The Student Room Group

Msc Finance & Investment - need advice

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Txi
May top the list, but the list is pretty sh*t.

And for the money, I say dump em.

Strat is higher than Durham don't mean that much, Durham has never and will never be a ranked Uni in Finance - this an unwritten law in stone.

Trust me but it's your money to waste as you see fit.

Thank you for your statement!
Reply 21
Original post by cmadre

...The best non-uk alternatives are in my opinion:
HEC Paris
SSE Stockholm
St Gallen
WHU
Mannheim
Frankfurt
Zurich
HEC Lausanne
Copenhagen

the first 4 programmes are just the same hard to apply as uk elite programmes, therefore I would strike them from your list.
Frankfurt and Mannheim are also hard to apply, but maybe doable...

Would you mind expanding more on Frankfurt (School of Finance/Management)?
I applied there, still not sure why, and I had to email admissions to remind them that it's been over two months since I heard from them...

I got a response next day stating the admissions committee looked at my profile and wanted to invite me for an interview. The whole thing looks fishy, can't find any information on this and something tells me I should just forget about this school.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Txi

this an unwritten law in stone.

Trust me but it's your money to waste as you see fit.

An unwritten law [set] in stone, eh? Isn't that just a stone :tongue:?

Anyway, I probably agree with most of what has been said. You could apply for better courses, none of those are 'top' tier. They are good, but it's a lot of money for something which is just 'good' if that makes sense?
Reply 23
Original post by realdeal87
Would you mind expanding more on Frankfurt (School of Finance/Management)?
I applied there, still not sure why, and I had to email admissions to remind them that it's been over two months since I heard from them...

I got a response next day stating the admissions committee looked at my profile and wanted to invite me for an interview. The whole thing looks fishy, can't find any information on this and something tells me I should just forget about this school.

I know the school, a friends of mine is there. First of all our system in Germany is different to the UK one because the major universities are almost for free for everyone (except a small fee of 300 - 500€ that's all even the really good ones Frankfurt or Mannheim). The Frankfurt School is a private school but has a really good reputation in "Frankfurt City". On the other hand, normally Unis do not look at your application before May or June the earliest. That is done due the circumstances that our education at uni starts at another time and most of the students can not apply as early as you can.
Reply 24
Original post by Hanshen
An unwritten law [set] in stone, eh? Isn't that just a stone :tongue:?

Anyway, I probably agree with most of what has been said. You could apply for better courses, none of those are 'top' tier. They are good, but it's a lot of money for something which is just 'good' if that makes sense?

Well ok then just " an unwritten law ".

Value for $$$ = very important unless you like burning money
Reply 25
Original post by Txi
Well ok then just " an unwritten law ".

Value for $$$ = very important unless you like burning money

Like I say, it's a lot of money for something which is just "good". ie. I agree with you, if you're going to be spending as much money as that may as well make it count.
Reply 26
would you consider cass (MSc investment management) as very good or just good, too?
I could go to edinburgh,durham, strathclyde or cass. is cass worth the additional 4-5k?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending