The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Politics and International Relations at Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by qwerty4444
Yeah, but Edinburgh usually put BBBBB (for Scottish highers- however many you do), to encourage a wider range of Scottish applicants. They have the offer at BBB for A levels too for some reason, but only ever give AAA offers out. I'm just wondering if any English applicants have received an offer offer (and whether it matched the grades given in the prospectus)?:smile:

Edinburgh put such low requirements so people from all backgrounds will apply but its all nonsense because 9 times out of 10 they want AAAAA from scottish students. Aberdeen are usually more accurate with their prospectus.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 21
Original post by kirsti
Edinburgh put such low requirements so people from all backgrounds will apply but its all nonsense because 9 times out of 10 they want AAAAA from scottish students. Aberdeen are usually more accurate with their prospectus.

Reply 22
Original post by qwerty4444
Hey, I'm thinking of applying to Aberdeen for entry in 2013, possible for politics and international relations. However, I'm English, is Aberdeen abit like Edinburgh in the regard that they put BBB down in the prospectus to attract more Scottish applicants, and then any English applicants they give a place to they give an offer is AAA. Or are the required grades in the prospectus's accurate?

Thanks

Aberdeen Unis MINIMUM requirements is BBB for A-Level students, that means you may get an offer with just BBB, but your conditions COULD also be higher... this depends on a lot of factors such as grade range of applicants etc so it cannot be predicted for any uni. Best advice, work hard and don't be pu toff by rumours. Personal statements and other factors such as extra-curricular activities will have a deciding stake also, it's not all about the grades :smile:
Reply 23
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending