actual episode is like (for better or for worse).
Didn't realise season 4 had started! Catching up with them all now.
Original post by syrettd
Didn't realise season 4 had started! Catching up with them all now.

They've all been pretty good so far, enjoy! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest